Online dating horror stories!

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A guy messaged me once asking if I'd like him to be my fart slave!

I had no clue what this was, and when I reluctantly googled it, the description was simply, "A person who enjoys being dominated by farts."

It was just so ludicrous that I jokingly replied back by thanking him but saying I already had a fart slave who came around every Thursday.

He seemed to take this totally seriously and got very excited that I was, in fact, some kind of farting dominatrix. He said he could actually come around twice a week for total fart submission.

I thanked him again but said that I just didn't fart enough to require two fart slaves.

He thanked me for my time and wished me well.

😂😂😂
This actually made me cry laughing! Thank you 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I realised that I haven’t really shared about myself on here.

When I was 18, I started talking to a guy on OK Cupid, which now feels very retro to say. 😂 He was a couple of years older and lived more towards London than me. We had a lot in common and fancied each other, so we decided to meet up. We went out for a while and it was going really well, when I noticed that he was getting comfortable with me. The “mask was slipping”, as it usually does, around the three month mark. Where he had previously been really kind, he was now becoming critical and possessive. He would call me as many times as it took me to answer him, sometimes 20 times in a row, and was not at all understanding that I was at work. When we weren’t together, he would want phone sex and nudes every day - at his beck and call. If I didn’t want to, he would sulk and ignore me for the rest of the day. When we were together, he would try and tell me what to wear and how to behave. It was really quite irritating and hurt my feelings a lot of the time. It is obvious to me looking back, that he was a very insecure person. He would buy himself a lot of designer clothes and sunglasses to try and make himself feel better, I think.

Eventually, I got fed up of this and dumped him, by text. He drove to my work, which was a 45 minute drive from where he was working from home. I was walking down the street to where my car was parked and was driving really slowly next to me, shouting abuse. Things like how I should have been grateful that he even looked at me and the like.

We had no contact after that for a month or so and I started seeing someone new, who I had met IRL through my school friend. OK Cupid guy sees on social media and starts asking me all sorts of questions, seeming really bothered that he had been replaced. I blocked him on everything but he would still periodically email me to attempt to make contact. I ended up being with my then boyfriend for almost three years and towards the end of my relationship, he emailed me this song, with the following message: “this song makes me think of you, let me know your thoughts”. Curiosity got the best of me and I listened to it, it’s very bold and there is strong language!

Anyway, my then boyfriend cheated on me multiple times with the same woman and our relationship ended. He dumped me and left me for her once I found out. I was spiralling and incredibly vulnerable at that time, so I made a stupid judgement error and allowed OK Cupid guy to come back into my life. He asked me to go out for drinks with him so I (stupidly) agreed. We went to a bar in London. We had two drinks together. Over which, I was a reminded of why I had ended things before. He mentioned how he had bought an ex some Louboutin heels and that when they had an argument, he had taken them and scuffed them. He suggested after the drinks that we go for a walk. We walked around for 10 minutes and then he to me and said, “my friends from work are drinking in another bar, you’re not invited, so I’m going to go and spend time with them”. He then kissed me on the cheek and walked away, just leaving me standing there. I think he only asked me on the date so that he could “even the score” in his own mind about how things ended. He didn’t speak to me after that. He actually blocked me on everything. 😂

He was a classic, textbook narcissist. Even to this day, 5 years on from that meeting, he still sometimes looks at my Instagram stories. I wonder what goes on in his head, but am glad I am away from him!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
A guy messaged me once asking if I'd like him to be my fart slave!

I had no clue what this was, and when I reluctantly googled it, the description was simply, "A person who enjoys being dominated by farts."

It was just so ludicrous that I jokingly replied back by thanking him but saying I already had a fart slave who came around every Thursday.

He seemed to take this totally seriously and got very excited that I was, in fact, some kind of farting dominatrix. He said he could actually come around twice a week for total fart submission.

I thanked him again but said that I just didn't fart enough to require two fart slaves.

He thanked me for my time and wished me well.

😂😂😂
I'm looking for a career change...did he mention how much he expected to pay? ;) I can eat broccoli and baked beans for 24 hours if necessary.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Met someone online. Was going great, met up after 2 months a surprise visit for his birthday. He was shocked & took back (suffers with mental health issues)

I felt awkward from the word go. His best friends (girls) are very flirty towards him, saw the girl the day before, forever hiding his phone & refused sex. Was always asking for money & when I mentioned his friend in question he was always defensive.

Needless to say. I dumped him.

Reactions: 1
1. Met my boyfriend of 5 years online (MSN). He went back to uni when he was about 22/23, met someone and just cut me off basically..until one new years day we were both in the same city he was at for uni and I met him for sex. We had a bath together and I had just dyed my hair..used a towel and it had red hair dye on. So I called his girlfriend and told her to check his bin for the towel. He called me crying saying I needed to have a sit down meeting with her, her parents and him. He was horrible and looking back, he was 100% cheating on me every weekend. I was young and naive.

2. Met him on POF - was getting on well and then he started lying. He had a good job, car (photo sent from a forecourt, claiming to be his range rover 🤨) had a little son etc. One day I got a text from his mum - '***** has died. Sorry' No...no he hasn't. So me and manager did some digging, I contacted one of his mates he had told me about. Sent him the full conversations we had been having. His mate confirm he hadn't died and he was going to ask him about all this. The guy (who had supposedly died) then text me calling me all the names and how messed up I was!

3. Met a guy, got on really well. Met him one night and we had a good time and we was planning on meeting again. Until I started following an influencer on instagram (with a large following - and she is absolutely lovely) it was her bloody boyfriend and he had given me a different name!!!! I ended it and told him how awful and stupid he was. Him and her arent together anymore, but I didnt contact her.

4) Met a guy on POF. Spoke for 6 months. First date at my house (I know!) nearly 6 years later, we are engaged and he is amazing. I am so glad I didnt learn my lesson ha.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Met a guy in prison. Got pregnant with his baby within a week of his release. Currently feeding that baby.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I met my ex on pof in 2012 we were together until 2017 and had a young child.
He turned out to be controlling, emotionally,mentally and physically abusive.
I never would of thought someone could of treated me like he did.
After months of terrorising me with messages threats of self harm , accusations and then indicating harm to my child I got an indefinite restraining order and he was charged with ABH.
I know if it wasnt for the final act of violence stopping me and the fact I went to work the next day with blood pouring down my head my life would of been a different story.

I do have a happy ending I met my current boyfriend in 2019 on tinder after 2 years of being on my own.

Was this the program about the young girl who split with her boyfriend and he murdered her by slitting her throat in her car?

When I read stories now and think back to my own experience I can see the signs.
I’m so glad you got out of that, I was in an abusive relationship too ( we didn’t meet online though ) when I was younger, years later I studied abusive relationships and was so angry I had never been taught what the signs were as I would a have left before things escalated, they should be taught in schools imo it would save a lot of awful things happening

My one and only online dating experience was so bad, I still cringe when I think about it. He told me he was a non-smoker but turned up with nicotine-stained fingers, smelling of old sweat and stale smoke. I let that go because, well, I was being polite. He went to the bar and ordered himself a pint. Didn't offer to get me a drink. No worries, I thought, so I bought my own pint. He then told me 'ladies don't drink pints' and that I should have ordered two half pint glasses instead. Okaaay...the date staggered on for another half an hour or so, with him talking about himself, his ex, his job, his flat, his hopes and dreams (boring bastard) then thank God, my friend called me (pre-arranged rescue call in case it was terrible) and sadly, I had to leave because my non-existent auntie Vi had fallen down the stairs (poor Auntie Vi!) and I had to go and help. He proceeded to bombard me with texts after that, trying to arrange another meeting. I blocked his number in the end.

Worst date ever.
Back in the day when I was single and using a dating app I had this really cheap fone (well before everyone had smartphones) and it had the best feature ever which was that you could programme a call, saved me from so many awful dates! I used to make up insane excuses at times just for my own amusement “flats on fire” etc 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I’m so glad you got out of that, I was in an abusive relationship too ( we didn’t meet online though ) when I was younger, years later I studied abusive relationships and was so angry I had never been taught what the signs were as I would a have left before things escalated, they should be taught in schools imo it would save a lot of awful things happening

So am I, unfortunately I have a child with him and that was part of the reason I stayed but also the reason why I left.
I agree domestic violence should be spoken about in schools. It is such a stigmatised topic that many people fail to believe people can be abusers.

• Sad
Reactions: 1

Back in the day when I was single and using a dating app I had this really cheap fone (well before everyone had smartphones) and it had the best feature ever which was that you could programme a call, saved me from so many awful dates! I used to make up insane excuses at times just for my own amusement “flats on fire” etc 😂
I love this, flats on fire genuinely made me laugh out loud :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Met a guy on a night out and arranged to meet up with him the following week. Must have had serious beer goggles on because he was not good looking, had bad teeth and a peculiar dress sense. We went out in the nearby town for a few drinks, he was a teacher at a secondary school and kept going on about how much of an amazing teacher he was and how all the kids thought he was cool (for context seem to remember he was 28/29, I was 23). He kept referring to the pupils by name like they were his mates which I thought was really weird 🤨

I was really pissed off I had elected to spend £20 on a taxi rather than driving and it was going to be the same back so thought I’ll stay the course out of politeness. Anyway we go into one of the pubs where it transpires he knows all the bar staff who are making jokes about me being out of his league which was incredibly awkward, THEN another teacher from his school comes in about the same age who said he couldn’t resist checking who my date was out with (he must have said which pub we were in), major alarm bells at this point then the two of them started going on for 30 mins+ about school stuff and the pupils! I am just stood there like what the actual duck

Said I was going out for a smoke and left

Trekked in my heels to a bus stop out of the town centre to avoid being spotted because after that I couldn’t justify paying for another £20 taxi 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
This just happened to me.

Met a guy on an app. Over the course of two weeks we met up 5 times and it was going really well.

I send him a message the day after our final date and he ignores it. He replies the next day saying "I think we are moving too fast" and then deletes my number and the match.

I also went on a date once with a guy who took me for lunch. He told me really early on he didn't feel the connection but went on to order a million courses and we sat there for soooo long. He did pay but I just kept thinking why he was dragging the date out? Our convo was so awkward too. Weird!!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I matched with a guy on hinge earlier this year who had in his bio, “been away for a while but I’m back” so I asked naturally, wondered maybe he’d bene living abroad or in a different town or something. No no - he’d literally been in prison! Said he was falsely accused of rape! Swears blind his innocence. From our location his age and name I actually found the articles online! Hell no!!!!

• Wow
Google is your friend in online dating. By searching potential dates in advance I have saved myself from meeting:

someone who liked Teresa May on FB
someone who had 6 kids by 6 women
someone who had been to court for stalking twice
three married men
someone who was actually about 5 inches shorter than he made out to be.....

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12