Parenting Hell Podcast #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'd like to see some re visits like Joel Dommet and Sara Pascoe! I can't think who else but liked the last 2 guests. Hate Luisa so might avoid that one.

Reactions: 4
Just catching up with yesterday’s episode. I know they are not famous but I think an episode with Alex Brookers parents would be really interesting!

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Luisa zissman and Anna Williamson said they were recording parenting hell on Monday so they’ll be on soon.

I don’t often listen to their podcast anymore but just happened to listen to 20 mins yesterday!
Scraping the barrel here, Jesus

Reactions: 5
It’ll never happen but I’d love if they could get their comedy hero Eddie Murphy on 😂👀

Reactions: 1
I do find it a bit of a shame when they get guests on that completely contradict how they parent (Sam/billie faiers and Luisa being examples)

Just bin the guests and have them occasionally if you are just going to have these no marks flogging shite podcasts, or even get their own parents on which would be more interesting.

That or if they have to have guests find people with unique circumstances maybe culturally or gay parents etc, stuff that’s not the “norm” per se.

Reactions: 10
To be fair to them when they asked who the listeners wanted on a while back there were loads of requests for luiza zissman so they are booking people who they think we want. For the record I bleeping ate her!

I think it will be an interesting one as she’ll have some controversial opinions that she won’t be afraid to share!

Reactions: 1
I don’t know who the guy is they’ve got on today but he’s coming across to me as a bit of a bell. Lots of ‘we were pregnant’ and ‘when we were in labour’ 🤢

I like Dan Nightingale, I’m only 15 mins in but he seems ok to me, Rob is doing a lot of talking over him though. I was interested hearing how he set up the Have a Word podcast as it’s massive and Rob cut him dead off.

Reactions: 3
I like Dan Nightingale, I’m only 15 mins in but he seems ok to me, Rob is doing a lot of talking over him though. I was interested hearing how he set up the Have a Word podcast as it’s massive and Rob cut him dead off.
I thought Rob was trying to get it back to parenting chat as DN was talking a lot about the old days and the comedy circuit 😉

Reactions: 2
I’ve just listened to the bit when he said his wife was asked during her emergency C-section if she wanted her tubes tied all while being heavily medicated and she apparently said ok why not, so they did. I’m sorry but I just don’t believe that bit of his story. Surely if it was done then it was more than likely because she had heavy blood loss or something so it was to prevent her haemorrhaging and to save her life not just as a while your done there sort of thing which is how he spun the story. I’d be fuming if my husband spoke so flippantly about something that serious 😡

I’ve just listened to the bit when he said his wife was asked during her emergency C-section if she wanted her tubes tied all while being heavily medicated and she apparently said ok why not, so they did. I’m sorry but I just don’t believe that bit of his story. Surely if it was done then it was more than likely because she had heavy blood loss or something so it was to prevent her haemorrhaging and to save her life not just as a while your done there sort of thing which is how he spun the story. I’d be fuming if my husband spoke so flippantly about something that serious 😡
I've had friends be offered the same thing in the same way so I'd be inclined to believe it. It's common enough in C-section stories I've heard that I thought it must be standard practice to offer mums who have a fair amount of kids already "if they're in there anyway." (Actually fucks me off to the extreme 'cause it's still intense surgery for women with potentially hardcore side effects - why not offer the father a vasectomy?!)

I've had friends be offered the same thing in the same way so I'd be inclined to believe it. It's common enough in C-section stories I've heard that I thought it must be standard practice to offer mums who have a fair amount of kids already "if they're in there anyway." (Actually fucks me off to the extreme 'cause it's still intense surgery for women with potentially hardcore side effects - why not offer the father a vasectomy?!)
I can only go by my own experience of an emergency C-section with my second (10 lb 2 oz 😳) child at 35, and I wasn’t offered to have it done. There is no way I would have been in my right mind to make such a massive life changing decision. I’m really shocked and quite saddened that this has happened to some without any kind of consultation beforehand 😢

Last edited:
Reactions: 3