One Day of Winter #2 Slop for dinner, nips on tap, Dads not allowed to help with naps!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
yes, but only for the first month with both.
I only ask as I am currently still feeding my 17 month old and am ready to stop soon, hoping that she self weans but sadly that looks unlikely. So I've done quite a lot of research about it all and the WHO recommend babies are fed until at least 2 and that there are still plenty of health benefits from feeding after the age of 1.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I only ask as I am currently still feeding my 17 month old and am ready to stop soon, hoping that she self weans but sadly that looks unlikely. So I've done quite a lot of research about it all and the WHO recommend babies are fed until at least 2 and that there are still plenty of health benefits from feeding after the age of 1.
I can imagine there’s definitely benefits - maybe it’s because the thought of breastfeeding once teeth are involved gives me the shudders! I know it’s totally individual.

Reactions: 4
Been lurking this thread as i follow her but something isn’t right since she had the baby

It’s the disgusting stained clothes! It looks like it’s a sleeping bag and if I’m wrong please correct me but I thought that newborns weren’t to wear sleeping bags?

Reactions: 7
So the baby didn’t have an unsettled night so that meant R got a good sleep. So unfair it’s dependant on whether the baby doesn’t cry at night as to whether R gets a proper sleep 😢 The child barely gets enough hours as it is going to bed at all hours.

Reactions: 5
Why are they letting that baby sleep in a disgusting stained sleeping bag. Also yesterday she pictured the baby with vomit all over her face and clothes, yet the baby was still pictured in them same clothes hours later. Also didnt think babies were to sleep in the bags unless they were over 10lb!

Reactions: 8
Why are they letting that baby sleep in a disgusting stained sleeping bag. Also yesterday she pictured the baby with vomit all over her face and clothes, yet the baby was still pictured in them same clothes hours later. Also didnt think babies were to sleep in the bags unless they were over 10lb!
The picture yesterday with the sick over her face was disgusting. You wouldn’t picture a toddler with sick over their face so why is it ok for a newborn?

Nicola has said on her post that Ember looks exactly like winter. I’m thinking ptsd
I’ve had bereavement in my life (brother & Dad before I was 18) but not like Pea. I cannot imagine the depths of pain you must go to at losing your child so that must be a complete headfuck.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
They're not meant to be in a sleeping bag. I'm expecting my first and have been warned by my midwife about sleeping bags until he is big enough

Reactions: 3
They're not meant to be in a sleeping bag. I'm expecting my first and have been warned by my midwife about sleeping bags until he is big enough
Some sleeping bags are for smaller weights, my 2 were about born at 9lb ish and thier sleeping bags were 7lbs+

I also came to say about her mentioning of ember looking like winter... perhaps that is why she isnt bonding well with baby? She does look alot like him nothing like raven.

Reactions: 2
As long as the baby's head is big enough to not fit through the opening then sleeping bags are fine. Some sleeping bags go.from 7lbs or something

What concerns me more is on one of her posts she said she follows all the lullaby trust sleeping guidelines having lost a baby themselves. But if she did she would know that no bumpers are safe even air mesh ones

Reactions: 6
I feel like after Winter, they tried to conceive quickly (im not judging just stating facts) then had a miscarriage (or two I'm not 100% sure), then Raven was conceived and born healthy and well. So all of those mixed feelings were all projected onto this miracle baby Raven who was born well and taken home.
But it's like she's almost become this holy grail that's become untouchable, and everyone and everything comes second to her.
I understand wanting to give your child the world, I've also lost a child so I know how that feels, but there comes a point where you have to realise that you're absolutely smothering your child with the way you're raising her and keeping her as close to you as possible all the time and not letting her grow up. It's got to the point that it's at the detriment of others, including her brand new baby sister and thats really not fair.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Is ember even feeding in this picture? I am breastfeeding my 8 month old and have only ever been able to do the rugby hold position...but...she just looks too high up to me to be feeding?
I thought the positioning looked off too.

I am quite disturbed by her posts tbh. I hope the reality isn’t as bad as it looks.

She looked so vacant didn’t she, it actually made me sad seeing that, she didn’t appear happy! She says that she’s snuggling the baby in the photo, that’s not a snuggle to me, it kinda seems like she’s a bit disconnected from the baby in a way! When my little boy was newborn he was constantly being snuggled with him on my chest and actually hugging him, this just seems a bit off.
Yep when I had my little boy too he was always on my chest and just being hugged, I feel bad that she seems very distant and vacant.

Reactions: 4
The baby looks very jaundice, her eyes looked yellow in that last post. I hope not.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.