One Day of Winter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She is literally a shell of her former self. She used to look so vibrant, it’s sad to see. I think the former poster was spot on about the want to feel needed.

Reactions: 6
“I don’t know how I would get you to sleep”...eh the same way most others would be doing at that age! Oh I forgot, she couldn’t possibly parent the same way us mere mortals 🙄

Reactions: 4
I stopped breastfeeding at 8 weeks, not out of choice but not relevant, and guess what Pea... I can help my child go to sleep! As can my partner! Does Dean never get to do bedtime then if Nicola has to boob her to sleep?

Reactions: 3
Sorry if this seems harsh but children of R’s age should be able to put themselves to sleep at night. Their routine should indicate to them it’s bed time and they should be able to go to bed without a crutch.

Reactions: 5
I've followed her for years, but recently I've just thought god if that's what motherhood does to you, I'm out. She's entirely lost her sense of self. She used to be such a cool adventurous girl, she's just boring and mumsy now. Shame.

Reactions: 6
I've followed her for years, but recently I've just thought god if that's what motherhood does to you, I'm out. She's entirely lost her sense of self. She used to be such a cool adventurous girl, she's just boring and mumsy now. Shame.
I know everybody loves their kids so much, and I’ve not been through childloss which is unbearable to think about however I think she’s got an unhealthy obsession with Raven, she literally documents her every move. And rubs it in everybody’s faces how ‘amazing she is’ Look at her writing look at her counting look at her drawing! That kid is so far high up on a pedestal, she’s gonna have a massive wake up call at School when she’s not number 1 in her class. What is she going to do when Raven grows up? Poor Dean is just a provider.

Reactions: 7
She's a hypocrite. Where does exposing your child's every move to complete strangers fit in with 'gentle parenting'? Get the camera out of that poor child's face for 5 minutes. She's so needy.

Reactions: 7
She's a hypocrite. Where does exposing your child's every move to complete strangers fit in with 'gentle parenting'? Get the camera out of that poor child's face for 5 minutes. She's so needy.
Definitely needy! I think she documents her every move, skidmarked toilet included, because she likes all the comments from her followers saying how wonderful she is, and how fabulous her parenting style is. I bet everytime one of her friends or family suggest something she doesn't like she tells herself that they must be wrong because hundreds of people on Instagram think she's the best thing since sliced bread.

So Pea doesn’t use the word ‘naughty’ clearly!? Or ‘clever’ 🤔

Reactions: 2
So Pea doesn’t use the word ‘naughty’ clearly!? Or ‘clever’ 🤔
Naughty I kind of agree with but clever?! How the duck are you ever supposed to praise your kid 😂 she seems to take everything that ‘Sarah Ockwell Smith’ says as the gospel

Also she’s having a massive debate on fb whether to ‘let her stay’ at her grandparents house? I mean I think my mum would be offended if I didn’t ‘trust’ her with my child over night by the age of 3, after she raised me fine?

Also she’s having a massive debate on fb whether to ‘let her stay’ at her grandparents house? I mean I think my mum would be offended if I didn’t ‘trust’ her with my child over night by the age of 3, after she raised me fine?
Is it more to do with covid rules though?

Oh God. Her poor husband. I’ve never been precious about my baby sleeping out. I know some people have different ideas about it. but 3 years without a night away is a long time! If she is pregnant how have and dean managed that 🤣🤣🤣. Maybe the new baby and going to the hospital is the reason they are doing it?

Oh God. Her poor husband. I’ve never been precious about my baby sleeping out. I know some people have different ideas about it. but 3 years without a night away is a long time! If she is pregnant how have and dean managed that 🤣🤣🤣. Maybe the new baby and going to the hospital is the reason they are doing it?
I no?! Nor me sometimes you need a break, you need to be husband and wife sometimes not just mum & dad!? 3 years without a lie in/ full nights sleep?!!!
Maybe practice for new baby? I read they do it on the sofa 🥴 because they see their bedroom for co sleeping thats it

It takes a village! Children who are lucky enough to have extended family should 100% spend time with them. I think Nicola just has no life outside this wee girl and would be bored if she wasn't around. When was the last time she put anything on insta that wasn't about Raven?

It takes a village! Children who are lucky enough to have extended family should 100% spend time with them. I think Nicola just has no life outside this wee girl and would be bored if she wasn't around. When was the last time she put anything on insta that wasn't about Raven?
definitely this!! i think
the thing a lot of gentle/attachment parents forget is that the true roots of this parenting style are actually within non western, tribal families who would undoubtedly have family members around providing
lots of physical and emotional support.
this is just another example of certain cultural practices being ostracised by a colonial mindset only to be rebranded a white/western thing centuries or decades down the line 🙃

Exactly! We’re SO lucky to have both sets of parents who have our daughter a day each a week for childcare so we can work?! Whilst she goes to nursery which is a fortune however she’s come on leaps and bounds since, she loves it! Whilst we work and can provide her to do this
Also she has an amazing bond with her grandparents because of this and her sleeping over is like a treat for her and our parents and whilst our parents are still young enough to have her. Nicola only thinks about herself in all of this not Raven or her family, she should be thankful for the offer of help not everyone are so lucky.

Reactions: 1
To be honest I never leave my children with anyone but my husband over night and one is older than Raven. I don’t think I’d be against it for the older one necessarily, we just live quite far away and he doesn’t know them that well. I kind of understand where she’s coming from, sorry 🤣🙈

The people kissing her arse on her newest post though - their children’s names! Amazon and Seraphina. Seriously. I can’t roll my eyes enough. I don’t have enough eye muscle to convey how I feel about this. OF COURSE they’re gentle parents. OF COURSE they think Nicola is the guru of parenting. OF COURSE.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.