Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

caitlinbullen

VIP Member
My youngest child is 9 and I feel like I’m just getting out of the ‘firefighting’ stage of motherhood (!) and looking to do a bit more organising around the house. I can’t seem to find any decent ‘organisation’ accounts to follow- any recommendations? I’m not really into it in regard to the likes of Stacey Solomon, who hangs individual crisp packets up on hooks (wtf?), but you get the idea- storage solutions, quick and easy household hacks.

I know it sounds really sad, but a friend told me recently about ‘rolling’ towels in the airing cupboard, not folding them. For years I used to get cross when I fold them all, and then one of the kids takes out the specific colour of towel they want from the bottom or middle of the pile (fucking kids....just pick the towel on top you bellend) and they get all messed up. I have never really applied my common sense to it before and of course now that I roll them up and place them on their sides, it’s so much easier for everyone to just pick out the towel they want!

Jeez....can’t believe I’m even discussing this 🤣 Thank god this site is anonymous!!

• Haha
Reactions: 28

Tublet83

VIP Member
We only get one side of it and she clearly resented the husband whilst she did all the homeschooling etc whilst he was upstairs working.

I think she’s clearly really bored by her current lifestyle, and is jealous of the husband working. Good on her for wanting to make changes.

Reactions: 12

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
Duvet covers....this is a gem. Fold your duvet cover up and put it in the matching pillow case to store. Genius.

Reactions: 9

coconochanel

VIP Member
Duvet covers....this is a gem. Fold your duvet cover up and put it in the matching pillow case to store. Genius.
Yep I do this.

My youngest child is 9 and I feel like I’m just getting out of the ‘firefighting’ stage of motherhood (!) and looking to do a bit more organising around the house. I can’t seem to find any decent ‘organisation’ accounts to follow- any recommendations? I’m not really into it in regard to the likes of Stacey Solomon, who hangs individual crisp packets up on hooks (wtf?), but you get the idea- storage solutions, quick and easy household hacks.

I know it sounds really sad, but a friend told me recently about ‘rolling’ towels in the airing cupboard, not folding them. For years I used to get cross when I fold them all, and then one of the kids takes out the specific colour of towel they want from the bottom or middle of the pile (fucking kids....just pick the towel on top you bellend) and they get all messed up. I have never really applied my common sense to it before and of course now that I roll them up and place them on their sides, it’s so much easier for everyone to just pick out the towel they want!

Jeez....can’t believe I’m even discussing this 🤣 Thank god this site is anonymous!!
Solve the problem by buying all the towels in one colour. :giggle:

• Haha
Reactions: 7

Nellyboy

I used to like Kelly but since her account got bigger I think she’s changed. Got a bit precious and often came across as smug and full of herself. I watched her YouTube explanation for why she is not going to be using her account anymore and my God talk about drag it out. Leave while the audience are still clapping love 🙄🙄. Off you fucking pop dear 😀😀

Magee

VIP Member
I started to follow organised motherhood yesterday after seeing her on this thread AND SHE QUITS INSTA THE DAY AFTER!

Was it something I did 🥺

• Haha

Keiffers pipe

I tried the rolling but found unless the cupboard was full they started unrolling, especially when kids were just pulling random towels out of the pile.

All the organisation accounts I find I have a look but then don't bother following as they annoyed me. So easy to make a beautifully organised spotless pantry or wardrobe when they had the space equal to my entire house footprint🤬

Hopefully somebody suggests some that are more true to real size homes

Mum2girls

I love organised_motherhood_
She’s the only organising account I’ve actually stuck with for about 3 years. Everyone else I end up unfollowing within a few days.

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
I think you’ve hit the nail on the head here; sometimes there was a bit of martyrdom and I found it a bit miserable to listen to sometimes. The only thing is I feel like it’s her actual personality and that she’s at least being her true self online which can’t be said for a lot of others. Obviously some influencers go overboard with consumerism, Kelly is nearly too far the other way for me. I found her a bit petulant sometimes as well - like she clearly resented not having a job but was very stubborn about not developing her page and making money off it, high and mighty as others have said. The decision to quit while she was doing her no-spend March (complete with template which she had encouraged others to do too) seems a bit odd. I know she explained her reasons but still seemed very sudden. Husband does come across a bit odd I agree, especially how she said he’s banned from viewing her stories.
Overall I did follow her and like her, I just found she grated on me from time to time but I do respect she’s done the best thing for her so good luck to her.
I liked her and found her a breath of fresh air initially. Then I saw a different side to her; the constant clout chasing by talking repeatedly about other influencers and acting like she was holier that thou because she didn’t show her kids on Instagram when she was most definitely keen to be seen as an “influencer” herself. The constant jumping on her soap box acting like she was the world authority on certain subjects just because she had read a book on it - and then going all out to review the book/quote sections of it.... it’s like, we can all read Kelly, doesn’t make any of us experts mate! Talking about how little she spends/how she can make £10 last a month - which is wonderful but she clearly is comfortably off financially and has a husband who works full time in a well paid job, they aren’t exactly struggling are they?

Reactions: 6
Whenever she mentions her husband he sounds like a bit of a weirdo/control freak...! There seems to be an undertone there, she definitely seems to be harbouring a bit of resentment towards him. Find her relationship with money a bit strange too - they strike me as people who are probably comfortablely off and have no real money worries but who won’t turn the heating on “because it costs money” or who spend hours on price comparison sites trying to save a few quid on a holiday or whatever.
Absolutely love Kelly, but also got the impression that her husband is very controlling - I mean, the garden even gets fenced off for poor Rosie when it's rainy. 😂

I'm very glad to hear that she's going to be focusing on her business venture - I really think she needs to have some money of her own that her husband has no say over.

Pooface

Organised_motherhood and organisingmum are my faves. Kelly and Rhiannon are great, lots of practical storage solutions, and tips for having a declutter.

• Heart

justnosy

I've followed Organised Motherhood for a while - really liked her account and the variety of things she discussed, so am also a bit gutted she's not going to be using her main account anymore.

On the stories on her smaller/private Insta today she was saying she's keeping her smaller account as she prefers a small, friendly community feel and she's going to focus on NY/aromatherapy, being outdoors and nature and gardening etc and things that she wants to learn about and focus on, rather than the organising side of things, as that's her strength and she doesn't feel like she's going anywhere with/getting much from that, and that book reviews and topical chats will move to her YouTube videos.

Reactions: 5

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
Sorry what the fuck? People are PAYING these idiots to tell them to throw stuff away or put things to a charity shop?!

it’s true what they say about fools and their money….

Ruby’s mum

VIP Member
Really sad she is going, she is lovely. Answers every message, honest, likeable, intelligent, a real breath of fresh air

yellowmellow

VIP Member
I was confused with what she was saying though.

shes not going to be posting anymore on the OM Instagram page but she’s leaving it online.

she’s going to still have her you tube channel

she’s got a “private” Instagram account but she kept saying “oh I might see you over there if you want to see what I’m up to next” - so is she accepting follow requests from anyone who asks? Is she opening that up as a public account?

it sounded more like she just wants to
Drop the whole “organisational” aspect of her social media identity rather than go completely off line?
I thought her private account was more for her Neal's Yard stuff? I asked to follow that after the announcement and that comment last night but not been accepted yet. Kelly seems a lovely person. I'm glad she didn't get swept up in the influencer bubble like everyone else seems to.

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
I started to go off her a bit when she made up that “invoice” for her husband, detailing how much it would cost him if he was to pay her for being a stay at home mum/housewife - it just seemed really petty and was obviously some sort of argument they were having that spilled over onto her Instagram feed. I understood her point of view but I just thought it was a bit unnecessary to drag their argument over to her Instagram page! I just get the impression that her husband is very controlling and that she’s sort of walking on egg shells a bit. Even when she showed photos of their garage - it’s absolutely immaculate- hardly anything in it and every item has its exact place, it’s precise hook or drawer or place, it just seems like everything has to be just so or he throws a wobbler. Like, putting a divider up in the garden so the dog doesn’t go in certain areas..... come on man! Why even get a dog, a family pet, to just stress out about it peeing on a bit of lawn?!!!!
I just couldn’t live like that.