Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
I think since 2020 her husband has worked from home and it encroaches on her space and time. Her comments always seem fairly normal in a normal marriage but maybe not normal comments on social media accounts but that’s what makes her good - she doesn’t gloss anything she chooses to talk about.
I love her page and the mix of content.
Hmmmmm
I disagree. Her comments arent normal. They never have been. He sounds like a total control freak.

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
But as long as the narrative remains that this is a problem for working mums things won't change. I think it's really important to frame this in terms of working parents. What has her husband done to make it work? As long as women see this as their sole issue to work around they continue to talk themselves out of it. When have you ever heard a man referred to as a working dad?
In my view both parents need to work together to enable both of them to work and progress their careers. How about her husband drops down to 4 days a week and she also asks whether the role can be done 4 days a week. That way they could cover off the two afternoons quite easily.
In an ideal world that might work. But her husband currently works a full time job earning what would appear to be a very reasonable salary given the lifestyle they seem to have. Im not saying its not a wider issue or that its fair - but im just commenting on kelly and her situation as is right now. im sure there’s plenty of places to debate the ins and outs of the subject more generally but thats not what this thread is for.

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
Who is her husband? She’s recently made her Instagram public again after ‘ditching’ the ‘popular’ page, I think she must have been missing the influencer life!! She does seem unhappy and it’s such a trapped life she seems to live in when her husband won’t even let her get a part time job 😭
Her husband has always sounded like a total dick.

blueblue

Chatty Member
No but I really love her, and I hope she's OK. She talks quite often, both directly and indirectly, about feeling "trapped". I loved when her dad dropped off the sun lamp and I hope she has good people around her.

She mentions her wee girl because there's a much, much bigger medical negligence issue where she lives so I think lots of families are trying to support each other through it so maybe it helps her followers.

Anotherdayanotherwalk

I'm pleased to have found this. I too get the impression that she's bored at home playing house whilst tip toeing round her husband as he WFH in their bedroom. I don't really get what his new / her old Instagram account is meant to be about despite looking a couple of times. If she's going to start trying to shill random crap all the time I think she might find a rapid drop in her followers given that hasn't really been her modus operandi to date.

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
Yeah I thought the photo of her 'lounging' uncomfortably on a wall next to the pool particularly was quite 'insta'.

I always thought it was good that she never used to show her kids and was critical of others that did. Towards the end of Organised Motherhood she said something about how she realised that showing the girls' bedrooms and private spaces to thousands of people on Instagram didn't seem right anymore now that they were getting older but over on her new account she still seems to share quite a lot about their lives.

They appear to go on a lot of holidays. Just back from Greece I think and only just been to Disneyland Paris.

I kinda get the impression that her husband likes her being home to do all of the domestic stuff but there sometimes seems to be some resentment there from Kelly's side about it.
Her husband seems like a controlling bastard with views firmly stuck back in the 1950s…..!