One Day of Winter #3 Queen Raven still ruling the roost.... even the Pea has reproduced.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have lost a child. I'm also about to give birth in the middle of a pandemic, like Nicola. I do not regard myself as special in this way especially the giving birth in a pandemic because well Ember was planned. so was my child. We knew what we were getting ourselves in for with the pandemic.

This does not give Nicola the right or the golden pedestal to blatantly put her bratty 3 year old who should really be weaned by now in my opinion above her newborn baby that RELIES on her. Raven could pretty much start doing some thinks independently now or even start asking when she wants. I really think she is experiencing attachment issues with Ember due to the fact she looks like Winter and it breaks my heart to see. I really hope she realises or even a family member makes her realise before she forms no bond with this poor baby

Reactions: 16
Has anyone seen this? Her comment on the gentle parenting queens post about how cots and cribs are non essential. Paints a different picture than the one of her post on the gentle parenting Facebook page! I just donā€™t understand why she would be so false? ā€˜Weā€™re all very well restedā€™ what a load of CRAP.

*Edited for a typo šŸ˜¬

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Why does she have to hover over R and Dean when making the lollies, and directing when clearly Dean was trying to do it!

Reactions: 9
Has anyone seen this? Her comment on the gentle parenting queens post about how cots and cribs are non essential. Paints a different picture than the one of her post on the gentle parenting Facebook page! I just donā€™t understand why she would be so false? ā€˜Weā€™re all very well restedā€™ what a load of CRAP.

*Edited for a typo šŸ˜¬
Well sheā€™s lying somewhere because last I heard she was absolutely exhausted 24/7 and their entire sleep situation was a nightmare šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 10
Ember is getting so big already itā€™s mad how in those first weeks they start piling on the beef! I know itā€™s not a race thread however I am pleased to see sheā€™s out and about a lot. Pre birth (obviously third trimester is bleeping UGH so I get it) I was a bit concerned at how much she was ā€œmopingā€ around for want of a better term.

Also I didnā€™t and donā€™t co-sleep. The fear is too much for me although Iā€™m aware of safe practices. Fully respect those who do. It bugs me slightly though how a lot of the co-sleeping crew are so ā€œYeah itā€™s fine just do itā€ about the subject. NHS guidelines say not to do it donā€™t they? Or heavily imply you shouldnā€™t. NHS guidelines can of course be dated or ā€œwrongā€ or whatever but itā€™s just the lack of thought from the crunchy crew that gets me. Like thereā€™s a new mum or dad out there who wants to do it all by the book and youā€™re really blasĆ© about it.

Ember is getting so big already itā€™s mad how in those first weeks they start piling on the beef! I know itā€™s not a race thread however I am pleased to see sheā€™s out and about a lot. Pre birth (obviously third trimester is bleeping UGH so I get it) I was a bit concerned at how much she was ā€œmopingā€ around for want of a better term.

Also I didnā€™t and donā€™t co-sleep. The fear is too much for me although Iā€™m aware of safe practices. Fully respect those who do. It bugs me slightly though how a lot of the co-sleeping crew are so ā€œYeah itā€™s fine just do itā€ about the subject. NHS guidelines say not to do it donā€™t they? Or heavily imply you shouldnā€™t. NHS guidelines can of course be dated or ā€œwrongā€ or whatever but itā€™s just the lack of thought from the crunchy crew that gets me. Like thereā€™s a new mum or dad out there who wants to do it all by the book and youā€™re really blasĆ© about it.
I could never do it habitually because I am THE heaviest sleeper but the one night we tried because my son was ill, I just laid there staring at him all night terrified to fall asleep. I passed out around 5am and he rolled off the bed šŸ˜ I was not born for co-sleeping and my son absolutely loves his own room and space. He went into his own bedroom at 6 months and instantly slept better. Now at 3.5, he goes off to his room sometimes and loves his bedtime routine. I wish Nicola would try things outside her comfort zone for the sake of her kids. It might be better for her that they're all together but Raven gets not nearly enough sleep as it is and Dean has been relegated which can't be nice for him? :/

Reactions: 4

I had a look as I was curious, they donā€™t say donā€™t do it but they list some risks and reasons not to do it. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/baby/...uce-the-risk-of-sudden-infant-death-syndrome/

The Lullaby trust have guidelines on safe co sleeping, finally. https://www.lullabytrust.org.uk/safer-sleep-advice/co-sleeping/

Reactions: 1

*Edited for a typo šŸ˜¬

Why does she think she is a genius for puttint ember into a side cot? Surely most people do that? Put them into a next to me style cot? duck sake P. You didnt invite co sleeping...

Reactions: 7
I had a look as I was curious, they donā€™t say donā€™t do it but they list some risks and reasons not to do it. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/baby/...uce-the-risk-of-sudden-infant-death-syndrome/

The Lullaby trust have guidelines on safe co sleeping, finally. https://www.lullabytrust.org.uk/safer-sleep-advice/co-sleeping/
Ah I see! Thanks for the info and thatā€™s great about Lullaby Trust because theyā€™re so trusted and a go to place for solid advice. It definitely works for some (and in some cultures itā€™s the only way they do it) but I feel sometimes the co-sleeping crew are a bit like ā€œJUST DO IT WHY YOU EVEN WORRYINGā€.

Reactions: 1

*Edited for a typo šŸ˜¬
When will Dean be ā€˜allowedā€™ back in their (her) family bed?

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Have we seen her stories about her 'prep' for a nursery morning? Jesus Christ. How long does it take to get a bowl out of the cupboard in a morning?
And she layers Ravens clothes because she 'famously' hates getting dressed? Erm...
Nothing wrong with the prep overall I guess but she's so patronising. Is she the only mother ever to get clothes out the night before? And where the duck is Dean? He's on paternity leave but does nothing and has Nicola out with two kids in the morning... How much is her not allowing him to be involved and how much is him not bothering?

• Angry
  • Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.