Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Blue pumpkin

VIP Member
Don't understand the ' musical genius' status with these
Eric Clapton
Jay Z
Bob Dylan
Beyonce
Lady Gaga
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
The Ramones

At best, wedding singers, at worse, pub karaoke
Dua Lipa
Sam Smith
Ed Sheeran
Harry Styles
Rita Ora
Shakira
Selena Gomez
Lewis Capaldi
Ellie Goulding
Jennifer Lopez

Reactions: 8

Rosie glow

VIP Member
Just cant see the appeal of robbie William's cant stand him also hate ed Sheeran and olly murs

Reactions: 8

rlouisep9

VIP Member
Coldplay,
People say they don't deserve the hate they get,I think they don't get enough hate,I find their music completely generic,bland and boring,also chris Martin comes across as bit of a tit,I have always been hoping that they would split up,but if they did chris Martin would just go solo and it would sound just the same as Coldplay.
I'm completely with you on this šŸ˜‚ I really don't think he can sing either. I can't sing, so I don't. He shouldn't.

All the music sounds the same, and when it all sounds like complete shit that's a pretty big problem. I genuinely don't know how people listen to them and enjoy it šŸ¤®

Reactions: 7

DownBelow21

VIP Member
Madonna for me - can't stand her

Also, Adele - she has an amazing voice but she only sings miserable songs... Plus I can't help but think this whole 'down to earth' thing is an act. :m

bubbadabut

VIP Member
I don't know if she counts as overrated but I don't know how Jess Glynne keeps getting booked. Her voice is so profoundly unpleasant to listen to.
Probably because her mum's in the record industry. I agree, she's painful to listen to and not a nice person by all accounts. She seems to have been reduced to performing gigs after the races now, along with Kaiser Chiefs, Olly Murs and Rag & Bone Man (what happened to him, he was the Emeli Sande of 2017?).

• Haha

Codiaeum

VIP Member
BeyconƩ: simply can't understand why people act like she's the second coming of Christ.

Lewis Capaldi: triggers my misophonia, I have to switch off immediately when he comes on on the radio.

Coldplay: second-hand embarrassment, every time. Same with Kasabian, the Verve, etc. might a German thing, I know several people who think they're sooo speshul for listening to British bands as German and they are so intellectual for it. No, you aren't. It's a song, they sing it. Get over yourself.

Drake: Who is this guy even? I don't think I ever heard actual music, just that apparently he's the most streamed artist.

Jason Derulo: Sandwich love.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Anybody that was on the X-factor or BGT, apart from Subo, sheā€™s a gem.

Ed Sheeran - fking ginger twat

Stormzy is 72 years old - canā€™t sing and can barely rap properly

I also used to wonder what the hype was around Beyonce & Jay-z until I went to the OTR2 concert a couple of years ago. Now I am a massive fan šŸ˜‚. They put on an incredible show

• Haha

bubbadabut

VIP Member
I forgot about The Beautiful South. I come from a Northern, working class area and its almost sacrilege to dislike them. I find them smug, twee, annoying and I cant stand any of the singers they've had over the years. I can't think of a single song of theirs I like - all equally annoying. They just make me want to cave my head in.

• Heart

Warpaint

VIP Member
I Really Fucking Hate Madness, And Whilst I'm At It, UB40 Are The Worst Band In The History Of Recorded Sound.

Bastards.

I Really Fucking Hate Madness, And Whilst I'm At It, UB40 Are The Worst Band In The History Of Recorded Sound.

Bastards.
Yeah definitely never got the love for UB40 - all sounds so whiny and bland. Also saw Madness as a bit of a comedy group.

sk8ergirl

VIP Member
Beyonce - WTF , why does everyone think she's a queen , I don't get it, never have, she is just one of those celebs that are pushed onto us and we are told how amazing she is, I don't think anyone comes to this opinion by themselves. None of her music is memorable at all

Ed Sheeran - Just don't like him, so whingey

Adele - same as Ed sheeran the whinging , Also more annoying since she lost weight and morphed into an instagram filter , the lip fillers and the constant licking of the lips :mad:
I am disgusted by the way people treated Harry Styles at and after the Grammys because he won and people felt she should have won instead of him

Iā€™m not even a Harry fan and felt disturbed by people blatantly being rude to him at the awards because he won.

Damocles

Chatty Member

Bastards.

Bastards.

Reactions: 5

Warpaint

VIP Member
Having spent quite a while being subjected to commercial radio stations in various waiting rooms this week, I just had to add Dido to this thread.

The safest, dullest, most middle-of-the-road music imaginable. The honking voice, the little vocal intonation she used to do at the end of a line, the way she sings "naaa-haaaa want to thank you", or "na won't go, na won't sleep, na can't breath, until you're resting here with me".

šŸ˜“šŸ˜“šŸ˜“
Got very very lucky with Eminem sampling her chorus.

honeypotdotty

I agree with almost all of your choices, so no need to repeat. To answer the RHCP question, in the states I know some pretty culty bass/guitar players who worship them lol.
Olivia Rodrigo is a bit industry plant-ish for me (my BFF loves her and keeps trying to share her music with me lol). I just canā€™t do it.
Katy perry
P!Nik is just cringe to me I know sheā€™s dope, but not her music.
selena Gomez-not talented at singing or songwriting
JB and his ā€œIā€™m a recovered bad boyā€ image rebrand
Shawn mendez
Any of the girl group people trying to make it solo (Camilla cabello) Iā€™ve seen her live before the Tswift concert and she was whatever. Charli xcx also preformed before hand and was meh. The stadium was not full yet so idk if they just donā€™t feel excited to preform. But, man low energy from them both.

I could write a book, so Iā€™ll stop there.