One Day of Winter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Get ready guys! Shouldn't be too long until we get the nipple shot with her deranged smile floating above it.

This. For me, being a decent parent means making sure my little boy's belly is full (even if some days it's full of snacks), keeping him clean, keeping his clothes and shoes in the right size and in decent, clean condition, trying to teach him something new every day but not fretting if I don't and trying to keep a routine going, along with obviously keeping him safe from harm and loving him.

It doesn't mean never saying no, it doesn't mean talking like a moron, it doesn't mean neglecting myself to cater to every single whim and it doesn't mean allowing a tiny person to destroy my house. If that makes me... What's the opposite of gentle parenting? Then so be it.
Yes to this!! I have days when my son is dressed by 8am, we do crafts or bake & it's lovely & calm. Other days he is feral, he pushes his luck but he gets told no, he is not allowed to just run riot & do whatever he wants. Her parenting style is backfiring in a big way, she always looks like she needs a good wash & a decent nights sleep!

Reactions: 2
On a serious note Pea if you are reading this you seem shattered I can tell the lockdown is getting to you as it is for all of us with kids. Its ok to want a break from your child Raven is going to benefit from multiple attachments so if you need a break just go for a walk anything whatever you do to relax and leave her with Dean. It isnt going to harm her.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
On a serious note Pea if you are reading this you seem shattered I can tell the lockdown is getting to you as it is for all of us with kids. Its ok to want a break from your child Raven is going to benefit from multiple attachments so if you need a break just go for a walk anything whatever you do to relax and leave her with Dean. It isnt going to harm her.
I agree.
I have a friend, her little boy was 3 in Feb. He will not let his dad near him because she does everything.
She's a matyr at not taking a break.
It doesn't make you a bad parent to take a frickin break.
I buggered off to Paris last year for 4 days with my best friend.
I am an excellent parent, but I need a break, I need to be my own person for a while.
I really don't get this self punishment thing.

Reactions: 10
Paris for 4 days sounds magnificent.
I genuinely feel like I'm a better parent for having a break now and again. My patience is restored, I've missed him which reflects in our interactions...
I recently became a single parent and my son's dad hasn't seen him bar one video call in over 4 months. The guilt sets in massively but I know if I neglect myself, I neglect everything in a domino effect so I work very hard to keep myself above water and I believe (and this is hard for all parents, not just single ones) that I'm doing a good job. Most of the time. No one, I repeat, NO ONE is doing a good job 100% of the time and if you think you are, asking yourself how desperately you need a good night's sleep, a long bath or just to finish a meal in full, while it's hot.

There is NO SHAME in needing a little me-time. You don't need to bury yourself to look after a child well.

Oh dear. That sounds preachy. I'm just trying to say, if you're doing the best you can each day (and some days your best isn't as good as it was on other days), that's the most anyone can expect. And your child is grateful.

She looked gutted that her arm didn't bend the right way for her to film her nipple.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Anyone else jealous that her child slept for 15 hrs?!? 🙁😭😭😭 wish my girl did that! Don’t think she has ever slept longer than 10! 🤣🤣.

Up at 4am again?
Pea literally looks dead behind the eyes. Bet she wants to bloody strangle her when she hears her stirring at 4am 😂
' but obviously that's not what gentle parenting is about, so we will get up and do jigsaws and watch the little mermaid, even though my eyes are burning into my skull and it's still the middle of the night. Because queen Raven rules the roost '

Reactions: 7
First time poster here but oh my gosh I had to post something. That little girl is craving routine and her own space to sleep. Especially as we’re in lockdown at the moment and most norms have gone out of the window, now more than ever she needs some form of structure and routine. How can Nicola not see that.

I lost a baby around the same time as her and my rainbow child is 4 months older than Raven. I know exactly what it’s like to overcompensate with your second child. I must admit sometimes I still do. But I also realise you have to follow their lead with boundaries and routine as well. Raven is clearly crying out for boundaries and routine.

How could she possible keep this up if they have another child as well. She’ll end up having a nervous break down. I like Nicola, and I think she’s a good mum but she really needs to give herself a break and give Raven some bloody routine!!

Reactions: 10
WHY DO WE NEED EVIDENCE OF EVERY NAP, COMPLETE WITH RAVEN STILL LATCHED? It's not cute, it's not necessary.

Reactions: 6
Does anyone know how old she is? She's gone from looking to be in her early 20s to early 40s at least. She needs to eat and sleep so badly I feel sorry for her.

Reactions: 3
Another creepy video staring into the camera whilst breastfeeding... with her other nipple fully out on show 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.