One Day of Winter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not close to their families? She's always given the impression she was close to her parents. I wonder if there have been some clashes over her refusal to discipline Raven and some of her funny ideas about parenting? 🤔

And there's no way that idea would work. Multiple parents all refusing to tell off their kids? The kids would be running the place within a week!

Does she not maybe consider that if she was a little less judgemental she might find some more groups to join in with, and friends to make. I bet she's alienated herself at groups in the past by being overly vocal about her views on parenting.

I thought this was odd too, she’s always seemed close to her Mum in particular and used to do lots of things with her, but she barely mentions her Mum at all now. Maybe you’re right that there have been disagreements on how Raven is being raised and she’s distanced herself from them. If this is the case, how bloody sad! I’ve had disagreements with my Mum-in-law in particular who is extremely overbearing, her and my FIL are the kind of people where if you’re not doing things their way, you’re doing it wrong, but I wouldn’t distance us from them, they’re still family at the end of the day! Pea does like to come across as this wonderful, relaxed parent, but in reality looks down on others who parent differently, and I’m guessing does not take criticism/unfavourable comments about what she’s doing well - I’m sure she’s alluded to feeling pressure from family in the past about them telling her she should be doing certain things differently

Reactions: 1
Everyone has an opinion on how you raise your kids. If everyone distanced themselves when their family disagreed alot of people would be alone.
It basically sounds like she wants someone else to raise her kids. Don't want to do night feeds alone etc? Well thank the lord she isn't a single parent.
She needs to get a grip. We all want to not work, not rush around etc but that's life. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 5
Aww duck off. See this is why I have issues with her, an otherwise very nice woman and by all accounts a good mum. It’s this fantasy world she lives in and the other bigger fantasy world she wants to live in. Not saying she’s completely oblivious to real life because as we all know life hit her in the most horrific of ways. It’s just like...bleeping deal with it. Most of us have to work, go to school, sometimes get home late, sometimes have crap dinners, sometimes spend time like ships passing in the night. That’s just life. You take your free time and make the best of it. You maybe look at ways to improve your day to day going’s on if you’re not happy with them. No moving to a commune with all the kids so happy playing in the mud and you cooking with all the mums. People are still people at the end of the day. A total cow is going to end up in your commune and you’re going to want to rip her hair out. Just life really.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
That group is absolutely mental. Women being given black eyes by their children and toddlers smacking newborns but ‘how do I deal with this in a gentle way’. You bleeping discipline them. You are enabling your child. Also, children hurting pets comes up frequently so yeah make of that what you will :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Also - there is a little village children go to and find a community - it’s called a school ;)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Now she wants to live in a commune with lots of other like minded gentle parents. Oh bore off Nicola 🙄
Ha! You know how things would actually go down if this happened. It wouldn’t be an idyllic place full of like minded parents and blissfully happy children, it would be full of disagreements and in-fighting. The “gentle parent” rules would keep changing. No one would ever feel like they could live up to the unattainable community standards. One mother would be witnessed telling her child off, then word would get back to the self-styled leaders and she’d be shunned/asked to leave. The children would all be beating the crap out of each other.

Basically, it would be like any crunchy mothering group on the Internet writ large 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Ha! You know how things would actually go down if this happened. It wouldn’t be an idyllic place full of like minded parents and blissfully happy children, it would be full of disagreements and in-fighting. The “gentle parent” rules would keep changing. No one would ever feel like they could live up to the unattainable community standards. One mother would be witnessed telling her child off, then word would get back to the self-styled leaders and she’d be shunned/asked to leave. The children would all be beating the crap out of each other.

Basically, it would be like any crunchy mothering group on the Internet writ large 😂
Omg yes 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I saw this sounds like hell 🤣🤣
First off she works 1 day a week so is hardly on the rat race, secondly Dean has to work all the hours to allow her to do that, thirdly, they never use the large dining table except when Dean is there because she knows full well Raven has all the control over her and if she refuses to sit at the table, she doesn't need to. She always feeds Raven on the floor.

She's an absolute bell end and those posts more than confirm it.

Christ on a bike, if she shags as good as she moans, Dean's in for a right treat.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Why do her and Raven sometimes (or all the time?) eat off the same plate?! It’s so weird. I can’t see what there is to gain parenting wise from that.

Reactions: 4
First off she works 1 day a week so is hardly on the rat race, secondly Dean has to work all the hours to allow her to do that, thirdly, they never use the large dining table except when Dean is there because she knows full well Raven has all the control over her and if she refuses to sit at the table, she doesn't need to. She always feeds Raven on the floor.

Christ on a bike, if she shags as good as she moans, Dean's in for a right treat.

Exactly, She’s moaning about having a ‘busy’ life and barely seeing Dean because he works long hours, she is ignorantly forgetting he’s working to keep them afloat - mortgage, bills, car, food etc, she is very very lucky, but she comes across as seriously ungrateful in that post! I’m very curious as to the comment about not having ‘close’ bonds with her family, I think that’s a bit crappy of her to say, if she feels that way, maybe she needs to look at herself and how she is acting towards them, as they’ve always seemed close to family, especially Pea and her Mum. I wonder what her family would think if they saw her saying that

Hahaha you’ve hit the nail on the head there! Christ what kind of state would she be in if she had to commute 5 days a week and arrange childcare like a lot of parents!

She also mentioned not wanting to have ‘rushed nursery drop offs’ when she’s made it very clear she has no intention of sending raven to nursery 🤔

I hate how she has made gentle parenting into ‘push over parenting’. It’s a norm to teach a child how to eat properly at a table. It doesn’t teach them to be a sheep, it’s something every person needs to do!
Looks like she doesn’t know much about Montessori. Its all about teaching them life skills early- like setting up their own table, pouring out their own drinks and serving themselves? Raven will find it difficult to think for herself, she is so used to Nicole just standing there with her nips at a ready!

Reactions: 4
“Is Montessori gentle?”

No, they beat them with sticks 🙄 But y’know, it’s cool, because everything is wooden in a Montessori classroom. Fits the ethos to a T.

I love that she’s going for Montessori over mainstream! That’s so typical of her. I bet she gets a fit of a vapours if anyone mentions a regular nursery or preschool.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.