Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Phoenix Lazarus

VIP Member
Not me but my male friend went to meet someone he had been talking to for a while on tinder (girl) and it turned out to be a man! He was absolutely fuming, can’t even imagine!
If he's a pre-op trans-man, your poor male friend must have been in fear of being accused of unlawful discrimination these days!

Reactions: 2

skvallertant

Chatty Member
very complicated relationship with religions etc.
I know it's off topic, sorry, please delete if inappropriate.. I have butted heads with SO many guys I've dated over religion. I'm a DTh with a background in linguistics and literature (wasted a lot of time at uni haha), now atheist/irreligious despite being raised in an NRM. The amount of men who have such misinformed views on philosophy/religion, sociology and psychology "because, science" despite knowing nothing about critical thinking is astounding to me. It's like the edgelord atheists never grow up? Wtf?

Edit: words. Also, to make the above dating-relevant, I've been on a lot of bad dates where when I mention what I do for part of my work, lecturing etc. It's just not a good time 😌 lots of men seem to hate it when you point out that disciplines other than the hard sciences are still, you know, informed by science.

Last edited:

newtoyou

VIP Member
Okay so this isn’t a horror story but could do with some advice. I’ve been seeing a guy for a couple of months I met online, he’s nice seems genuine. I see him once a week and it’s mainly for sex but he does stay for a couple of hours to chill afterwards..
before we met he would text me all the time (I have no issue with that) since we have met and over the last couple of months I’m lucky if I hear from him once a day. ive asked him about it and he says it’s just him and everyone pulls him up on it, but he wasn’t like it before we met. Hes online off and on all day to.. (I’m not psycho but I’ve noticed every now and then). Am I just being really stupid and letting myself be used? I feel like a stupid teenager saying it but he does seem genuine.
I wouldn’t even be overly bothered if he had always been this way but like I said before we met we would chat a lot throughout the day & evening. Please don’t judge me if this sounds ridiculous 🤦🏻‍♀️
I've had a friend in a similar situation and no matter what people said (tough love, understanding, whatever technique), she just wouldnt listen until she realised herself that he wasnt into it.

I think deep down, you know what the answer is, but as you implied in another post, you maybe dont want to accept it?

Anyway, it's fine for you to have caught feelings and for you to want more, so dont be embarrased about that :)

leoladyxo

VIP Member
My friend has been using Bumble and has had quite an experience! She met a guy four weeks ago on there and in that timeframe they’ve been having a relationship of sorts in fastforward speed. In that time they’ve been out for dinner, to the zoo, met each other’s families and have been sleeping together and regularly staying round each other’s places. On their first date he serenaded her with the pina colada song in front of a whole bar of people - massive cringe. Obviously worked on her though! He also would text her to ask if she “wanted to go for a drive”, which is a bit strange to me, I would have asked him to make a proper plan with me for another day. He even came to her birthday dinner, which was a week or so ago, so as her friends we have now met him. He chose to pay for the whole dinner which was a nice gesture.

Anyway, Valentine’s Day rolls around and bearing in mind that it’s a new “relationship” I think she thought that he might send her a card or flowers. Nothing happens all day - not even a text message. I think she got involved too quickly and he was love bombing her. It gave me a lot of red flags as to how quickly it was all going and so I wasn’t particularly surprised that had avoided Valentine’s Day. He messaged her the day after Valentine’s Day to break things off by saying he “needed some space”.

Now he’s back on the scene as he’s texted her today to say hello and that he hopes she’s OK. To me, it really looks as though he doesn’t respect her feelings enough and that she would do well to really think about whether she wants to get involved again with this guy. It’s textbook narcissist as he thinks he can pick her up and put her down whenever he wants to. I’m now in that awkward position as she keeps asking for advice and I don’t feel that I can really be honest with her for fear of upsetting her (as I’m a tough love person).

Someone else that I know had a first date with a man she had met on an app and they had been texting back and forth for the week before. She had disclosed to him that she liked going to Center Parcs with her teenage daughter. At the end of their first date (which was at a pub he had driven them to, her car had been left at his house), he told her that he had booked for them to go to Center Parcs in a few weeks. She had to pretend that she was really excited about this until she got back to his house and could drive away, never to speak to him again. It’s also worth mentioning that whilst on this date, he had come round her side of the table and snapped a selfie of them together before she had any idea what was happening.

Last edited:
  • Wow

ChubClubThug

VIP Member
This is a new one for me...
When all seems normal then he announces all he wants to do is make you fat :oops:
No fucking chance pal it took me a year to get back into topshop jeans, I ain't giving it all up to so you can jack off to my muffin top.
View attachment 36565View attachment 36566
point him in the direction of a few instagrammers we know of ...they'd love that🤣

• Haha

Fomohomo

Sounds like you already did earlier today. If I get back out there I’ll be able to straight away as my taste always seems to be pretty horrendous.

I’ve only been on a couple of internet dates and I saw ones face visibly drop the second she saw me which was a great start. She then proceeded to bombard me with questions like it was the Spanish Inquisition without really giving me anything back. Until she suddenly blurted out that her parents had died within 2 days of each other. Oh my gosh that’s awful that must have been a really difficult time. Yes. Tumbleweed. She then messaged me asking if I wanted to see her again telling me I was an amazing woman 🤷🏼‍♀️
oh mate, we can just be them two women that go around telling all the young uns what thryve got to look forward to 🤣

• Haha

emm

VIP Member
Dated a guy from a well known app after coming out a loong relationship. First couple of dates went well. Went to his house for the 3rd date (nothing like that happened thank god). Upon heading home, he was driving me to the tube, I made the mistake of standing behind him as he locked the front door and he let out the loudest, wettest fart. Admittedly I was a bit shocked, but figured “everyone does it”. We got in the car, I had to crack a window (in February) the smell was like something had died in his colon. I jokingly asked if he’d sh*t himself. He seemed unsure and said he’d have to check when he got home. Said our goodbyes, got on the tube. I then got a very excited call upon exiting the tube with him on the other end letting me know that he had not sh*t himself.
how the hell would someone think this is okay on an early date (or ever tbh..)?!

tskiry56

My horror story was meeting my ex online which led to a very toxic relationship. However I have met some nice people online you just genuinely can pretend to be someone your not online.
One person I spoke to then decided he was gay.
My current partner and hopefully has completely changed my outlook. You just have to be very careful who you meet.

Catwinky

Chatty Member
I’m really petty as well once I’m annoyed! It’s the Leo in me 😂😂!

She should disengage from him. I think that she’s so desperate to meet someone and he was the first “decent” guy that’s she has dated in a while that she’s willing to settle for how he’s treating her. A lot of her self worth seems to settle on whether she has a boyfriend.

My other friend and I have tried to warn her that this won’t end well but she’s only really replying one word answers in response - such as “OK” and “Yeah”. I don’t think she wants to hear it so I guess it’s for her to find out the hard way. 🙁
She'll learn, the hard way.
Unfortunately as friends you've done all you can, to try and advise her.
There's none so blind as them that won't see and all that...

Meg1912

VIP Member
Another one. At one point I was inactive and took my photograph off.
Got an email to say I had a message..intrigued I logged in and yes there was an email and yes it was from my very much married relative!!
Baaaahhhhh! [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

• Haha

Phoenix Lazarus

VIP Member
On their first date he serenaded her with the pina colada song in front of a whole bar of people - massive cringe.
That would be bad if it was a marriage proposal after knowing each other a while-but you could just about forgive it in those circumstances. On a FIRST date, though, if she couldn't see that red-flagged a narcissist or just out-and-out nutter, well, I don't know what to say.....

Boogs

VIP Member
I wonder how many messages like that actually get a positive response? So many blokes send them that there must be some women out there that respond to them.

Bingewatcher92

Okay so this isn’t a horror story but could do with some advice. I’ve been seeing a guy for a couple of months I met online, he’s nice seems genuine. I see him once a week and it’s mainly for sex but he does stay for a couple of hours to chill afterwards..
before we met he would text me all the time (I have no issue with that) since we have met and over the last couple of months I’m lucky if I hear from him once a day. ive asked him about it and he says it’s just him and everyone pulls him up on it, but he wasn’t like it before we met. Hes online off and on all day to.. (I’m not psycho but I’ve noticed every now and then). Am I just being really stupid and letting myself be used? I feel like a stupid teenager saying it but he does seem genuine.
I wouldn’t even be overly bothered if he had always been this way but like I said before we met we would chat a lot throughout the day & evening. Please don’t judge me if this sounds ridiculous 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Sad
Reactions: 1