Parenting Hell Podcast #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Josh became very silent I thought.

I’ve experimented and listened to some of their podcast and also some of the Dan Nightingale one. The Luanna one wasn’t too bad - calmer than the interview and talking about birth injuries and gynae physio. The other one was just not for me - it might take some more listens but it just felt very blokey and meandering.

I’d love more of the comedian interviews like the early days.
me too I actually liked the russell kane ep, this was just so far away from what the podcast has always been😐

Reactions: 1
I didn’t mind it and listened to it all, but I have listened to Luanna pod before so I guess I’m used to them.

The pod id enjoy most is Rob and Josh talking about all the different guests and who they actually liked 🤣 I love the tea. I also love the ‘unrelatable’ parts of the pod when they talk about the celebs they meet! I might be in the minority though.

Reactions: 5
I love the luanna podcast and really like Luisa but it took me a while to warm to her. I actually cannot bare Anna. I found today’s hard simply due to all the talking over each other though.
Need to re listen to Russel Kane

I really dislike it when they have people on who have monetised their kids to the nth degree, like the Faiers. Rob in particular clearly protects his kids so much that it just doesn’t feel like an authentic conversation when that happens.

Reactions: 9
I also love the ‘unrelatable’ parts of the pod when they talk about the celebs they meet! I might be in the minority though.
See i typically enjoy the ‘unrelatable’ parts of the pod (Rob’s run in with Cara Delevingne in the vip area at the Shania Twain concert jumps straight to mind 🤭) but today’s episode full of comments like “staffing up” to avoid postnatal depression, having “more nannies than kids”, etc etc just beggared belief…

When Rob and Josh (and the majority of guests) discuss ‘unrelatable’ experiences they can still talk about it with a relatable/approachable attitude and a sense of perspective that was missing today

Reactions: 8
I didn’t mind Luisa at all, and didn’t think she was that outlandish in her views.

the whole rubbishing of work within the arts was a bit of an odd choice, but other than that she wasn’t out there.

Reactions: 3
What was probably missing from today's was the explanation that Luisas husband is a multimillionaire, so she is able to live this lifestyle. Let's also not forgot Rob and Josh are celebrities so aren't meant to be 'just like us'. It's just entertainment afterall.

I didn't think it was that bad but my expectations were low after reading here and Instagram comments 🤣 I used to listen to luanna tho, but got really bored of it, so I guess I'm used to them too. I actually find Anna more annoying that luisa, going on and on about being a therapist every 2 minutes.

Luisas life is the polar opposite to mine but I'm a nosy cow so I still find it interesting hearing how the other half live. That said I don't think she ever comes across as being particularly happy, just a bored show off.

I didn’t mind Luisa at all, and didn’t think she was that outlandish in her views.

the whole rubbishing of work within the arts was a bit of an odd choice, but other than that she wasn’t out there.
Do you not think it was also a bit bizarre to spout off about being an anti breastfeeding activist or whatever rubbish she said? Imagine if someone said that about formula feeding the mum shaming police would be out in full force. Just seemed like a wild choice for a guest when they've had so many guests on who have spoken about these kinds of topics before but respectfully and generally the vibe is quite light. This one just felt like a nasty girl given a microphone.

Do you not think it was also a bit bizarre to spout off about being an anti breastfeeding activist or whatever rubbish she said? Imagine if someone said that about formula feeding the mum shaming police would be out in full force. Just seemed like a wild choice for a guest when they've had so many guests on who have spoken about these kinds of topics before but respectfully and generally the vibe is quite light. This one just felt like a nasty girl given a microphone.
I know you weren’t replying to me, but as a ‘long term breastfeeder’ of 3 past 2.5 years, her comments didn’t offend me nor did I find them outlandish. Maybe because I’m used to listening to her on her own pod etc though so the shock factor wasn’t there?
She likes to make comments that go against the grain, she prides herself it seems on being the one who doesn’t shy away from expressing an opinion that no one else holds

Reactions: 6
What was probably missing from today's was the explanation that Luisas husband is a multimillionaire, so she is able to live this lifestyle.
I had heard of her from The Apprentice but didn't know much more than that but I do think that was made clear in the episode to be fair that she had "married into money" - but also Anna mentioning both her and her husband has worked for their money

Reactions: 1
No not at all! You’ve taken what she said way too literally
---
I thought today’s Pod was an was an utter mess to listen too.
Constant talking all over each other.🙉
Anna Williamson talks like she’s on speed, loves the sound of her own voice!
Luisa can actually be quite funny and I enjoy her outspoken nature.
She WILL say what others dare not!

I used to listen to their pod a lot however,I fell out of love with it

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I will absolutely not be listening to the Luisa episode. I never planned to but after these comments I’m even more sure. Unbearable woman

Agreed that they need to just focus on Rob and Josh chatting, I’m always gutted when their episodes end. If they can’t find a decent guest they don’t need to force it

Reactions: 4
Maybe I need to relisten to that bit - all I heard was her saying that people were telling her to breastfeed but she said no, it made her absolutely miserable. And as someone who also didn’t feel any kind of connection at all to their children until they stopped breastfeeding, it was quite nice to hear that from someone else.
She did also say that when she was telling her friend to stop as it wouldn’t work for her that it actually did work for her, so she admitted her way isn’t the right way.

Maybe I need to relisten to that bit - all I heard was her saying that people were telling her to breastfeed but she said no, it made her absolutely miserable. And as someone who also didn’t feel any kind of connection at all to their children until they stopped breastfeeding, it was quite nice to hear that from someone else.
She did also say that when she was telling her friend to stop as it wouldn’t work for her that it actually did work for her, so she admitted her way isn’t the right way.

Interesting, I absolutely support the message of a fed child is best and that breastfeeding isn’t the right thing for every mother/child combo. However, I found her main issue to be that it’s somehow disgusting and that she was shaming her friend for what breastfeeding had done to her boobs. I think that narrative and a fear of what it could do to their body is likely to put women off who otherwise would want to try and see if it’s the right choice for them and their family.

I get that her schtick is being outspoken and controversial, I’m just surprised Rob and Josh let it go pretty much unchallenged.

Reactions: 5
Interesting, I absolutely support the message of a fed child is best and that breastfeeding isn’t the right thing for every mother/child combo. However, I found her main issue to be that it’s somehow disgusting and that she was shaming her friend for what breastfeeding had done to her boobs. I think that narrative and a fear of what it could do to their body is likely to put women off who otherwise would want to try and see if it’s the right choice for them and their family.

I get that her schtick is being outspoken and controversial, I’m just surprised Rob and Josh let it go pretty much unchallenged.
I've just read the transcript and again, I don’t think she said anything too outlandish.
I don’t really see how Rob or Josh could challenge it, what could they possibly say? They have no experience of their own to share, don’t think Josh has ever mentioned their feeding preferences, and I think Rob has said before that Lou’s experience with breastfeeding wasn’t positive.

I find Luisa absolutely insufferable, always have done since she first appeared on the Apprentice. No different on their podcast this week although I still listened to the whole thing as I find it interesting to hear from all the different guests. I felt like the boys were biting their tongues at times.

I just listened before bed. I actually think they would have been better having them both individually. Luisa is obviously bonkers. I could have done with hearing less about the house and more about the discussion about her parenting. And have Rob and Josh have the chance to actually discuss it with her. Anna I think also would have been interesting on her own without Luisa talking over her!

I just listened before bed. I actually think they would have been better having them both individually. Luisa is obviously bonkers. I could have done with hearing less about the house and more about the discussion about her parenting. And have Rob and Josh have the chance to actually discuss it with her. Anna I think also would have been interesting on her own without Luisa talking over her!
I suppose she doesn't actually do any parenting to talk about 😂 I've been enjoying the massively polarizing Instagram comments, Luisa and Anna have both commented.

I would have liked to hear more about the boarding school! I also loved the idea of boarding school when I was young as I loved the Mallory towers books. I bet reality is way different! Wonder how it’s affected her relationship with her daughter.