Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Blowup80

VIP Member
Adele (nails down a blackboard)
Ed Sheeran
The Beatles
Kasabian
Artic Monkeys
Kaiser Chiefs

Reactions: 3

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Olivia Rodrigo annoys the life out of me. Her character in HSMTMTS annoyed me for no obvious reason. She just did.

And Driver's Licence is one of the few songs I will actually mute my car radio for if it comes on when I'm driving. It is a horrific, boring piece of shite music. I would rather listen to Ed Sheeran, and I don't like his music.

Olivia Rodrigo's music is so overrated and so naff it's unreal.

DownBelow21

VIP Member
YES! absolutely agree with you on Drake, don't see the fascination? I think it's the 'cool thing' to like Drake...

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Just been reminded of Texas. Such a bland, overachieving, middle of the road act. I'm sure they only got as big as they did because Chris Evans kept bigging them up. Maybe he was boffing Sharleen. That performance with Method Man at the Brits was so cringey. I only ever liked one of their songs - Halo.

Strange though that even the artists I wasn't keen on in the 90s give me that warm nostalgic buzz when I hear them now 🤗

Last edited:

JakeM

VIP Member
The Beatles
Little mix
Destiny’s Child
Queen
Beyonce
Adele
Ed Sheeran
Madonna
Prince

Lovegossip

For me

Most of the artists that have emerged in the last 2 decades are just awful with the occasional good one thrown in but that's just my style and taste imo

Definitely can't stand Ed Sheeran and Adele 👎👎👎👎👎

Catt

Agree with many of these! I would also like to add Drake to the list. He just sounds like he is moaning, not singing

I like Lewis Capaldi’s personality more than his music. He makes me laugh

Reactions: 2

lannx

Adele, Ed Sheeran, The 1975, Post Malone, Snow Patrol, Kings of Leon, Lana del Rey.

So many...

Last edited:

Codiaeum

VIP Member
came here to say that their latest single is utter dreary dross. They are a shit band.
Was never a fan of them, but I can see how they got big in their day. Wouldn't win a flowerpot these days and also shouldn't have released that single.

• Haha

bubbadabut

VIP Member
Having spent quite a while being subjected to commercial radio stations in various waiting rooms this week, I just had to add Dido to this thread.

The safest, dullest, most middle-of-the-road music imaginable. The honking voice, the little vocal intonation she used to do at the end of a line, the way she sings "naaa-haaaa want to thank you", or "na won't go, na won't sleep, na can't breath, until you're resting here with me".

😴😴😴

Last edited:
  • Heart

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
Blondie
Duran Duran
The Beatles
Madonna (some good songs but not that great a singer imo)
Spice Girls

• Heart
  • Wow

Merpedy

VIP Member
Stormzy is 72 years old is 72 years old is 72 years old - can’t sing and can barely rap properly
BOY. I watched the Reading performance and yeah... I can't say much for his rapping skills but asking the crowd to sing the singing parts and then joining in with some mumble stuff was so bad to watch

BTS is overrated these days

StatusWoe

VIP Member
^ Aw I love Nirvana!! They had such a unique sound imo.

I agree with the people saying Ed Sheeran. I find him bland and don't see why he's so popular. I remember liking Coldplay around the time they released Parachutes (apparently that's all the way back in 2000). Their music seems to get worse with every album though.

Possibly controversial choice - Paul McCartney. I'm talking about the solo stuff he's done since The Beatles. So boring.

People on the celeb gossip thread were discussing a band called Wet Leg. Maybe they're still too indie to be overrated, but I'll give them a mention anyway because I don't like their music and their band name is terrible. Wet Leg...yuck!

DownBelow21

VIP Member
Sorry this is off topic and the opposite of this thread; but the most Underrated singer ever has to be the wonderful Joan Armatrading!! (Although imo Drop the pilot is her worst song). Down to Zero is an absolute gem of a song. :)
Omg yes... I love love & affection

Maybe we should start a thread for underrated singers!

• Heart