One Day of Winter #2 Slop for dinner, nips on tap, Dads not allowed to help with naps!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The baby looks very jaundice, her eyes looked yellow in that last post. I hope not.
I agree. The whites of her eyes aren’t white. I really hope she isn’t forgoing treatment to stay with Raven.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Watching the last story I'm just shouting at my phone 'but the bloody pram hood down!' the baby looks awfully yellow and the first port of call for signs of jaundice should be offering extra feeds and lots and lots of natural sunlight especially if you want to avoided it worsening to the point of needing light therapy! So infuriating that she either doesn't know or just isn't bothered by the absolute basics of a newborn.

Reactions: 4
Why won’t she just leave them for half an hour and go be with the baby? Her eyes look quite yellow... she’s doing way too much. She has a need to be with Raven at all times, even though Dean is there!

Reactions: 6
Yep when I had my little boy too he was always on my chest and just being hugged, I feel bad that she seems very distant and vacant.
Exactly, it’s that warmth of holding them near that is very lacking at the moment, and I just can’t understand why she’s not ‘cuddling’ her, she’s just holding her in a very cold way!

Why won't she hold Ember properly?!

It’s so odd isn’t it, babies love skin to skin contact and hearing your heartbeat, she’s just literally laying flat in her lap with one of Peas arms limply supporting her. It’s not an affectionate way to hold your newborn, she seems very detached from her.
Pea, Cuddle your bloody baby ffs!

Watching the last story I'm just shouting at my phone 'but the bloody pram hood down!' the baby looks awfully yellow and the first port of call for signs of jaundice should be offering extra feeds and lots and lots of natural sunlight especially if you want to avoided it worsening to the point of needing light therapy! So infuriating that she either doesn't know or just isn't bothered by the absolute basics of a newborn.

Hopefully someone will pick up on this (midwife, health visitor etc) she seems very disinterested so far in the baby, so I hope someone says something soon, because she’s obviously oblivious at this point!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Long time lurker on this thread and first time commenting. I have felt really conflicted about Nicola..she was one of the first accounts I followed after experiencing the loss of my son at 17 weeks. My heart absolutely broke for her when she lost Winter and I was overjoyed when she had a healthy R. I eventually unfollowed as I found the breastfeeding shots just too much (R was around 2). I recently had my third (second healthy) baby so I am still all full of baby hormones so I might being abit extreme here but it’s actually really upsetting me to see Ember being treated this way. I know she’s not harming her etc but when I think of how I treated my precious babies and Ember just doesn’t like she’s getting the same love 😢 What a beautiful baby girl aswell 💖

Reactions: 12
Haven’t commented for a few days because to be honest I think it’s too early to say whether Nicola is struggling to bond with Ember. We only see snippets of their day and she could be cuddling her constantly when she’s not filming. I find it hard to believe Nicola could be detached from her because she is so obsessed with Raven, I don’t think she will treat Ember differently - they’re probably just adjusting to having a new baby in the house.

However, I’m not surprised the sleep space is causing problems, that was bound to happen. Babies cry, that was always going to be a problem with another child in the bed too.

Also found the use of the pram today surprising, I thought she would be 100% crunchy and using the sling 24/7? And why couldn’t she just let Dean and Raven go out and stay at home with the baby? She’s said she’s in a lot of pain, she needs to rest. She’s already running on empty giving every part of herself to Raven, she’s going to be in an even worse way doing it with two kids. She needs to find a balance now and let Dean take over from time to time.

Lastly 😅 I know a lot of people have said about midwives and health visitors stepping in, but Nicola’s type do NOT listen to health professionals, they think they know best and everyone else just doesn’t understand their parenting style 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 15
Haven’t commented for a few days because to be honest I think it’s too early to say whether Nicola is struggling to bond with Ember. We only see snippets of their day and she could be cuddling her constantly when she’s not filming. I find it hard to believe Nicola could be detached from her because she is so obsessed with Raven, I don’t think she will treat Ember differently - they’re probably just adjusting to having a new baby in the house.

However, I’m not surprised the sleep space is causing problems, that was bound to happen. Babies cry, that was always going to be a problem with another child in the bed too.

Also found the use of the pram today surprising, I thought she would be 100% crunchy and using the sling 24/7? And why couldn’t she just let Dean and Raven go out and stay at home with the baby? She’s said she’s in a lot of pain, she needs to rest. She’s already running on empty giving every part of herself to Raven, she’s going to be in an even worse way doing it with two kids. She needs to find a balance now and let Dean take over from time to time.

Lastly 😅 I know a lot of people have said about midwives and health visitors stepping in, but Nicola’s type do NOT listen to health professionals, they think they know best and everyone else just doesn’t understand their parenting style 🤷‍♀️
Completely agree with this. That sleeping arrangement won’t last surely. Also if she gave R a proper bedtime she would have a few hours at night to rest and bond with the baby. The sleeping situation can’t last though. It really is my idea of a nightmare 😂

Reactions: 4
Do you think Dean is secretly bald?! It’s weird to wear a hat inside at nighttime or am I the weird one? Nothing wrong with baldness just seems like maybe he hides something with the hat. Maybe he keeps things in it? Like Mac Donald’s takeaways or something
Do you think he's completely bald and the hair you see is actually attached to his hat to give the impression of hair?!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I don't know much about the bonding business, so I can't really comment on that. I'll be honest, I did wonder if she was holding the baby in weird positions because she was also juggling her phone trying to get those perfect tandem feeding shots 😬

Reactions: 1
I wonder if she is trying to ‘carry on as normal’ for Raven- getting up with her, dressing her, making meals, taking her out etc. I also wonder if they drove to a park today (Dean can’t drive- she’s mentioned this). She should really be making the most of Dean’s paternity leave and having lie in’s while she can and spending as much time cuddled up on the sofa letting Dean get on with everything else for now! She will find it hard when he’s back at work and she has to be up/ organised when the tiredness truly kicks in 😫

Reactions: 6
I actually think fair play to her for getting up and getting out today. Sometimes a few days after a natural birth going for a stroll around a park can be really refreshing and feel good and as I said previously that baby needed some sunlight today after seeing her yellow eyes.
But yes when at home she should definitely be leaving raven and Dean to it so she can really get that strong established bond before Dean goes back to work.

Reactions: 7
It’s all about those crunchy tandem feeding shots! I just hope she isn’t going to burn herself out, however straightforward the birth was, it takes it’s toll on the body as does establishing breastfeeding. Rest is so important, her milk supply and her energy & well-being will suffer otherwise.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.