One Day of Winter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I do agree with the rear facing comment, and would have expected someone as obsessed as she is with doing "what's right" for her child to have done more research into the issue. It seems "breastfeeding into adulthood" is the best and only way, yet car seat safety, which could actually save her kids life, is something she's willing to ignore because someone gave her a free carseat.

Do we think the change of heart over nursery is another indicator she might be pregnant, and is maybe worrying about how she'll cope with two kids? I feel sorry for any nursery in their area that has her as a parent. She'll be in there every day demanding they do things her way, or waiting outside with her giant nipple poking through the window so Raven can help herself when she feels like it.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
There's one Montessori nursery in Derby.
In its previous inspection (2018) it was rated good. In its inspection before that it required improvement.
My friends daughter went there and she was also a bit evangelical about extended breastfeeding and gentle parenting, she was removed after 5 months due to safeguarding concerns.
As someone above said, there's zero wrong with teaching a child to eat at a table, use cutlery etc. They are important life skills.

Reactions: 3
I live in the same city as Pea, and I think I know what Nursery she is talking about as I’m sure it’s the only Montessori one in our city. We visited there to look at sending our little boy, and it was awful - staff really unapproachable and unfriendly, the manager couldn’t even be bothered to greet us, her secretary showed up round whilst she was sat in the main room doing paperwork, it was a really cold unwelcoming atmosphere, to the point that my little boy sat down on the mat to play with two little girls and they yelled at him to go away and he couldn’t play with them, we felt the whole visit that they really weren’t interested in showing us round and we felt like the visit was very rushed as if they wanted us out of there quickly.The main sticking point with me was their question asking about my sons likes so when he got upset they could distract him with something he liked, rather than giving him a hug or acknowledging his feelings and comforting him. We left very quickly and agreed as we left that he wouldn’t be attending there, we found a lovely nursery over the road from his now School, and we fell in love with it the moment we walked in - lovely staff, friendly kids, beautiful outdoor area (the Montessori one just had a paved outdoor area with minimal toys) he absolutely thrived there and was so upset to leave, it was a private day Nursery but was such a nurturing environment, I don’t understand why Pea would be so against sending Raven somewhere like that simply because it’s mainstream and as usual she has to be different!

Reactions: 2
I live in the same city as Pea, and I think I know what Nursery she is talking about as I’m sure it’s the only Montessori one in our city. We visited there to look at sending our little boy, and it was awful - staff really unapproachable and unfriendly, the manager couldn’t even be bothered to greet us, her secretary showed up round whilst she was sat in the main room doing paperwork, it was a really cold unwelcoming atmosphere, to the point that my little boy sat down on the mat to play with two little girls and they yelled at him to go away and he couldn’t play with them, we felt the whole visit that they really weren’t interested in showing us round and we felt like the visit was very rushed as if they wanted us out of there quickly.The main sticking point with me was their question asking about my sons likes so when he got upset they could distract him with something he liked, rather than giving him a hug or acknowledging his feelings and comforting him. We left very quickly and agreed as we left that he wouldn’t be attending there, we found a lovely nursery over the road from his now School, and we fell in love with it the moment we walked in - lovely staff, friendly kids, beautiful outdoor area (the Montessori one just had a paved outdoor area with minimal toys) he absolutely thrived there and was so upset to leave, it was a private day Nursery but was such a nurturing environment, I don’t understand why Pea would be so against sending Raven somewhere like that simply because it’s mainstream and as usual she has to be different!
It is that one. There's only one. It's got a super bad rep. I'm sorry your baby went through that. It took me visiting 8 nurseries until I found one that clicked x

• Heart

My little one is at a preschool that is run by grandmothers it’s the cutest little school. She absolutely loves it. It’s better for Pea (I say pea and not raven, because you know it’s all about Pea’s needs/desires) to put raven in a preschool- their ratios of teacher to pupil is smaller too.

duck sake the nipple in mouth shots are back!!

• Heart
Definitely think shes knocked up!! Weird I've noticed but how can you not notice with Raven chewing. Nipples are darker when I was pregnant that's the first thing that went for me x

When this child decides she's had enough of breastfeeding Pea is going to absolutely lose the plot.

If she's going to change her mind and send her to a nursery she needs to look at reviews and get in touch with a few places. I'm guessing visits are out of the question at the moment, but any decent nursery will be happy to discuss things with her. She can't just choose one based on what "type" of education they provide, without comparing it to others. My little boy's preschool takes bits from all sorts of educational ideas, such as Montessori and even aspects of Forest School, but we chose it because it felt like a safe and happy place and it has a good reputation locally.

I do agree with the rear facing comment, and would have expected someone as obsessed as she is with doing "what's right" for her child to have done more research into the issue. It seems "breastfeeding into adulthood" is the best and only way, yet car seat safety, which could actually save her kids life, is something she's willing to ignore because someone gave her a free carseat.

Do we think the change of heart over nursery is another indicator she might be pregnant, and is maybe worrying about how she'll cope with two kids? I feel sorry for any nursery in their area that has her as a parent. She'll be in there every day demanding they do things her way, or waiting outside with her giant nipple poking through the window so Raven can help herself when she feels like it.
She doesn't need to rearface. If ever they're in an accident, Pea will whip out her super nips and spray the car full of breast milk. Problem solved.

Also... Why say sickness and fatigue? It she's not pregnant, she's desperate for people to think she is... head.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Whether she think she knows the Montessori method or not I think what she is actually looking for is a childcare setting that will let her precious child get away with absolute murder as she does at home. She will be sorely disappointed. They all have rules and standards to prepare them for life and full time school. My daughter attends a montessori and they're expected to serve themselves their meals and sit nicely at a table and use their cutlery etc. How would Raven deal with that? I've said it before but she is setting her up for a fail. Gentle parenting or not she is not giving her the skills to understand how society works and how to be a participating member of it.

She doesn't need to rearface. If ever they're in an accident, Pea will whip out her super nips and spray the car full of breast milk. Problem solved.

Also... Why say sickness and fatigue? It she's not pregnant, she's desperate for people to think she is... head.
Ah, of course, sausage nips to the rescue!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 4
It is that one. There's only one. It's got a super bad rep. I'm sorry your baby went through that. It took me visiting 8 nurseries until I found one that clicked x

Oh really, that’s very interesting! I only know one person who sent their child there and they really liked it, but the whole place just gave me a not so nice vibe, we literally couldn’t wait to leave, it was awful!

At the time my little boy also had a speech delay and wasn’t talking much yet at 3 years old, so we wanted somewhere that had a very sociable, friendly environment to encourage his speech, we bought up his speech delay at the visit and they weren’t very enthused about helping him develop his speech, they gave the impression having a child at the nursery who’s speech hadn’t developed fully wouldn’t be ‘ideal’ it was a very negative experience, so it doesn’t surprise me that others aren’t keen on it either. But I’m just glad we found a great setting for him, and he gained so much confidence so quickly after only a few weeks, and he was so happy there, his speech also came on really quickly there thanks to the support of the staff involved in his care x x

My little one is at a preschool that is run by grandmothers it’s the cutest little school. She absolutely loves it. It’s better for Pea (I say pea and not raven, because you know it’s all about Pea’s needs/desires) to put raven in a preschool- their ratios of teacher to pupil is smaller too.

duck sake the nipple in mouth shots are back!!

Aw that sounds wonderful ☺ I think you’re right, she is thinking about herself and want she wants, not thinking about what’s best for Raven. I honestly could not see a child like her doing well in this particular nursery. I think Montessori seems to have this air of superiority around it according to some people, like if you send your child to a Montessori nursery they will do better there than children in a mainstream setting. For me I feel it comes down to her being smug and acting like she’s a much better parent than everyone else by sending Raven to this sort of nursery!

Last edited:
Am I misinterpreting something or is she nursing the child to sleep? Like you would a newborn?

Cannot for he life of me understand why shes looking to send raven to a Montessori nursery when that isn't her parenting style at all, infact with Montessori kids having a mini adult prepared environment, and being most self sufficient, I'd actually say peas parenting is the opposite and raven would struggle massively being put in a montessori nursery.

Reactions: 4
Am I misinterpreting something or is she nursing the child to sleep? Like you would a newborn?

She’s does this with Raven all the time 🙄 and we get subjected to her nipple shots whilst she gazes into the camera weirdly for us all 😂

She wants to know if anyone lives in an eco village. She’s becoming a parody of herself.
What even is an eco village?

Dean must be on a decent wage for her to be able to work a few hours a week as a TA. She seems to be suggesting some kind of lifestyle where he doesn't work? How does she expect them to afford to live?

We all like the sound of not working, living a relaxed life, spending time with our families, etc. However, most of us also recognise that that isn't adult life. If you want food to eat, a roof over your head, and technology to peddle your smugness on Instagram, then that costs money and you need to work for it. She really needs to grow up.

• Heart
I’ve just done a quick google and from what I’ve gathered, living in an eco village is in the same vein as living an Amish lifestyle...self sufficient, living off the land, rejecting mass production of stuff etc, and focusing on the environment and sustainable living. Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, I only looked up one definition, I might have the wrong end of the stick!

But my point is - this doesn’t fit with Pea’s way of living at all? She’s never shown any interest in growing her own produce (that I can remember), she’s usually glued to her phone, and she’s constantly buying products that are bad for the environment - all that frozen, pre-chopped, plastic wrapped veg, and I’m still haunted by that giant roll of paper she got a while ago so she could stick it under ray’s high chair and bin it after meals so she didn’t have to clean the floor (must have been ages ago, don’t know why that stuck with me!)
The only way she’s slightly environmentally friendly is through being vegetarian, but that’s not exactly the reason she eats like that.

I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with buying pre-chopped, plastic wrapped food, for what it’s worth. I’ve got a whole load of sliced onions in my freezer. I just think she’s going on about wanting to live this amazing eco lifestyle where she can basically have dean quit his job and be at home 24/7, but she’s not actually made any changes in her life to head in that direction?

I don’t know, I might be going off on a tangent here. I just get the impression that she has this idea in her head of how she sees herself, and it’s actually vastly different to how she actually is, both as a parent and a human being in general.

Reactions: 8
I’ve just done a quick google and from what I’ve gathered, living in an eco village is in the same vein as living an Amish lifestyle...self sufficient, living off the land, rejecting mass production of stuff etc, and focusing on the environment and sustainable living. Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, I only looked up one definition, I might have the wrong end of the stick!

But my point is - this doesn’t fit with Pea’s way of living at all? She’s never shown any interest in growing her own produce (that I can remember), she’s usually glued to her phone, and she’s constantly buying products that are bad for the environment - all that frozen, pre-chopped, plastic wrapped veg, and I’m still haunted by that giant roll of paper she got a while ago so she could stick it under ray’s high chair and bin it after meals so she didn’t have to clean the floor (must have been ages ago, don’t know why that stuck with me!)
The only way she’s slightly environmentally friendly is through being vegetarian, but that’s not exactly the reason she eats like that.

I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with buying pre-chopped, plastic wrapped food, for what it’s worth. I’ve got a whole load of sliced onions in my freezer. I just think she’s going on about wanting to live this amazing eco lifestyle where she can basically have dean quit his job and be at home 24/7, but she’s not actually made any changes in her life to head in that direction?

I don’t know, I might be going off on a tangent here. I just get the impression that she has this idea in her head of how she sees herself, and it’s actually vastly different to how she actually is, both as a parent and a human being in general.
I totally agree, especially with that last part about how she sees herself. If that's how she really lived none of us would know who she is because she wouldn't be living her life through her phone.

Like I said, a lot of people probably like the sound of not working and spending all day floating around in nature, but most people need to work for a living.

I'm thinking she's pregnant, some family member has pointed out what we've been saying, that her parenting methods aren't really sustainable once you add a newborn to the mix, and she's spitting her dummy out and wanting to make some kind of point.

I totally agree, especially with that last part about how she sees herself. If that's how she really lived none of us would know who she is because she wouldn't be living her life through her phone.

Like I said, a lot of people probably like the sound of not working and spending all day floating around in nature, but most people need to work for a living.

I'm thinking she's pregnant, some family member has pointed out what we've been saying, that her parenting methods aren't really sustainable once you add a newborn to the mix, and she's spitting her dummy out and wanting to make some kind of point.

Well she’s not fallen out with her mum
She shares all the same “gentle parenting” tripe all over Facebook

maybe it’s deans family you never hear much about them

Well she’s not fallen out with her mum
She shares all the same “gentle parenting” tripe all over Facebook

maybe it’s deans family you never hear much about them

On the screenshot someone posted a couple of pages back, Pea had said that she and Dean felt no close connection to EITHER of their families! If I was her Mum reading that, I’d be very upset! Something has definitely happened there!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.