One Day Of Winter #4 Reading this thread ‘isn’t her jam’, meanwhile R's got the baby in a choke slam.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Locked herself in the bathroom while her 3 year old throws things at her?!?!?!

What the actual duck?!?!
She says it so flippantly, as though it's perfectly normal to be held hostage by your child. Please note Nicola: it's not normal. Not at all.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I've always been a very gentle parent and I have teens now, but if they had ever dared to throw anything at me, hit me or pulled my hair, they'd be disciplined properly and wouldn't do it again. Not that they ever did.

Raven/Venom gets away with murder. She isn't a gentle parent in the slightest, she's a terrible parent. The child is almost four and she's acting like a young toddler.

Also, I WISH people like Nicola would stop playing down the word "trigger". It's a very serious mental health term and everyone who plays it down in this way helps towards how people with serious mental illnesses are now treated when they mention that they have triggers. With amusement and disdain. Cheers, Nicola.

Reactions: 19
The fact she thinks R’s behaviour is normal for a 3 year old is really worrying. Do you think she thinks every 3/4 year old does it?!

Reactions: 9
The fact she thinks R’s behaviour is normal for a 3 year old is really worrying. Do you think she thinks every 3/4 year old does it?!
I think she's convinced herself that Raven's behaviour is the same as every other kid her age, because she's in denial that she could have done a better job in some areas. She obviously had this image of what parenthood and her children would be like, and I don't think this is it.

Reactions: 8
Ravens behaviour seems really extreme to me. Children misbehave all the time and my little boy tried to smack/hurt etc when he was younger but he’s three and a half now and he wouldn’t dream of being so aggressive towards me. Although he’s still a little bugger, there are non negotiables with behaviour at that age as he understands right from wrong. Hiding in the bathroom?! Is she for real 🙈

I think it’s pretty extreme too.

I have a similar age gap between my two children, and my eldest did NOT adjust well to having a sibling. Did she ever hit and scratch and pull my hair? No. Did she ever throw things at me? Also no.

(Did she hit the baby? Yes… once 😅).

There’s a reason why Raven isn’t coping with not being the centre of N’s world anymore, and that’s because she was so used to having complete focus upon her from the moment she woke up until the moment she fell asleep.

Reactions: 8
Me too! It sounds so negative, almost like Ember crying is an inconvenience to her 🙄
Exactly. And I know it’s hard when you have those days where it feels like the crying never stops but those times fly by. I’d give anything to hear the cry of my kids just once more!

Reactions: 6
I wouldn’t class myself as a gentle parent, I have 2 girls, age 4 and almost 3. They know their boundaries and neither have never ever hit out, one has autism and her meltdowns can be intense but never violent at all.
there are 16 months between my girls and it’s been so hard but my eldest has never lashed out because her sister was squarking 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 5
Yet another rambling, "aren't I amazing?" post, where Raven's name appears multiple times and Ember is referred to as "the baby" pretty much the whole way through. 😒

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
Yet another rambling, "aren't I amazing?" post, where Raven's name appears multiple times and Ember is referred to as "the baby" pretty much the whole way through. 😒
I bet she doesn’t even realise she’s doing it. It must be so obvious in person which one she prefers

Reactions: 1
Honestly the more she posts, the more pointless she becomes.

Theres nothing unique about her despite what she thinks. The whole tired mommy thing has been done to death by others trying to cash in on it and let's face it, it's pretty much every mom in the world at some point!

She isn't, sadly, unique with her baby loss yet she acts like hers is the biggest grief in the world and no one elses can match it.

And yes, Nicola. We all know you resent Ember.

I’m so heartbroken for EMBER. In her recent IG post her name not mentioned once. Always “baby” she has a bleeping name

Reactions: 4
On her list of things she did to prove how ‘amazing’ she is, she forgot to add hiding from her 3 year old in the bathroom 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
She keeps writing about motherhood and the difficult days etc because she wants to become a parenting guru and not go back to work.
she also goes on play dates (with my friend and her children) and when Raven acts up she laughs mostly and it does come across that she thinks all children behave that way, even though she can clearly see in front of her that R is the only child behaving that way. My friend said that the older Raven gets, the more difficult she is becoming.

But hey, her 1 day at school and her 4 days home schooled by Pea will sort her right out come September …..

She lives in fairy land honestly. I find myself just rolling my eyes now when my friend talks about her or when I see her Instagram posts. She’s so desperate for some big Instagram influencer profile about parenting or another book, but as you’ve all said - who the hell would want parenting advice from her?? I think the devil himself would struggle with Raven. He’d be in the bathroom hiding with Pea 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.