One Day Of Winter #5 Bathroom locked, lentil slop, favouritism has to stop.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You’d have thought with Ember ‘falling’ off the sofa and panicking so much about that, it required a visit to A&E that she’d be careful. Just shows that she has no common sense AT ALL!
You'd think so wouldn't you 🙈 she really doesn't have any. Which is very worrying considering she's in charge of her children and worked/works in a school!

Reactions: 5
I was quite a "crunchy" mum, before I knew what it was. Cosleeping, cloth nappies, baby led weaning etc.

My kids and house were always clean, though. It's not normal to be that filthy.

Reactions: 7
I think it’s really stark how differently she parents both of those kids. Ember will be in her own room probably going to sleep on her own and weaned off milk before long. Not raven though.

• Angry
Reactions: 9
I think it’s really stark how differently she parents both of those kids. Ember will be in her own room probably going to sleep on her own and weaned off milk before long. Not raven though.
I wouldn't be surprised if she's already in another room. She's referred to "Daddy's room" before and how they take a kid each when they're both unsettled. I bet Ember spends a lot more time in "Daddy's room" than Nicola will ever reveal.

Reactions: 6
I was quite a "crunchy" mum, before I knew what it was. Cosleeping, cloth nappies, baby led weaning etc.

My kids and house were always clean, though. It's not normal to be that filthy.
Oh lord me too! I didn’t co sleep but we used cloth nappies (the government paid a grant) also did baby led weaning because it flowed that way. I didn’t know I was crunchy!! I wasn’t afraid of cleaning or keeping my house in order! X

Reactions: 3
I honestly find it mad - given her original situation with her first baby - that she’s so quick to put lovely baby Ember to one side. She of all people should surely be cherishing every moment with her. Raven won’t go anywhere. She’s a strange one.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Actually I agree with her there. I accept that rear facing is safer but it can be an intolerable experience for a lot of children. You have to weigh up the risks vs the benefits, right? For me, the tiny extra risk of forward facing was offset by the fact we don’t do a lot of long journeys. And the potential risk of crashing the car because my children are screaming and screaming was worse, quite honestly.

Reactions: 13
Actually I agree with her there. I accept that rear facing is safer but it can be an intolerable experience for a lot of children. You have to weigh up the risks vs the benefits, right? For me, the tiny extra risk of forward facing was offset by the fact we don’t do a lot of long journeys. And the potential risk of crashing the car because my children are screaming and screaming was worse, quite honestly.
also agree with you and her- don’t agree with the condescending “i buried one child” tone though didn’t see the need for that anywhere

To be honest I posted that not because I have particularly strong views on car seats but because of the hypocrisy of it. She can rationalise not doing 'the best thing' when it suits her, she can see the situation isn't black and white. But when it comes to other people's parenting - not so much.

But she will say it was Embers choice to wean and to go to sleep on her own 🤣

Reactions: 7
Dropping in the "I've buried one child" argument is disgusting. Losing a child is just beyond horrific, but it's not a card to play to win arguments! It just comes across as "I've suffered more than you so your opinion means nothing."

Also, that point about Raven not being able to cope if she couldn't see forwards is crap. Kids don't know seeing forwards is an option if they've never been in that position, or seen siblings etc forward facing. She went on about Raven hating the car seat, and the pram, from a very early age, when she would still have been in an infant carrier. She's said herself she assumed Ember would be the same, and she was surprised when that wasn't the case. I'm sure there was a post or story one day about sitting in the car for ages before actually setting off, waiting for Raven to make the choice to sit in her car seat, because she didn't want to force her to do something she didn't want to. 🙄🙄🙄

She's just trying to justify her own parenting choices again.

Reactions: 18
LOL at her sharing that petition for the woman whose child was taken away for medical malnutrition. That's right Pea, allowing your child to waste away on dwindling milk supply is actually a problem. I would say you've learned your lesson with Ember but let's be honest you've actually attempted to feed her. Kid is probably starving anyway as Raven is sucking you dry.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
LOL at her sharing that petition for the woman whose child was taken away for medical malnutrition. That's right Pea, allowing your child to waste away on dwindling milk supply is actually a problem. I would say you've learned your lesson with Ember but let's be honest you've actually attempted to feed her. Kid is probably starving anyway as Raven is sucking you dry.
this PISSES ME OFFFFF! the child protection system in the UK is by no means perfect but it is very different to the US.
all it does when people share this kind of stuff internationally is make people conflate the two systems making a really difficult job even harder: it’s like comparing the NHS to the US health system: couldn’t be more different?

shame she’s not sharing hard about the social worker who was just stabbed the other day in haringey 🤨

Reactions: 6
Just caught up with it. So he was 18 months old and still completely reliant on breastmilk for nutrition and fluids? Wouldn’t really eat solids or drink from a bottle or cup? Well I can see why it would look pretty bad when you present at A&E with a starving and dehydrated toddler because your milk has dried up.

ETA: I’m sure there’s racism at play though, and the mother was painted as too neglectful to give her child solid food, rather than “brainwashed by breastfeeding obsessives on the internet”.

Reactions: 15
Just caught up with it. So he was 18 months old and still completely reliant on breastmilk for nutrition and fluids? Wouldn’t really eat solids or drink from a bottle or cup? Well I can see why it would look pretty bad when you present at A&E with a starving and dehydrated toddler because your milk has dried up.

ETA: I’m sure there’s racism at play though, and the mother was painted as too neglectful to give her child solid food, rather than “brainwashed by breastfeeding obsessives on the internet”.
Jesus !!!

It *is* neglectful to either completely fail to teach your child to eat and drink, or to know they have problems doing so and not seek medical assistance until they are dehydrated. However I don't doubt the breastfeeding cult reassured her it was normal. Still neglect.

Bet a certain section of the internet loved this one. Pea must be fuming she couldn't tandem feed.

Attachments

• Sick
Reactions: 5