One Day of Winter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’d love to know what she was like when she was younger, don’t ask me why, this woman fascinates me - probably because she’s the antithesis of me as a mum 🤷‍♀️😅
What makes you say that about her MH?
She just comes acrodd as really vacant at times.
I've suffered from bad depression in the past and I recognise the look.
She was just part of a huge crowd I used to go drinking with, she just seem normal.
Fun loving, a laugh - I didn't know her dead well though.
There's just something about her at the moment which strikes me as a bit off. 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 1
How has she not been changed from last night clothes? My kid is a tit sleeper but she has had a bedtime routine since she was born. Makes no f-ing difference but still she has to know when it’s night time/morning time. Raven does get a lot of attention, she will struggle at school when the attention is divided with 20 other children. However saying that she does play by herself well.

Didn't she roll all in the dirt/sand/grass in those clothes yesterday, sleep in them AND then wear them all day today ? I mean, I'm one for reusing clean clothes, but wow, that's a bit grim .

Reactions: 2
I've found my people! Initially I felt guilty for wanting to discuss onedayofwinter but I don't want to discuss her loss AT ALL. I want to discuss the fact I've seen more of her nipples than I have my own; that Raven always looks a little bit bedraggled; that Nicola is looking more and more haggard by the day...

What the hell was that last night... She woke up at midnight and she just played til 4.45am then Nicola is all 'shes gonna have a tough day today'... Erm... Did you even try to get her back to bed?

Also... With regards to her trying for another child... They share a bed, all three of them. When... How... Do they try? 😐

Reactions: 6
As if she left raven in the same clothes for almost 2 days without changing her 🤯 then dressed her in a tshirt ready for tomorrow, sorry that is not gentle parenting it's pure laziness.

I don’t understand what you mean.
Was just thinking the same. I’m a bereaved parent also, I don’t post pictures of my LO ‘all over the internet’ as they are all I have of him and are sacred to me. But have absolutely no problem with anyone else doing it. At all.

Reactions: 3
I just nosied at some of her older stuff. There is a video of Raven much younger trying to eat pebbles. Nicola tells her no then. But doesn't now... Now that she can understand more... Colour me baffled.

what the actual hell? Who does that get dressed the night before? Also why let her sleep at 1800? She’ll be up really early again! I don’t think dean gets a say at all about Raven. Or maybe they are just a naturally dirty family?

Im so confused, so let me get this right. We have zero to do tomorrow but to save her 2 seconds shes put Raven to bed in tomorrows top? More like Raven is a brat and screams at getting dressed. Also would you not tell your child to be nice to their toys and not throw them in mud? Pea is going to really really struggle with Rays behaviour when a new baby comes a long.

I've found my people! Initially I felt guilty for wanting to discuss onedayofwinter but I don't want to discuss her loss AT ALL. I want to discuss the fact I've seen more of her nipples than I have my own; that Raven always looks a little bit bedraggled; that Nicola is looking more and more haggard by the day...
I think women like Pea (and I cringe at that affected name!) actually kind of thrive on the martyrdom of being so bloody “child focused” 24/7. Someone I used to know (she was a sanctimonious, superior twit so I unfriended her on FB eventually) always used to moan on and on about her kid breastfeeding all night and how little sleep she got. Never mind the kid was four and didn’t need to spend all night breastfeeding. The solution was obvious, but she would not entertain the idea. Unthinkable!

Then she decided to wean the child when he was five and treated us to a “last photo” of him on the boob. Bearing in mind he was at school (I mean, he wasn’t at school at the time the photo was taken 🤣) it was a pretty... unusual sight.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I think women like Pea (and I cringe at that affected name!) actually kind of thrive on the martyrdom of being so bloody “child focused” 24/7. Someone I used to know (she was a sanctimonious, superior twit so I unfriended her on FB eventually) always used to moan on and on about her kid breastfeeding all night and how little sleep she got. Never mind the kid was four and didn’t need to spend all night breastfeeding. The solution was obvious, but she would not entertain the idea. Unthinkable!

Then she decided to wean the child when he was five and treated us to a “last photo” of him on the boob. Bearing in mind he was at school (I mean, he wasn’t at school at the time the photo was taken 🤣) it was a pretty... unusual sight.
I know someone similar in that respect but in every other way, she's great so it's s cross I must bear... For now 😂
I couldn't breastfeed. Just wasn't happening. My child was formula fed. He's fine. I'm sure he'd have been fine if I breastfed too and I would've if I could. I don't cringe when I see people out and about feeding their children, it's natural. What I can't be doing with is it being forced down my throat (bad choice of words?) From the privacy of her home. Enjoy the moment with your child. Do I think Raven's too old? Quite frankly, I don't care. But do I think she should be dissuaded from rolling about with a loooong nipple hanging from her teeth? Yes.

The getting dressed for the following day thing... I'm assuming the clothes are clean and she did say Raven had been bathed but she's done it because she's sick of getting changed for no reason? Who is? Nicola or Raven? Because if it's Raven...tough. And if it's Nicola... Oooo aren't you an alternative trendsetter... But come on! We're in lockdown, not much else to do, now is the perfect time to work on a smidgen of a routine. It's healthy, it can be happy, it'll help with getting some alone time with Dean... Why doesn't she want to?! Someone help me.

I also realise that the breastfeeding brigade would label me as someone who thinks it's unnatural etc etc just because I don't wish to see it ALL THE TIME

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I'm wondering if we FB knew the same person (I didn't know them IRL, had met them on FB groups) 🤔🤣

Was just thinking the same. I’m a bereaved parent also, I don’t post pictures of my LO ‘all over the internet’ as they are all I have of him and are sacred to me. But have absolutely no problem with anyone else doing it. At all.
I’m so sorry for your loss. I feel the same - I feel people need to earn the right to see photos of my wee girl, they need to show compassion and actually ask about her before I feel they should see her.

But then again perhaps photographs help with wider understanding amongst people who’ve never had to deal with such a bereavement, breaking the taboos, ignorant attitudes and even fears about what ‘forever babies’ do look like. So fair play to people who choose to do that. There’s nothing at all pointing towards mental illness or a ‘disorder’, just the sheer love and pain of a parent.

I’ve spoken on here before about One Day of Winter and really don’t want to unduly criticise her parenting, but I feel there’s a line to be drawn between being permissive as a conscious parenting ‘strategy’ and feeling compelled to have the child centre stage at all times, simply because they’re here with us and their sibling sadly is not.

Reactions: 5
I can't believe she filmed Raven whilst she was upset and then said "I want to be there for her, not filming her", is she for real?!

I can't believe she filmed Raven whilst she was upset and then said "I want to be there for her, not filming her", is she for real?!
She'd probably argue that she wanted to show that even gentle parenting isn't all smiles... Barf.

My daughter loves routine, it helps her little developing brain figure stuff out.
If we have a late night due to an event or something, she loves it but wants to know when bed time is.
I agree it can be happy, it gives them some control in a world so big.
As for dressing her for tomorrow - it's pure laziness. There are no cues, poor kid won't know what's going on.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.