One Direction #6 God Only Knows Where 1D Did Go

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m not a fan of Harry’s shaved head, but 1) it doesn’t look terrible 2) it’s not the end of the world and 3) it’s none of my business what he does with his hair

Reactions: 15
I saw people saying that Harry's shaving his head ruined their life. Obviously it's hyperbole (...I hope...) but jfc get a grip! Touch some grass! It's literally hair and will grow back, what the hell.

My Boo sold out the O2. So proud! With next to no promotion, mostly just fans. Love it.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
There w
I saw people saying that Harry's shaving his head ruined their life. Obviously it's hyperbole (...I hope...) but jfc get a grip! Touch some grass! It's literally hair and will grow back, what the hell.

My Boo sold out the O2. So proud! With next to no promotion, mostly just fans. Love it.
There was a similar reaction when he cut his long hair. Just not as much histrionics. I'm glad he felt comfortable enough to do it.

And congrats L!!

Reactions: 5
Did anybody see the lyrics to Harry's song that leaked? Genuinely awful.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Can you post here pls
Lovely lady, you're a piece of work
In you gold sunglasses and your fur coat
Just like daddy you're so sugar sweet
I bet you're sleeping with more women then me

I saw you doing on a pop tart
You said you love all the chase
I saw you chilling with a rasta and a shotgun Blowing smoke in his face
I guess I'm trying to be a rockstar
Guess I'm trying to be something you like
But I'm really just a popstar
That's why you put me on ice

Skin - tight baby shorts, rock - and - roll
Straight tequila after twenty smokes
Walked you home but you said "Bonne nuit"
Should have known you don't give head for free

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 4
Louis looks amazing tonight, some of the gifs on tumblr are breathtaking 😍 let’s hope those Harry lyrics are fake cuz they’re awful!

Harry lyrics are not that good lol Matilda was the only song with good lyrics from his last album imo it's sad because his first album was pretty great lyrics wise

Harry lyrics are not that good lol Matilda was the only song with good lyrics from his last album imo it's sad because his first album was pretty great lyrics wise
Some of it doesn't always work but I will say it is interesting that he tries different styles of writing every album. It makes each album feel like they exist in their own world.

First album was very concise lyrically. A bit witty but balanced out with more serious songs and topics. It feels like random overviews of various stories without context, like you're following behind him down a hallway and he's trying to run away from you while he's telling these stories. It seems a bit aimless but there are many overarching themes. I actually love the allusions to lack of communication or miss communication. There's at least a lyric in every song.

Second album is a bit more free. Less "professional" sounding lyrics. There is a purpose for each song. It's very story based. Every song feels very intentional. It exposed some of his weaknesses though.

Third album. Well I'm not sure what he was going for. I guess he was influenced by the more trendy indie artist style of writing where you basically say any offbeat thought that comes into your head. I guess Phoebe bridgers sort of popularized it. I actually thought the guy from the 1975 co-wrote some of it because I hate his lyrics and they sounded very similar and I recall that he offered to do that before. I do think a lot of it was bad. Some of his fans are pretty cringe about it too. Nothing wrong with saying that he tried and it didn't work out. There were interesting elements he explored though. Like the storytelling in daylight reminded me of Taylor swift a bit. He inserted a lot of personality in it too which is what some other artists lack. I think the problem is yes men. I remember from an interview one of his producers was encouraging him to keep "filler" lyrics in his songs. I get why he's created a small team but I think branching out and having someone be more honest would help.

• Heart
Oh wow 😍he's at the rolling stones awards and up for a nomination
Why does he always stand with his legs so far apart?! 😂
---
Lovely lady, you're a piece of work
In you gold sunglasses and your fur coat
Just like daddy you're so sugar sweet
I bet you're sleeping with more women then me

I saw you doing on a pop tart
You said you love all the chase
I saw you chilling with a rasta and a shotgun Blowing smoke in his face
I guess I'm trying to be a rockstar
Guess I'm trying to be something you like
But I'm really just a popstar
That's why you put me on ice

Skin - tight baby shorts, rock - and - roll
Straight tequila after twenty smokes
Walked you home but you said "Bonne nuit"
Should have known you don't give head for free
this can’t be him! He doesn’t smoke and it doesn’t sound anything like his “tone”. It’s more like a bad Robbie Williams B side from the 90s 😂 Harry loves a metaphor and this is just so on the nose crass!

• Haha
On the topic of Harry’s writing. He needs to do more of it with Amy Allen, I love her songs and I feel like his are always better with her on the credits.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.