One Day of Winter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Def looks 20 to me. And I can feasibly see how she’d say late winter is mid December.

That said, this is her third and I showed from about ten weeks with my second so who knows.

Oh bore off Nicola. No one wants to see you doing the twatty bump rub that pregnant women do. Can’t wait for her ‘not have her tit together’ even more so when this one arrives. Can imagine she’ll be tandem feeding also and will post numerous stories with both kids hanging off her sausage nips

ETA guess that’s why the poor cats are getting the boot

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I feel like the rubbing of the bump is gonna overtake the purposeful nip slips / creepy feedy stare, on the snore-o-meter 😴
She announced her pregnancy an hour ago and I'm already bored of seeing her tummy

Reactions: 6
Why does she insist on filming dean when she’s said he doesn’t like it? She always moves the camera off him as soon as he looks as though he’s gonna look at her so she must know it makes him uncomfortable.

Reactions: 2
Why does she insist on filming dean when she’s said he doesn’t like it? She always moves the camera off him as soon as he looks as though he’s gonna look at her so she must know it makes him uncomfortable.
Yeah I feel really sorry for Dean. He works in All Saints, seems like a cool guy surrounded by no doubt cool, hip folk and probably feels a bit embarrassed that his once gorgeous, cool girlfriend has turned into this boring middle aged frump who belittles him online.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I hope it all goes well for them.

I also can't wait to see how mother earth handles juggling a willful toddler used to getting her own way with everything with a newborn.

Anyone else find it vaguely annoying that even though Raven is 3 and can clearly sit by herself Nicola is still hovering like she might topple or something? Leave her alone woman!!!

Reactions: 5
The pregnancy announcement actually made me a bit sad.
Cooking away happily and healthily...i can't cook babies any more. It would be a minor miracle.
I actually think she's quite insensitive. Especially because alot of the people who follow her follow her because of sharing her experience of baby loss.
Obviously I wish her well. I just feel a bit kicked tbh
Sorry for your issues but you cant begrude someone announcing a pregnancy - she cant not announce it just in case she upsets someone she doesnt even know? I dont even like pea but I really dont think you can deny her her announcement.

Reactions: 15
Sorry for your issues but you cant begrude someone announcing a pregnancy - she cant not announce it just in case she upsets someone she doesnt even know? I dont even like pea but I really dont think you can deny her her announcement.
I thought this... just because you can’t have children doesn’t mean everyone in the world can’t be excited with their own announcement. Her baby is growing healthily? What’s the problem with putting that. Jealously is a horrible thing

I think given her following there would’ve been room for a trigger warning or similar. Let’s not be unkind. Just because you were not upset doesn’t mean that someone else shouldn’t be, and I think it is totally correct, given she writes on baby loss, for Nicola to have been a little more mindful of a good proportion of her target audience.

Reactions: 3
I think given her following there would’ve been room for a trigger warning or similar. Let’s not be unkind. Just because you were not upset doesn’t mean that someone else shouldn’t be, and I think it is totally correct, given she writes on baby loss, for Nicola to have been a little more mindful of a good proportion of her target audience.
Yeah thanks. That's all I was saying. She's on insta etc literally because she writes about baby loss, that's how she's made her name.

My issues are personal to me, I'm allowed to feel that she's being insensitive. We have just had another baby die in our family. The person who experienced it follows pea because of her book, she would have been crushed.

Im.not jealous at all and its unkind to accuse me of that - I'm at peace with my 'issues' as someone kindly put it.

I just think given a huge proportion of her following follow her because of her experiences, she could have been more mindful. She talk in her book about it. I just found it a tad hypocritical.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Yeah thanks. That's all I was saying. She's on insta etc literally because she writes about baby loss, that's how she's made her name.

My issues are personal to me, I'm allowed to feel that she's being insensitive. We have just had another baby die in our family. The person who experienced it follows pea because of her book, she would have been crushed.

Im.not jealous at all and its unkind to accuse me of that - I'm at peace with my 'issues' as someone kindly put it.

I just think given a huge proportion of her following follow her because of her experiences, she could have been more mindful. She talk in her book about it. I just found it a tad hypocritical.

I lost my baby In April and follow Pea, my daughter is in the same memorial garden as Winter’s petal. I’m really happy for her but she should’ve had a trigger warning (even though we knew it was coming)

Reactions: 7
I lost my baby In April and follow Pea, my daughter is in the same memorial garden as Winter’s petal. I’m really happy for her but she should’ve had a trigger warning (even though we knew it was coming)
I'm happy for for too, and I Hope her pregnancy and birth are problem free.
I'm not bugrudging her her announcement but a little tact and regard for her demographic wouldn't have gone amis.
My sisters petals are there too. Its a beautiful garden.
My babies memorial is in Notts so I don't get to visit often, although I take my daughter there when I can

Reactions: 2
@Cat_scratches i get what you mean.

It’s lovely news for them and I wish her a very straightforward and boring (in the best sense) pregnancy and birth.

There is something about the wording that puts it at odds with her account. I’m not saying she should be dwelling on the negativity and fear around a rainbow pregnancy, but maybe acknowledge her followers in some way?

I’ve spoken before that I felt uncomfortable when in direct contact with Pea, I felt she was patronising and dismissive about my own experience and grief, like she was the authority. Elsewhere the baby loss community I’ve found to have such a supportive feel ‘we hate being in this club but we’re glad we’ve found each other’ but I didn’t get that from her unfortunately.

She doesn’t have to owe other bereaved parents anything - I get that, her account is about sharing her own experience - but there’s not much in the way of reaching out.

@Cat_scratches i get what you mean.

It’s lovely news for them and I wish her a very straightforward and boring (in the best sense) pregnancy and birth.

There is something about the wording that puts it at odds with her account. I’m not saying she should be dwelling on the negativity and fear around a rainbow pregnancy, but maybe acknowledge her followers in some way?

I’ve spoken before that I felt uncomfortable when in direct contact with Pea, I felt she was patronising and dismissive about my own experience and grief, like she was the authority. Elsewhere the baby loss community I’ve found to have such a supportive feel ‘we hate being in this club but we’re glad we’ve found each other’ but I didn’t get that from her unfortunately.

She doesn’t have to owe other bereaved parents anything - I get that, her account is about sharing her own experience - but there’s not much in the way of reaching out.
Yes, she was very dismissive to me too when I reached out about my baby loss experience. I'm sorry she dismissed you too.

Maybe I came across wrong in my original post idk.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I feel like the way she talks to Raven isn't growing as Raven does and as such, Raven's speech is a little... Indecipherable? Maybe we just get used to how our own children speak but I feel like my child, who is a similar age, is more easily understandable to a larger audience. I'm rambling. I basically think Pea can't bear her children to grow up, she wants to baby them forever.

Her account is actually branded as 'baby loss and grief' so as much as I don't deny her the utter joy she must feel about being able to make this lovely announcement, it's very disappointing that she didn't acknowledge her thousands of followers who are desperate to feel that joy. That was incredibly selfish. You can be excited and empathetic. She surely knows thousands of women will feel deep sadness reading her news.

• Heart
Well considering 12 people have liked my comment then I don’t think I’m the only one thinking it. I wasn’t trying to be rude, I kNow she is a baby loss account but if you follow her you should be happy that she has announced a pregnancy after suffering such a terrible loss. I just can’t fathom people suggesting it was insensitive to announce a pregnancy? And how she should somehow feel bad for this as it might upset strangers she doesn’t even know?
On another note I wonder how raven is going to cope with another baby, she is soooo demanding.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.