Our1930sFixerUpper

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe the other lower values for the Estate agents were for a quick sale. If the lady that bought it was happy to pay that, id do the same as them. You sell on ebay for thr highest price. No need to brag about it though.

Funny how their new neighbour pointed out Ross does nothing after knowing him for a few hours 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
It would be the surveyor who provides the valuation figure that the lender would work on and you're right, it happens especially with new builds. I'm really surprised he/she didn't in this case given what appears to be the comparable evidence in the area.
Was it a cash buyer?

Reactions: 1
Was it a cash buyer?
Just double checked and yes, it was. I missed that. So, she clearly did no research and didn't have a survey done because I'm sure the surveyor would have 'down valued' it. They are allowed a certain amount of leeway (I can't remember the percentage - been out the game a while) but I think they would struggle to justify an uplift of £100,000/£110,000 on a three bed semi.

Surveyors can get sued for providing grossly excessive valuations. That was one of my jobs when I dealt with repossessions. I would instruct three estate agents to look at the property and, when they came back with their figures, I would have to review them against the original valuation to check for any large discrepancies. My boss then dealt with all the professional negligence claims - surveyors, solicitors, estate agents, bailiffs. He would sue anyone 😂 I really wanted to get involved in that side too but he liked to hog all the glory especially when he got a settlement 😂 But he would tell me all about the cases he was dealing with. It was so interesting and some of the duck ups/frauds were mind blowing.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I go off and on these two. I think they are very beggy, well one is 🙄 seem quite materialistic too. I dont know how he gets away with making his partner do all the work. I think this house will be one huge ad/aff fest.

Reactions: 5
I think for me they put a lot of effort into their content (hate that word). Great styling, amusing stories, nice looking blog so I can live with the ads. Only Ian and Ross know the extent of Ross's condition I guess. He also might earn a duck ton to balance it out 🤣

I think for me they put a lot of effort into their content (hate that word). Great styling, amusing stories, nice looking blog so I can live with the ads. Only Ian and Ross know the extent of Ross's condition I guess. He also might earn a duck ton to balance it out 🤣
What condition?
I think Ross puts on an act for the stories and fun of it all!
I think they’re a fun couple who have a laugh together, only have to watch their holiday highlights to see that!
Their taste was very insta and clean so be interesting to see how they style this older house!

Reactions: 3
What condition?
I think Ross puts on an act for the stories and fun of it all!
I think they’re a fun couple who have a laugh together, only have to watch their holiday highlights to see that!
Their taste was very insta and clean so be interesting to see how they style this older house!
He has CFS/Fibromyalgia

Reactions: 2
This ‘journey’ has been boring since it kicked off. It feels like Ross just teases tiny amounts of content and I lose any interest.

Reactions: 5
It’s not going to happen overnight. They’ve just moved in so I’m sure there’s lots to think about. Also planning application takes a long time to be approved.

Reactions: 1
I’m bored if their content already
That's the thing. I'm sure it's what they want and they follow their own tastes but its ad after ad and feels like it's all just done for Instagram. I know that's what their account is about but if feels forced and not genuine at times. I'd rather watch it in a real way but it's all so staged it's just bland. They have bought and sold with everything in place and all the ads ready to go. I dunno if it makes sense or not lol

It’s not going to happen overnight. They’ve just moved in so I’m sure there’s lots to think about. Also planning application takes a long time to be approved.

I unfollowed yesterday. I’ll check back when they start to show something done. Very boring 💤

Reactions: 2
Aren't they planning on changing it again at some point! If so, I really don't see the point of spending any time or energy on a "mini makeover" except for freebies, content and Ross whinging that he can't stand it the way it is - no proof of that but it's really not hard to imagine his shrill bitching about the state of the house every single day.

Ian seems nice and down to earth. Ross just strikes me as very materialistic and a desperate social climber. He's massively out of his depth though. The dinner party they attended with Will Greenwood proved that.

Reactions: 8
I think the mini living room makeover didn’t cost them anything as it seemed to be sponsored by Dulux. So I can see why they did it.

Seems a little bit of tension between them at the mo. Ian must get knackered. Does anyone know which branch of Neptune he works at?

• Sad
Reactions: 3