One Day of Winter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How does everyone think raven will be at nursery?

I’m really not sure. She’s either going to hate it and scream the place down and of course that will mean Nicola can’t possibly let her keep going. Or she’ll really thrive and Nicola will struggle with her being more independent.

I don’t doubt for a second Nicola wants the very best for her. It’s just most of us, when faced with a child who dislikes nursery, have to put a brave face on as we have to commute and then do a long day at work - and we don’t have the luxury of simply telling them they don’t have to go anymore.

Reactions: 3
Is everything classed as home ed then? So whenever my kids ask me a question and I answer it, I’m home edding? Sound then, I’ll pop it on my CV. Cheers.
No, you have to find a YouTube video to back it up and feed your kid sprinkles, all whilst they're wearing week-old clothes, writing their name in the dirt on the floor, and chewing on your massive nipples.

THEN you can put it on your CV.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
So dean won't ever be taking her to and from nursery then pea?
Also people special to her Deans in that part?? He’s more than special he’s her DADDY? The other bits mummy & Raven not one mention of Dean? He’s totally been pushed out in every way possible to raise his own daughter, bless him. When he does try and sneak 5 minutes with her she’s secretly filming him. Literally not a second though in them pages of him

Reactions: 9
The staff at nursery are not going to like her. She was scathing enough about her own school. Imagine what she will be like

Reactions: 4
I get the idea of the book as Raven barely leaves her, but what if she gets stuck in traffic, is unwell, has an antenatal appointment, is giving birth etc she won't be able to pick her up ALWAYS 🤦🏼‍♀️

I feel like that book is more for Pea's benefit than Raven's. From what we see, she actually seems like a fairly confident and sociable child, and I'd bet that she'll be quite happy to go to nursery with other children to play with. I still think she'll struggle with parts, such as not sitting on the table top to eat 🙄 but she doesn't come across as the clingy child who'll cry for Mummy not to leave her.

I think Pea is hoping she'll not want to go, and will probably be devastated if she runs in shouting "bye Mummy" without a backwards glance like my kid did.

Reactions: 1
I remember her posting previously about how she puts raven to bed in her clothes ready for the next day. So she’s definitely not been washing her if she’s in the same clothes for 3 days. Yes pea, it’s no surprise she’s “always so mucky”
Ok so where’s the father in this? Speaks volumes about him if he allows that to happen

Reactions: 2
I honestly don't think he's that involved in her day to day care. I'll give that marriage another 5 years max.
Maybe but then why have more babies. Maybe he doesn’t care. There’s no way my husband and father of my kids would allow them to wear clothes to bed for the next day or dirty clothes after one day. Which makes me think he’s as bad as her. It’s neglect.

Maybe but then why have more babies. Maybe he doesn’t care. There’s no way my husband and father of my kids would allow them to wear clothes to bed for the next day or dirty clothes after one day. Which makes me think he’s as bad as her. It’s neglect.
He's a manchild by the looks of things. I used to live with one of those. Useless.

Featheringtheemptynest has posted that she’s leaving insta to soak up all the joys of being a parent after bereavement and she doesn’t want to get sucked into spending hours and hours of her time on her phone, when she should be making the most of this long-awaited rainbow.

Pea has liked it, but it’s just made me think, how can she not see that she’s literally doing exactly what FTEN has said she wants to avoid? She really doesn’t realise what a hypocrite she is, does she?

Reactions: 6
I still can't quite believe Dean was chucked in the 'people special to me' segment of the nursery book beside Grampa Gray and the dog 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Ok so where’s the father in this? Speaks volumes about him if he allows that to happen
Also, I feel like dean has just accepted by this point that he’s not allowed to be involved in ravens care and any time he gets with her is a bonus. He’s probably given up trying to have any input into when she’s washed etc

Also, I feel like dean has just accepted by this point that he’s not allowed to be involved in ravens care and any time he gets with her is a bonus. He’s probably given up trying to have any input into when she’s washed etc
Which probably suits him fine as he gets to sit and play Xbox wearing his skip cap back to front like a teenager 🤣

• Haha
The sofa gets me 🥴 and that kitchen floor is alwaysssss filth.
I’m very surprised she was never one of them, and brought Raven up as none gender and let her decide when she’s older.

Reactions: 3
The sofa gets me 🥴 and that kitchen floor is alwaysssss filth.
I’m very surprised she was never one of them, and brought Raven up as none gender and let her decide when she’s older.
There are elements of that with some of her outfits and toys. I'm not against kids playing with any toys they want, or wearing whatever, but it comes across like it's been done to make some kind of point in some cases. "Look what good parents we are for not dressing our daughter in dresses!" 🙄

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.