One Day of Winter #2 Slop for dinner, nips on tap, Dads not allowed to help with naps!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Coincidence that we mentioned the crappy baby carrier she was using the other day and now she's dug out the wrap?

Reactions: 4
Each to their own but I could not of spent that much time out and about in that first week, the milk, the blood, sitting down 😬. I just think it’s really odd he can’t drive too, that would be such a turn off for me. Surely in the 10+ years they have been together there would of been time for him to learn?

Reactions: 10
And again, barely holding Ember. Why does she always start her videos with a shot of herself before panning slowly to whichever kid is stuck on her tit/laid on her lap?

Reactions: 3
The video of her crying. I don’t know whether I want to hug her or shake her. Give yourself a break woman. You’re not superwoman, you’re human. Having a baby is HARD.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
The video of her crying. I don’t know whether I want to hug her or shake her. Give yourself a break woman. You’re not superwoman, you’re human. Having a baby is HARD.
Yep those baby blues are a witch. That’s what always puts me off having a third.

Reactions: 3
She looks so withdrawn. PP hormones is a witch. I really hope she gives herself a break.

Reactions: 1
I saw it and I really hope she’s okay ❤ Those emotions in the first week are something else, and for her to have grief on top of that - my heart goes out to her.

She needs, needs, NEEDS to rest. Sleep during the day when Ember does. Yes that is harder with an older child but Raven can be left with Dean. He’s her father. She will be fine. Nicola has said before she never lets her out of her sight and I worry that will be her downfall here 😞

You can’t sustain this level of selflessness. It’s destructive and she’s going to burn out.

Reactions: 12
I saw it and I really hope she’s okay ❤ Those emotions in the first week are something else, and for her to have grief on top of that - my heart goes out to her.

She needs, needs, NEEDS to rest. Sleep during the day when Ember does. Yes that is harder with an older child but Raven can be left with Dean. He’s her father. She will be fine. Nicola has said before she never lets her out of her sight and I worry that will be her downfall here 😞

You can’t sustain this level of selflessness. It’s destructive and she’s going to burn out.
i think this is where the crunchiest parents get it wrong- for me being like this with your kid isn’t selfless; i don’t mean to sound nasty given everything she’s been through, i think a lot of her parenting choices are as a result of her experiences and a lot of the things she does are to meet her own needs and provide reassurance to herself.
depriving your child of significant relationships with other adults around them is really unhealthy and not selfless at all imo

She really needs to take the opportunity presented by HonkHat's paternity leave to get in as much rest as possible because he'll be back at work in a matter of days and she'll not get to eat or sleep or wash and she's already undernourished, exhausted and a bit grubby and this combination can only worsen the feelings that come postpartum. Combined with the confusion of the mix of grief and relief at having another baby brought home, she is going to have a breakdown. It seems like a fact now rather than a possibility.

Reactions: 8
Bless her, those pp hormones are absolutely wild. It hits me like a tonne of bricks every time. Hope she’s ok, she needs to look after herself a little more and stop trying to do everything

Reactions: 6
The video made me feel sad. Why is she filming it? She’s been through a lot she has nothing to prove.
She needs to just do nothing for a few days. It’s not as Raven is not used to being inside for a few days, dean can still take her for a walk.
Baby blues are tough, day three hit me like a bus. Sobbed all night and I thought I was broken!

Her last video oh my. Ember does seem to look a lot more like Winter than Raven and I can imagine that is an absolute head duck. She needs a hug and someone to put her to bed with a cup of tea and Dean & Raven to go out. The thing is she DESERVES rest she doesn’t want to give it to herself, I think she needs to be near and with Raven over and above everything else.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.