One Direction #2 It's been so long, it's been so long, maybe they're fireproof

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Didn’t the majority of 1D fans still lap up their shows at the time? It’s one of those things where they would just be so happy to be seeing them they didn’t care about the professionalism/quality of the show.

It’s probably a good thing there was no choreo, from what I remember non of them sold themselves as being dancers? 😂
They definitely weren't dancers.

I think the messing around on stage played into a grounded, fun, relatable vibe that management probably wanted to maintain. And like you say, they couldn't dance, so it probably helped give them something to do on stage to fill the space and time

Reactions: 13
He didn't buy waliyha a house. There was a lot of talk around Bradford about her husband's family and reputation, and how he wouldn't be able to afford to "keep up with her lifestyle". Seems like waliyha is getting support from her mum

Safaa has a playroom type thing in her house for her daughter and has her daughter and Zayns daughters name on the wall. Implies that they are close but that's not the reality anymore

Understandable if Gigi and Zayn were restricting who seen khai, but you'd think his dad would have went
Fair enough, can’t remember where I saw it, might of just been a fan page who assumed he did cause he bought Safaa one. I’ve heard the talk in Bradford about her boyfriend what type of person he is, he sounds a delight

i think I know the wall you’re on about and I was under the impression that was at Zayns mums house (unless I’m thinking of something else) and it was like a room at her house for the kids to stay at (as it had bed in rather than a play room), rather than at Safaas (pic attached).

Zayns dad seems to distance himself from the whole family now, I do find it weird that his mom has only been a few times and he hasn’t bought Khai over here but I feel like theirs probably bigger issues that aren’t peoples business

Attachments

i think I know the wall you’re on about and I was under the impression that was at Zayns mums house (unless I’m thinking of something else) and it was like a room at her house for the kids to stay at (as it had bed in rather than a play room), rather than at Safaas (pic attached).

Zayns dad seems to distance himself from the whole family now, I do find it weird that his mom has only been a few times and he hasn’t bought Khai over here but I feel like theirs probably bigger issues that aren’t peoples business
The room in safaas house is different. Its a long room with toys, no bed, and the text on the wall is in a different style

It'll be interesting to see if zayn comes back when doniya gets married. Out of all of the sisters, she's the one he was closest to

Reactions: 3
They definitely weren't dancers.

I think the messing around on stage played into a grounded, fun, relatable vibe that management probably wanted to maintain. And like you say, they couldn't dance, so it probably helped give them something to do on stage to fill the space and time
I definitely agree. Their haphazard way of doing things on stage was definitely part of the brand and as someone who loved 1D and went to a lot of their shows, it was fun and part of the appeal. No one balked at Harry coming from backstage with a banana, it was expected and anticipated, lol. It all tracks for who they were as a group :LOL:

As for Liam...I feel so bad and sad for him. He has a great voice, he's always seemed incredibly sweet and earnest but just lost. I was friends with his best school friends during the 1D days and they would go visit him in London somewhat regularly. It makes me sad that he doesn't seem to have that anymore. I don't want him to become another tragedy, I have such a soft spot for him.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I definitely agree. Their haphazard way of doing things on stage was definitely part of the brand and as someone who loved 1D and went to a lot of their shows, it was fun and part of the appeal. No one balked at Harry coming from backstage with a banana, it was expected and anticipated, lol. It all tracks for who they were as a group :LOL:

As for Liam...I feel so bad and sad for him. He has a great voice, he's always seemed incredibly sweet and earnest but just lost. I was friends with his best school friends during the 1D days and they would go visit him in London somewhat regularly. It makes me sad that he doesn't seem to have that anymore. I don't want him to become another tragedy, I have such a soft spot for him.
Harry coming on stage with a banana was definitely not expected back then

Harry coming on stage with a banana was definitely not expected back then
Harry pulled a banana from the sporran he wore on stage during his first solo tour. Little things like that were familiar to the fans and helped bridge the gap from band member to solo star on stage. Clever and fun.

Louis' solo tour starts tonight!

Reactions: 8
Harry pulled a banana from the sporran he wore on stage during his first solo tour. Little things like that were familiar to the fans and helped bridge the gap from band member to solo star on stage. Clever and fun.

Louis' solo tour starts tonight!
Wearing outfits was alright but no one expects the artist they are seeing to stop and have a pot noodle on stage

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Wearing outfits was alright but no one expects the artist they are seeing to stop and have a pot noodle on stage
Fans infantized them though. They were "silly" and the whole draw for a lot of fans was that they appeared hopeless on stage with no real coordination - including eating and drinking on stage. I can't see a band getting away with it now, but at the time it was definitely a thing fans loved and the draw of a show.

Reactions: 9
Fans infantized them though. They were "silly" and the whole draw for a lot of fans was that they appeared hopeless on stage with no real coordination - including eating and drinking on stage. I can't see a band getting away with it now, but at the time it was definitely a thing fans loved and the draw of a show.
Yeah they really heavily leaned into the “5 lads having fun on stage” angle hard. I mean to be fair with their schedule basically touring immediately after the album release & promo they didn’t really have much time to prepare anything other than the stuff they did. They wouldn’t get away with it now though, stuff like Zayn & Louis not knowing the words to Stockholm Syndrome for a few shows and Liam and Louis chucking water on each for all of OTRA wouldn’t fly nowadays which is fair enough.

Reactions: 6
It looks like Dallas was an amazing show for him with loads of rainbow flags. He's clearly been working hard on his voice and he doesn't shy away from the mic anymore. He picked out a dad in the audience had had some banter.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I think Liam expected fame after 1D to be a similar level to where Harry is at. I feel so sad for him, he seems so lost at the moment I really hope he’s not drinking again
He hasn’t put the work in though, and has made very little effort to reach out to his fans. Even the most devoted fans are bored by him. He’s floundering musically and personally - someone needs to throw him a life raft.

I went to see Robbie and he sat and smoked a cig whilst holding out the mic to the crowd, who were singing Angels. I thought that was lazy and unprofessional but Robbie fans thought he was cheeky and adorable.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Lol it’s a bit ironic we’re talking about eating/drinking on stage and yesterday Louis took a vodka shot from a fan in the crowd :oops: Even in non-covid times taking alcohol from a crowd of people is a bit dodge, let alone nowadays 😬

• Wow
  • Haha
Lol it’s a bit ironic we’re talking about eating/drinking on stage and yesterday Louis took a vodka shot from a fan in the crowd :oops: Even in non-covid times taking alcohol from a crowd of people is a bit dodge, let alone nowadays 😬

Not the best idea during covid but very reminiscent of 1D. All the eating on stage talked about in this thread was always stuff passed or thrown on stage by fans - nachos, burgers, cookies. I think the shot is quite sweet and the fans will love it. He prides himself on his bond with the fans.

Reactions: 2
Lol very typical of Louis’ Jack the lad image but very stupid lol

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.