Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

birdiefly246

VIP Member
totally agree! I am 33 now and cannot (be bothered) to date again. I will get some more cats and just leave it :)

100% he had told her. jesus wtf is wrong with people (men). I am interested, all the accounts here seem to be (more or lesss) straight women, is it any easier to be lesbian?!
quite a few of my mates are lesbians and girls aren't icky as such but from the stories they've told me they come with a lot of drama (from their experience. Not slagging off women here. Girl power and all that!)

• Haha
Reactions: 1

Bingewatcher92

Yeah I know what you mean, you wanna feel like he cares a bit more to chat to you more and he should! He shouldn't just read them and ignore, especially as he's online and has the time. I'd just back off, don't text him so much keep yourself busy by talking to others or just your friends and see if he bothers texting you a lot again. Sometimes men are selfish lol and take things for granted. There's nothing wrong with catching feelings and wanting to feel valued. He shouldn't just say he's busy. He should say he's sorry and he should make more effort. I'm alright at giving advice but I'm shit in my own situations lol. Been there and done that many a time with men who didn't deserve me and didn't really care!
Haha your like me then, can dish the advice but crap at taking it myself 🙈
Thank you so much! I was feeling like I’m just being an idiot but you’ve made me feel like actually it’s not just me reading things to much etc.
That’s the thing, he will leave me on read for 12 hours + and I get it, I’m not a priority and he is busy but he was the same before we met and it takes seconds to reply to a message.
I do just want to feel valued. I’m happy for it to be casual and sex etc but at the moment I feel like I get dropped all week until the next tome and I don’t think that’s fair even when it’s casual.
Maybe I’m to old school for casual 🤔🤦🏻‍♀️

Grizzlybear

VIP Member
This isn’t really an online dating story, as I have a boyfriend and am happy. However, I keep having this guy a similar age to me reply to my Instagram posts and stories, or just send me messages. I have never met him before, but he followed me on Instagram and liked a lot of my selfies. A lot of the messages he sends are late at night and obviously when he is drunk. They will say things like, “I want to shag you” and “give me the green light” - really charming stuff. 😂😂 Also, he seems to enjoy telling me in a sarcastic tone that I am “having a WILD Saturday night” when I’m making a homemade dinner or something. It is a bit weird, so I don’t reply. I think he gets bitchy like that because I am not responding to him. Has anyone else had anything like this?!
Yes; and the guy found my work contact details online and BERATED me via text for blocking him

• Wow

tskiry56

I’m so glad you got out of that, I was in an abusive relationship too ( we didn’t meet online though ) when I was younger, years later I studied abusive relationships and was so angry I had never been taught what the signs were as I would a have left before things escalated, they should be taught in schools imo it would save a lot of awful things happening

So am I, unfortunately I have a child with him and that was part of the reason I stayed but also the reason why I left.
I agree domestic violence should be spoken about in schools. It is such a stigmatised topic that many people fail to believe people can be abusers.

• Sad

Bingewatcher92

They say no man is nicer than a one who hasn’t shagged you yet. Move on he’s not worth it.

have you stopped texting him and see if he pops up more looking for you? You’ll soon find out if he makes an effort.
Never heard that saying but it definitely resonates.
I’ve tried, but I’m that useless girl who wants to be acknowledged and it’s crap at not texting etc. My own fault I know.

Reverend

VIP Member
On my first date with a girl, she wanted to go to the cinema. 'Sure' I say, 'I want to see Natural Born Killers' she says . You can guess where that relationship went.....

• Haha

FavouriteChild

VIP Member
I was speaking to someone from Tinder since Feb(ish) and we had planned to meet up in March but then lockdown in the U.K. came into place. We messaged everyday and sent Snapchats but I always wondered why all his pics were from the same angle/not showing much of his face. I tried not to be a shallow person so continued speaking etc and “personality over looks” kind of person.
We arrange to have a socially distanced date when we could go to the park leisurely and it also happened to be the day after my birthday. He had told me how he was so excited to meet me and he had “so many surprises”, including flowers, chocolates and more. I turn up on the day and I see him from afar and I was shocked. Trust your gut instinct when you see pics and it’s just part of their face in certain angles. He didn’t try to dress up at all and he wore a tracksuit on a really hot day! I was in a dress. He had no surprise gifts or anything with him so I felt like he lied to me to come and meet him. His surprise place he took me for lunch was the KEBAB SHOP. 😂 I wasn’t expecting a 3 course meal but for someone who was telling me they’d give me the world, I couldn’t even finish my kebab because I wanted to go home so badly.
OMFG 😵

• Haha

HankMcPrank

VIP Member
Met someone online. Was going great, met up after 2 months a surprise visit for his birthday. He was shocked & took back (suffers with mental health issues)

I felt awkward from the word go. His best friends (girls) are very flirty towards him, saw the girl the day before, forever hiding his phone & refused sex. Was always asking for money & when I mentioned his friend in question he was always defensive.

Needless to say. I dumped him.

Catwinky

Chatty Member
My friend was complaining about a tinder guy that stood her up, she was saying she liked his profile because he called himself intelligent 😂. Poor girl can't read the the warning signs for guys to avoid like the plague 😬
Oh god. Guys calling themselves 'intelligent' are the same as guys who call themselves 'good' or 'nice'.
Run, run far away.

youRjokingHunz

Chatty Member
This thread is my life blood… I have a lot of dating story’s, and some from my sister as well.. we had such a blast dating .. I know live this through here and my younger colleagues going through the pain of it all..
Ride on boys and girls…

nipple clamps hahahaha

petitspois

VIP Member
In the pre online dating days I was set up on a blind date by a colleague. I should have realised that it wouldn't go well, because she was a massive bitch and never really liked me. However she was good friends with a good friend of mine, so I went along with it. She said he was a really successful journalist, very intelligent, great personality, loaded...you can probably see where this is going, however I was 22 and naive.

I turn up to date. He is the height and build of a flat racing jockey. Wet through I doubt he weighs 7st. I am more Nigella Lawson-esque before she lost weight. He shakes my hand and I swear that my hand was twice the size of his. It was like shaking hands with a 10 year old. He was also a good 20 years older than me.

I struggled through the date as best I could, and escaped as soon as I could. He was very nice and keen, but I just couldn't see him again. Oh, and he wasn't a journo either, I think from memory he did some backroom job, the loaded bit was a lie too.

Needless to say I never went on any other dates she offered to set me up on!

Online dating horrors....I have loads! Guy who was a 'professional' (hahaha) turned up for lunchtime coffee date wearing a filthy fleece with holes in. Took it off to reveal a once white T shirt. Eww. Did not stop talking about his long marriage where his wife moved into the spare room because she was tool old for sex at 45, his kids who didn't want to know him, the woman he had been seeing most recently who may or may not have been a transexual he wasn't sure and felt he couldn't ask her. This was all within the first 45 mins, he barely drew breath. I could never go in that Costa Coffee again for fear of being associated with that bloody weirdo! 😂 😂

Another one where he told racist and sexist jokes, then when I said I didn't want to see him again (diplomatically I hadn't mentioned the racism/ sexism) told me he was only after a quick fuck and I was too fat to be any good :eek: Bloke who lived 7 miles from me who said I lived too far away 😂 bloke who claimed he was 25 (I was nearly 40 at the time, and flattered as he was hot) who I discovered was actually 19. And how did I find this out? Because it turned out he was the older brother of my 10 year old son's school pal 😳😳😳😆
those made me laugh - thank you