Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

asunder

Is followitfindit basically just an Amazon advertising account now? I find it so jarring that she is always going on about the environment etc, but they’re going out of their way to promote stuff from a company with the biggest carbon footprint of them all!

I feel like a proper Karen saying that haha it only bother me, because I really like Kelly and her other account, but this doesn’t sit well.

Reactions: 7

justnosy

She's clearly been reading here - her recent stories are defensive.

No one is saying you aren't allowed to ever moan because you don't have a 9-5, Kelly, but the majority of parents who live in the real world have to deal with everything going on in their personal life just the same, it's just much, much harder and more exhausting when you're fitting it all around working and don't have anywhere to pack your kids off to for full weekends at a time or the funds for relaxing adult-only 'treat weekends' and 'retail therapy' 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 7

asunder

She’s turned into one of those annoying people who never has their kids at a weekend.

Reactions: 5

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
Did she actually say she got the job? I thought her stories just said she had a 2nd interview with the boss, but thought it was basically in the bag. Feel like i have missed something.
Have to say i do think going from not working at all to working full time, with two young children, would be a HUGE adjustment. I work 3.5 days/week and i think going full time would really upset the balance we have. I don't think she ever had any intention of going full time.
No you havent missed anything. She is assuming shes got the job and that the “informal second interview/coffee with the “big boss” is just a formality…….. slightly presumptuous I think - i mean you might think it but saying it like that is a bit….. boastful, particularly when shes like “ive got it, its pretty much just a rubber stamp exercise now, and i AM over qualified“ - she is full of herself!!!!!

I actually think she applied for it just as a bit of fun, and now shes had an interview she actually does fancy it. I don’t think the childcare issue even really occurred to her.

Reactions: 5

Annie_Mummy

Maybe some of the family are teachers which would mean she could ask them during hols? Or holiday clubs tend to be a bit more flexible than ASC? Honestly think the childminder aversion is just a type of snobbery to be honest. On the whole she’s just been very naive in giving up work for so long with little understanding of how much “organisation” is takes to be working parents. Hope they realisation is starting to dawn a bit now…

Reactions: 4
She has definitely changed. I used to love her organisation tips and ideas, I was hoping she would go back to it. She now seems lost tbh.

Annie_Mummy

Feel a bit bad posting on this thread as I used to really like Kelly and even messaged her once or twice but she’s totally changed. She used to be quite relatable with book reviews and chats on current affairs but that’s mostly gone and it’s quite mundane. I also think she’s bored and as a result she’s edging into conspiracy bullshit and believing her own self importance. She’s also got no concept of how people might be struggling financially with her holiday posts and “spendy Kelly” What happened to being a conscious spender?

Moaning about the strikes after she’d had an adult only weekend nearly sent me over the edge! Imagine how frustrating it was for working parents! We were very fortunate that my parents could help but a lot aren’t in that situation!

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
That follow it find page is truly bizarre. It has the most random context-less post from last night which has gotten a grand total of 3 likes, one of which is from the account itself. I don’t find her home aspirational at all. It’s nice and new and all but a bit soulless and so are all of those weird gadgets.
That instagram account is nothing more than her (weirdo) husband trying to make money. Link to weird gadgets, they get a commission off it.

her house isn’t aspirational in any way. Its a dull,cold looking, boring, soulles, generic looking ”new build” - they just come across as the most stingy, penny pinching miserable skinflints going. I particularly hate those cheap looking pink plastic chairs at the dinner table and the white gloss kitchen - it just all looks so basic and tacky.

• Haha

chocolatestirrer

She never seems to spend too much time with her husband , especially in the evenings- always seems to be watching some sort of crappy reality tv on her own these days

Anotherdayanotherwalk

But as long as the narrative remains that this is a problem for working mums things won't change. I think it's really important to frame this in terms of working parents. What has her husband done to make it work? As long as women see this as their sole issue to work around they continue to talk themselves out of it. When have you ever heard a man referred to as a working dad?
In my view both parents need to work together to enable both of them to work and progress their careers. How about her husband drops down to 4 days a week and she also asks whether the role can be done 4 days a week. That way they could cover off the two afternoons quite easily.

• Heart

memberofthepublic

Chatty Member
What's going on with this woman?
Had big following on organised motherhood. Then went private with the essential oils then, but opened up to the public again so she could sell to the plebs?
Has she had a personality transplant in the last 6 months? Seems very bitchy, complaining etc very suddenly. Saying insta is boring, but isn't it thar crowd that buys her herbal stuff? Gotten into talking about her looks, clothes etc in a way she didn't before. Is this a new kelly? Or a pre-kids kelly re-emerfing from hibernation. Edinburgh isn't that big, surely someone must know her?

Effeffess

Chatty Member
Screenshot_20240514-131242~2.png

This made me laugh, "productive". I like her content and she seems nice but I'd be surprised if she lasts 6 months in her job, I reckon she's too used to a slow pace of life and her husband will be too used to not having to do housework/childcare.

• Haha

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
I have had to unfollow her she really grinds my gears. It drove me mad how she never marked her NYRO products as an ad when she’s clearly marketing. She would be the first to pull another influencer up about it. She’s quite old before her time and lives in a bubble.
Oh she has completely done a 180 in terms of how she behaves on social media. Where as she used to be very private, wouldnt show her kids in any capacity, wouldn’t really talk about them
or her husband, was always very tight with her money, never used to buy anything, Never into make etc etc etc used to mock all the instahuns and take them all to take regarding their kids privacy/ads etc

she has turned into everything she used to mock, shes exactly like all the other “content creator” insta huns.

Annie_Mummy

I hope her husband is supporting her if she does want to get back to work and isn’t being the stereotypical alpha male and demanding that she doesn’t change his life in any way, shape or form…

Reactions: 3