‘Organisation’ influencers

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My youngest child is 9 and I feel like I’m just getting out of the ‘firefighting’ stage of motherhood (!) and looking to do a bit more organising around the house. I can’t seem to find any decent ‘organisation’ accounts to follow- any recommendations? I’m not really into it in regard to the likes of Stacey Solomon, who hangs individual crisp packets up on hooks (wtf?), but you get the idea- storage solutions, quick and easy household hacks.

I know it sounds really sad, but a friend told me recently about ‘rolling’ towels in the airing cupboard, not folding them. For years I used to get cross when I fold them all, and then one of the kids takes out the specific colour of towel they want from the bottom or middle of the pile (bleeping kids....just pick the towel on top you bellend) and they get all messed up. I have never really applied my common sense to it before and of course now that I roll them up and place them on their sides, it’s so much easier for everyone to just pick out the towel they want!

Jeez....can’t believe I’m even discussing this 🤣 Thank god this site is anonymous!!

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I tried the rolling but found unless the cupboard was full they started unrolling, especially when kids were just pulling random towels out of the pile.

All the organisation accounts I find I have a look but then don't bother following as they annoyed me. So easy to make a beautifully organised spotless pantry or wardrobe when they had the space equal to my entire house footprint🤬

Hopefully somebody suggests some that are more true to real size homes

Reactions: 7
Duvet covers....this is a gem. Fold your duvet cover up and put it in the matching pillow case to store. Genius.

Reactions: 9
Duvet covers....this is a gem. Fold your duvet cover up and put it in the matching pillow case to store. Genius.
Yep I do this.

My youngest child is 9 and I feel like I’m just getting out of the ‘firefighting’ stage of motherhood (!) and looking to do a bit more organising around the house. I can’t seem to find any decent ‘organisation’ accounts to follow- any recommendations? I’m not really into it in regard to the likes of Stacey Solomon, who hangs individual crisp packets up on hooks (wtf?), but you get the idea- storage solutions, quick and easy household hacks.

I know it sounds really sad, but a friend told me recently about ‘rolling’ towels in the airing cupboard, not folding them. For years I used to get cross when I fold them all, and then one of the kids takes out the specific colour of towel they want from the bottom or middle of the pile (bleeping kids....just pick the towel on top you bellend) and they get all messed up. I have never really applied my common sense to it before and of course now that I roll them up and place them on their sides, it’s so much easier for everyone to just pick out the towel they want!

Jeez....can’t believe I’m even discussing this 🤣 Thank god this site is anonymous!!
Solve the problem by buying all the towels in one colour. :giggle:

• Haha
Organised_motherhood and organisingmum are my faves. Kelly and Rhiannon are great, lots of practical storage solutions, and tips for having a declutter.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I love organised_motherhood_
She’s the only organising account I’ve actually stuck with for about 3 years. Everyone else I end up unfollowing within a few days.

Try the.simple.housewife - She is australia but I find her account easy watching with some really handy tips!

Reactions: 1
I love organised_motherhood_
She’s the only organising account I’ve actually stuck with for about 3 years. Everyone else I end up unfollowing within a few days.
I like the snippets of intelligent conversation as well. And the fact that she is genuine and mature enough to respect that people have different opinions and that's ok (unlike a lot of "influencers" these days)!

Reactions: 2
Organised_motherhood_ is my fave! She is a lovely, down to earth person who responded to messages that I sent her. There used to be her rave thread here but seems like it's deleted now?

Reactions: 4
I recently started following Horderly. Their feed isn’t the most exciting, but they show the real before and after of people’s cupboards etc, so it helps you see what changes you can make with similar space.