One Day Of Winter #4 Reading this thread ‘isn’t her jam’, meanwhile R's got the baby in a choke slam.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My friend said she makes comments all the time about “bad parenting” and they’re very condescending. In my opinion, if she’s been such a fantastic parent to Raven then why is Raven so aggressive to the point her mum has to hide in another room? Can’t say I know any other 4 year olds like that. Not such a perfect parent after all are you Pea.
Exactly this!

Reactions: 5
God, she’s so superior. I love the way she felt so guilty for shouting in anger when Raven was launching stuff at her (I’m guessing she was throwing things that were hard and heavy enough to hurt - N wouldn’t shout at being hit with cuddly toys) when, if you think about it, it’s a totally understandable reaction to a child doing that 🤷‍♀️

It’s OK to lose tour rag with your child! How else do they learn that they’ve massively overstepped the line? Taking the toddler approach (“we don’t throw things darling!”) clearly isn’t going to cut it.

Reactions: 9
I'm all for explaining calmly to a child that what they're doing is wrong, and why. However, there are times when the short, sharp shock of a telling off is necessary. If a child is putting themselves or others in danger, or are continuing after being asked to stop.

If any child is throwing things at people, especially a young baby, having been asked to stop, then I think a parent is perfectly justified in raising their voice to indicate enough is enough. Obviously I don't mean screaming in their face and scaring them, just turning up the volume slightly and being firm.

Reactions: 10
Major Dudley Dursley vibes from Damien. Poor ember locked in the under stairs cupboard for fear of enraging the demon.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
It such a privilege thing to say? Yes some people parent like this due to stress, how they were brought up, frustration the list is endless. The fact she feels the need to judge those who shout at their kids as lesser parent infuriates me.
Her comment really pissed me off because I used to parent like that. I was shouty all the time. But I had a mental illness and at least I was able to recognise that and get help rather than carry on the ridiculous charade Nicola does. She pretends everything is perfect but let’s be honest she isn’t coping and has obvious attachment issues around both children but in opposite ways (if that makes sense!)

She acts like she’s all ‘zero judgement’ on insta and all for everyone parenting their way but she judges everyone nine ways to Sunday and it’s blatantly obvious.

Reactions: 16
'Why do you refer to Ember as beautiful and Raven as Raven?'

A)....
B) classic avoidance tactic answering a question with a question
C) because we feel bleeping sorry for her! Because someone needs to say something nice about the forgotten child!

Reactions: 14
She's genuinely the epitome of those people who get their knickers in a twist anytime someone says something they don't agree with! She will never say, actually I can see it from your point of view, she gets defensive, blocks and deletes people or just ignores it completely.
This may sound harsh but I'm glad people are finally seeing through her and her crap!

Ew, polish soup. Do you think "famous author" means Polish? Not sure anyone would want to be eating Mr Sheen 🙈

Reactions: 2
Oh, I hate it when people call their children “toddlers” long past their second birthdays. I don’t know why but it really grinds my gears. It’s like they’re desperate to infantilise them because they can’t handle them growing up.

I'm glad others have said it. She is not a toddler any more.

I think the official age they stop being classed as toddlers by health professionals is their 3rd Birthday.

She's obviously written that to make a point.

Maybe it’s because she’s not really going to school, so Pea refuses to call it her. After her 4th birthday she’ll call her a home schooler instead of a preschooler! Strange woman

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.