Parenting Hell Podcast #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've finally listened to the Lily Allen ep, it was really good. I would be tempted to read her autobiography now

Reactions: 10
I can only go by my own experience of an emergency C-section with my second (10 lb 2 oz 😳) child at 35, and I wasn’t offered to have it done. There is no way I would have been in my right mind to make such a massive life changing decision. I’m really shocked and quite saddened that this has happened to some without any kind of consultation beforehand 😢
It is shocking hey! One of many reasons I wanted to avoid the hospital for my own births. There's interventions, and then there's that 🥴

Reactions: 1
Anyone listened to the podcast ‘Life with Nat’ they were promoting? I tried her voice is a drone and it’s so slow and boring

Reactions: 6
I don't think I've ever come across someone with such opposing views on everything in life to mine! Luisa Zissman obviously to be clear 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Anyone listened to the podcast ‘Life with Nat’ they were promoting? I tried her voice is a drone and it’s so slow and boring
I tried but I’m not sure I’ll listen again. I couldn’t work out if she was funny or rude to some people too. Was a bit confused as the post they put on insta said they’ve done the podcast

Reactions: 3
I think it’s the same agent or company they are involved in.

And yeah, I tried to listen to todays but duck me they are two of the most irritating people I’ve ever heard.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I had to look up Louisa Zissman midway through today’s episode because i assumed she was a parody character not a real person 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I think it’s the same agent or company they are involved in.
Yeah it's the same production company called Keep It Light which I think Josh is one of the owners of. They do have a hand in a few comedy podcasts, their name comes up on Wolf and Owl's feed and Chatabix.

After listening to today's Parenting Hell, I think the boys have built up a few months worth of "non relatable" credit there, as even their most celeb filled tales are more relatable than some of the stuff today.

Would be interested in what they both thought - Rob was pushing hard playing Devil's Advocate in terms of helping the kids out with money if they wanted to do something arty with their life.

Bizarre, if you asked somebody who wasn’t too aware which TV show gave all of Zissman, Tom Skinner and Katie Hopkins to the world I think you’d be surprised to find out it was The Apprentice.

Reactions: 4
Yes j really struggled to listen to parts, had no idea what they were all saying for most of it.

I’ve never heard of either of these woman and I hope I never do again! One of them seemed ok, the therapy bit was interesting, but the other one was awful. I’m glad for her children that her friend is a therapist - they’re going to need her.
I hope the PH guys do read here - please, we’re begging you, just give us an hour of Rob and Josh chatting. I would much rather that than some of these no marks vocal frying and Torying it up into my ear.

Reactions: 14
I hope the PH guys do read here - please, we’re begging you, just give us an hour of Rob and Josh chatting. I would much rather that than some of these no marks vocal frying and Torying it up into my ear.
Or at the very least please PH guys include a 10-15 minute debrief after the interview where you tell us what you really thought without holding back 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I enjoyed it today, however I do also quite enjoy the Luanna pod so I can deal with Luisa and her quirks 😄 I can understand how she would be massively jarring to some people though, it took me a while to warm to her.

I was hoping there was a PH thread, glad there is because WTF was that today! Some tory bint bragging about bodyshaming her 'friend' into stopping breastfeeding, and lacking any self awareness apparently whilst dismissing education/careers in the arts whilst literally being a content creator. Practically shouting over her 'friend' and co host. The whole thing was so grating and I'm so surprised they actually did it considering how open they've been with their own/wives struggles with things like bfing. The last few guest episodes have just been so bizarre I feel like its becoming so unrelatable and not really parenting centred more people who love to talk about themselves but coincidentally have kids🥴

Reactions: 15
I believe Rob and Lou are friends with Anna.. I imagine he’s likely done her a favour and they’ve had to put up with Luisa as part of that.

They do regularly say they don’t enjoy all interviews and they stated they had very different parenting styles to Luisa too. I don’t think they sugar coated their feelings to be fair.

They made that little comment about Russell Kane at the beginning, Louisa is mates with him and they’re always on holiday together!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Josh became very silent I thought.

I’ve experimented and listened to some of their podcast and also some of the Dan Nightingale one. The Luanna one wasn’t too bad - calmer than the interview and talking about birth injuries and gynae physio. The other one was just not for me - it might take some more listens but it just felt very blokey and meandering.

I’d love more of the comedian interviews like the early days.