‘Organisation’ influencers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree 💯. Also I thought she was acting much older than her years. More like a grandma than a mum of two young girls.
Yeah I can’t put my finger on it but it seems like a very no-fun household. Like, her husband just sounds like a bit of a wet weekend - and she constantly goes on about ohhhh you know, wanted this £10 jumper from Tesco but I’ve waited and now it’s on sale so I bought it for £6 and I’ll keep it and wear it for the next 5 years....

I dunno. Life is way too short to be stressing out over a few pennies on a jumper or sitting in a cold house because you’re too bloody mean to put the heating on for an hour!

Reactions: 3
Yeah I can’t put my finger on it but it seems like a very no-fun household. Like, her husband just sounds like a bit of a wet weekend - and she constantly goes on about ohhhh you know, wanted this £10 jumper from Tesco but I’ve waited and now it’s on sale so I bought it for £6 and I’ll keep it and wear it for the next 5 years....

I dunno. Life is way too short to be stressing out over a few pennies on a jumper or sitting in a cold house because you’re too bloody mean to put the heating on for an hour!
Why have two children when you are literally going to be watching the pennies as much as that? I dunno, I just think the ‘insta-fame’ all went to her head a bit. At the end I used to just switch off with her voice droning on.

Whenever she mentions her husband he sounds like a bit of a weirdo/control freak...! There seems to be an undertone there, she definitely seems to be harbouring a bit of resentment towards him. Find her relationship with money a bit strange too - they strike me as people who are probably comfortablely off and have no real money worries but who won’t turn the heating on “because it costs money” or who spend hours on price comparison sites trying to save a few quid on a holiday or whatever.
Absolutely love Kelly, but also got the impression that her husband is very controlling - I mean, the garden even gets fenced off for poor Rosie when it's rainy. 😂

I'm very glad to hear that she's going to be focusing on her business venture - I really think she needs to have some money of her own that her husband has no say over.

Reactions: 6
We only get one side of it and she clearly resented the husband whilst she did all the homeschooling etc whilst he was upstairs working.

I think she’s clearly really bored by her current lifestyle, and is jealous of the husband working. Good on her for wanting to make changes.

Reactions: 12
Yeah, I agree about the husband from the impression that we get. Did anyone else see when she did a live I think some time last year and her husband came downstairs in the middle of it?

He said something like is she alright upstairs on her own? What's she doing? (Obviously about one of their daughters) and Kelly quickly put her hand in front of the camera said something about going to check on her and ran upstairs. She popped her head round her daughter's bedroom door, then she waited upstairs for him to go back to work...she was sort of laughing about it and whispering like ok we can go back down now, but it was weird, like she'd been 'caught' on her phone. She always said her husband didn't know about was blocked from watching her stories.

• Wow
I quite like Kelly but she is very high and mighty. She also goes on all the time about how busy she is which is annoying when she doesn't work 🤷🏻‍♀️. Although saying that I bet she earns a right chunk from her neals yard stuff.

I started to go off her a bit when she made up that “invoice” for her husband, detailing how much it would cost him if he was to pay her for being a stay at home mum/housewife - it just seemed really petty and was obviously some sort of argument they were having that spilled over onto her Instagram feed. I understood her point of view but I just thought it was a bit unnecessary to drag their argument over to her Instagram page! I just get the impression that her husband is very controlling and that she’s sort of walking on egg shells a bit. Even when she showed photos of their garage - it’s absolutely immaculate- hardly anything in it and every item has its exact place, it’s precise hook or drawer or place, it just seems like everything has to be just so or he throws a wobbler. Like, putting a divider up in the garden so the dog doesn’t go in certain areas..... come on man! Why even get a dog, a family pet, to just stress out about it peeing on a bit of lawn?!!!!
I just couldn’t live like that.

Reactions: 5
I started to go off her a bit when she made up that “invoice” for her husband, detailing how much it would cost him if he was to pay her for being a stay at home mum/housewife - it just seemed really petty and was obviously some sort of argument they were having that spilled over onto her Instagram feed. I understood her point of view but I just thought it was a bit unnecessary to drag their argument over to her Instagram page! I just get the impression that her husband is very controlling and that she’s sort of walking on egg shells a bit. Even when she showed photos of their garage - it’s absolutely immaculate- hardly anything in it and every item has its exact place, it’s precise hook or drawer or place, it just seems like everything has to be just so or he throws a wobbler. Like, putting a divider up in the garden so the dog doesn’t go in certain areas..... come on man! Why even get a dog, a family pet, to just stress out about it peeing on a bit of lawn?!!!!
I just couldn’t live like that.
I thought that it was bullshit that they've had to walk on eggshells around him while he's been working from home the past year. I know it's not ideal to have kids screaming their heads off while you're on a conference call, but it's just unnecessary to have the whole family tip toe around you - it's their house too!

I have at least 2 video calls a day with clients and our exec team - my dog barks any time the postman comes past or my neighbours get into their car. I've seen colleagues' partners and kids in the background during their calls. So many of us are in the same boat having to work from home and everyone I know is sympathetic to the odd noise or gatecrashing toddler.

Reactions: 4
I thought that it was bullshit that they've had to walk on eggshells around him while he's been working from home the past year. I know it's not ideal to have kids screaming their heads off while you're on a conference call, but it's just unnecessary to have the whole family tip toe around you - it's their house too!

I have at least 2 video calls a day with clients and our exec team - my dog barks any time the postman comes past or my neighbours get into their car. I've seen colleagues' partners and kids in the background during their calls. So many of us are in the same boat having to work from home and everyone I know is sympathetic to the odd noise or gatecrashing toddler.
Would be interesting to know what line of work he is in

Reactions: 2
I remember she threw a party once and all the guests had to awkwardly stand around the kitchen table with their drinks and nibbles and shoes off. 🙈 It was obvious that they didn't want visitors on their carpet in the living room. I put it down to Kelly being a bit uptight but now I realise it must be been her husband.

• Haha

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head here; sometimes there was a bit of martyrdom and I found it a bit miserable to listen to sometimes. The only thing is I feel like it’s her actual personality and that she’s at least being her true self online which can’t be said for a lot of others. Obviously some influencers go overboard with consumerism, Kelly is nearly too far the other way for me. I found her a bit petulant sometimes as well - like she clearly resented not having a job but was very stubborn about not developing her page and making money off it, high and mighty as others have said. The decision to quit while she was doing her no-spend March (complete with template which she had encouraged others to do too) seems a bit odd. I know she explained her reasons but still seemed very sudden. Husband does come across a bit odd I agree, especially how she said he’s banned from viewing her stories.
Overall I did follow her and like her, I just found she grated on me from time to time but I do respect she’s done the best thing for her so good luck to her.

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head here; sometimes there was a bit of martyrdom and I found it a bit miserable to listen to sometimes. The only thing is I feel like it’s her actual personality and that she’s at least being her true self online which can’t be said for a lot of others. Obviously some influencers go overboard with consumerism, Kelly is nearly too far the other way for me. I found her a bit petulant sometimes as well - like she clearly resented not having a job but was very stubborn about not developing her page and making money off it, high and mighty as others have said. The decision to quit while she was doing her no-spend March (complete with template which she had encouraged others to do too) seems a bit odd. I know she explained her reasons but still seemed very sudden. Husband does come across a bit odd I agree, especially how she said he’s banned from viewing her stories.
Overall I did follow her and like her, I just found she grated on me from time to time but I do respect she’s done the best thing for her so good luck to her.
I liked her and found her a breath of fresh air initially. Then I saw a different side to her; the constant clout chasing by talking repeatedly about other influencers and acting like she was holier that thou because she didn’t show her kids on Instagram when she was most definitely keen to be seen as an “influencer” herself. The constant jumping on her soap box acting like she was the world authority on certain subjects just because she had read a book on it - and then going all out to review the book/quote sections of it.... it’s like, we can all read Kelly, doesn’t make any of us experts mate! Talking about how little she spends/how she can make £10 last a month - which is wonderful but she clearly is comfortably off financially and has a husband who works full time in a well paid job, they aren’t exactly struggling are they?

Reactions: 6
I liked her and found her a breath of fresh air initially. Then I saw a different side to her; the constant clout chasing by talking repeatedly about other influencers and acting like she was holier that thou because she didn’t show her kids on Instagram when she was most definitely keen to be seen as an “influencer” herself. The constant jumping on her soap box acting like she was the world authority on certain subjects just because she had read a book on it - and then going all out to review the book/quote sections of it.... it’s like, we can all read Kelly, doesn’t make any of us experts mate! Talking about how little she spends/how she can make £10 last a month - which is wonderful but she clearly is comfortably off financially and has a husband who works full time in a well paid job, they aren’t exactly struggling are they?
Yeah you’ve actually verbalised this way better than me.

What I'm confused about is that she has ended Organised Motherhood but is carrying on her other "private" page, that is no longer private really as she is accepting friend requests. There doesn't appear to be a difference with her content either, screenshot from today attached. Anyone else bewildered by this ... I'm leaving the gram, actually no I'm not, just leaving the masses.

Attachments

Reactions: 1
What I'm confused about is that she has ended Organised Motherhood but is carrying on her other "private" page, that is no longer private really as she is accepting friend requests. There doesn't appear to be a difference with her content either, screenshot from today attached. Anyone else bewildered by this ... I'm leaving the gram, actually no I'm not, just leaving the masses.
I don't get it either.

I really liked Kelly and was surprised she was leaving. Her page was quite varied and not dominated by organising. She said she'll still share any good organising tips on her new page (guessing for the amazon aff link). Not much difference from what I've seen so far minus the followers 🤷‍♀️

I think with the money thing she’s trying to advocate the spending less in the short term to save money for nice holidays. She often says they like a lot of hols in the year but obviously this year they haven’t been able to get anywhere so I suppose it seems like they’re a bit tight when it looks like all they’re doing is saving.

I think with the money thing she’s trying to advocate the spending less in the short term to save money for nice holidays. She often says they like a lot of hols in the year but obviously this year they haven’t been able to get anywhere so I suppose it seems like they’re a bit tight when it looks like all they’re doing is saving.
I thought the spending less was more aimed towards clutter than saving for holidays. I found the no spend month odd as she isn't someone doing hauls

I thought the spending less was more aimed towards clutter than saving for holidays. I found the no spend month was odd as she isn't someone doing hauls
I understand people wanting to live more simply , with less clutter and not buying just for the sake of it. I just think along the way Kelli got too fixated on it. She acted as someone much older, not a young woman with two young children. She also did come across as pretentious and very full of herself. I think she now wants to focus on the Neals Yard selling so hence the new account. Good luck to her but I wish she would act in her 30s rather than in her 50s, she’s taking herself too seriously. This is all just my opinion of course, other people will have theirs.

No she quite often says she makes a conscious effort not to buy loads of stuff because they like their holidays and would rather spend the money on those.

Also, think we’ve all turned a bit into old women during lockdown that’s what spending too much time in the house and not enough time in the pub does for you 😂