Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

sk8ergirl

VIP Member
Can't have a music forum without this one lol

Ed Sheeran - Sings tacky pub songs and bad Irish covers.

Adele - All her music sounds the same really. Likes to pull on the heart strings too much for mass appeal

Amy Winehouse - Yes she was good but she was throwing her career away anyway a before she died. Couldn't even finish a gig. I don't think she did enough to earn the 'greats' status

Queen - Have that annoying God-worship status - decent but not great.

Foo Fighters - Had a few good songs early on but now it's just bland festival friendly noise. Even Taylor Hawkins cringed when someone called him a 'rock legend'

Will no doubt think of more
Agree with all these besides Queen. 👏🏻👏🏻

Beyoncé too
I’ll add to this list

Reactions: 5

Warpaint

VIP Member
Don't understand the ' musical genius' status with these
Eric Clapton
Jay Z
Bob Dylan
Beyonce
Lady Gaga
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
The Ramones

At best, wedding singers, at worse, pub karaoke
Dua Lipa
Sam Smith
Ed Sheeran
Harry Styles
Rita Ora
Shakira
Selena Gomez
Lewis Capaldi
Ellie Goulding
Jennifer Lopez
I read somewhere that RHCP are considered a bit of a joke band in America but they managed to do well over here (particularly in the early 00's). Not sure how true that is though.

FakeSmile

VIP Member
The older Coldplay get the more they try and appeal to a younger audience. It’s so embarrassing.

hehehe

VIP Member
You don't have to like The Beatles, but they are the single most important band in the world. It's that simple.

Also, Eric Clapton has one good song; the album version of Layla.

That's it.
I don't see anyone disputing their importance in the pop culture but that doesn't change that a. they got lucky and b. they're still shit? Given their factual importance whilst being crap they fit nicely in a thread about being OVERrated.

Last edited:

Wynonna

Chatty Member
Jennifer Lopez - can't sing
Jess Glynne - I remember a former work colleague telling me she had been to a Jess Glynne concert, and without thinking I said "oh does she sound less goat-y in real life?" and she looked at me all confused...
Little Mix - meh songs and they all seem miserable, especially Jade and Leigh Anne
The Beach Boys - I dunno why but I find their songs a bit pretentious
The Beatles - I only like a couple of their songs but wouldn't go out my way to listen to them
The Rolling Stones - not a fan of any songs
Dua Lipa - she's just average. I also think she looks sweaty and smelly all the time
Adele - I don't like her voice or songs, she has an annoying personality

Any singer who over-affects their voice to sound the same as other singers... I can't think of any proper examples now, but currently the singer in the advert for the George Michael documentary on Channel 4. He seems to be copying others.

• Heart

Clairer86

VIP Member
Ed Sheeran and the way some people go on about him being the next Bob Dylan. hahaha yeah okay then. Even Dylan's 'worst' album is a million times better than the shite Sheeran has pumped out. But lets see if in 50 years time Sheeran will also receive the Nobel literature prize. lol

Reactions: 4

Damocles

Chatty Member
Adele
Ed Sheeran
Amy Winehouse

I cannot fathom what there is to enjoy about any of their output.

Reactions: 4

Clairer86

VIP Member
Sorry this is off topic and the opposite of this thread; but the most Underrated singer ever has to be the wonderful Joan Armatrading!! (Although imo Drop the pilot is her worst song). Down to Zero is an absolute gem of a song. :)

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Crumpet41

VIP Member
I find the Beatles really boring 😬🫣 I don't understand the importance of them when people say they're the best band in the world. More than happy to be enlightened but I can't see it myself 😅
came here to say that their latest single is utter dreary dross. They are a shit band.

Emperor

Chatty Member
Love a bit of Green Day! However this is not the unpopular opinion thread so....

David Bowie - just never got it
Prince - as above
Rolling Stones - not heard a huge amount but not impressed by what I have
Robbie Williams - some good songs but overrated in the sense that I think Gary Barlow is a way better singer and songwriter.

Sir Lancelot

VIP Member
You don't have to like The Beatles, but they are the single most important band in the world. It's that simple.

Also, Eric Clapton has one good song; the album version of Layla.

That's it.