One Day of Winter #2 Slop for dinner, nips on tap, Dads not allowed to help with naps!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She wants people to back her up so she can go to Dean and say "look at all these people who agree with me."

Reactions: 5
100% with Dean on this one! Raven needs to know that her behaviour is not acceptable & has consequences! I don't agree that this is "normal" behaviour. My son is very loud & confident but he has never hit anyone because we have instilled in him that he has to share & he has been given discipline & boundaries! I actually feel sorry for Raven, god knows how she will cope when the new baby arrives

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I’m interested to see what the replies were to the post - were they mostly agreeing with pea or dean?

Reactions: 2
Urgh.
Whether she likes it or not, the lack of consequences in her parenting have caused this. Yes, it's normal developmental behaviour, however isn't it our job as parents to show our children which behaviour is acceptable and which isn't?
To teach them that actions have consequences and cause and effect?
She's digging herself a hole.
Also bugs me that she thinks ravens speech is great 🤷‍♀️
Also the video with the salt dough - can't she just ever let her play? Why is everything an educational activity? Children learn through play ffs

Urgh.
Whether she likes it or not, the lack of consequences in her parenting have caused this. Yes, it's normal developmental behaviour, however isn't it our job as parents to show our children which behaviour is acceptable and which isn't?
To teach them that actions have consequences and cause and effect?
She's digging herself a hole.
Also bugs me that she thinks ravens speech is great 🤷‍♀️
Also the video with the salt dough - can't she just ever let her play? Why is everything an educational activity? Children learn through play ffs
i thought this!!! why is she trying to make her read 😫 completely against the gentle parenting premise of letting the child lead

i thought this!!! why is she trying to make her read 😫 completely against the gentle parenting premise of letting the child lead
She clearly isn’t ready or interested in reading anyways going by that video..why push it 🤷🏻‍♀️

She definitely needs to start giving out consequences for Ravens behaviour. It’s not acceptable that she now thinks she rules the roost in nursery and is running about hitting teachers and kids. That’s what happens when your child has no rules and has been the boss at home. I hate this whole gentle parenting idea that you can’t tell your kids no 🤦🏻‍♀️

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I'm sorry but what 3 year old knows the word calamity never mind know how to spell it!

Screenshot_20201010-235900_Instagram.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Is it just me that thinks it’s weird to use a baby monitor with a 3 year old? 😂 my daughter was in her own room at that age and capable of just coming downstairs on her own if she needed anything 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 7
Is it just me that thinks it’s weird to use a baby monitor with a 3 year old? 😂 my daughter was in her own room at that age and capable of just coming downstairs on her own if she needed anything 🤷‍♀️
it’s not something we’ve done, being mindful that she might be particularly anxious about nights tho as a parent who has experienced loss x

P’s just really desperate to prove that her parenting methods are paying off and R is some sort of genius child. All the massive sacrifices she’s made in terms of no sleep, constant breastfeeding, no boundaries etc... it’s hard on her even though she’d never admit it.

P just has to convince herself that it’s all been worth it and, by extension, she wants other people to be so impressed with her “gifted” child and how it reflects upon her as a parent 😄

Reactions: 7
I had to leave that gentle parenting group (something I was initially interested in) because literally every post was just head pats and 'you do you mama' rather than actual advice. There is also a great deal of low key shaming of mothers who can't / don't want to breastfeed.

• Sad
I joined it just so I could see the responses to pea’s post, and surprise surprise they’re all praising her and saying it’s normal for a kid to lash out and hit others and the only reason dean is upset by it is because he’s allowing his internalised ideas about society get into his head.
I can really see this type of thing driving a wedge between pea and dean...I’d personally be quite offended if my other half reached out to some random people on the internet just to prove that I’m wrong...

Should also mention that about 95% of posts on that page are people asking for help with dealing with their nightmare children...seems a common theme amongst the crunchy community that they have no idea how to cope once their precious offspring meets the real world for the first time...a looooot of little shits out there it would appear haha

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I joined it just so I could see the responses to pea’s post, and surprise surprise they’re all praising her and saying it’s normal for a kid to lash out and hit others and the only reason dean is upset by it is because he’s allowing his internalised ideas about society get into his head.
I can really see this type of thing driving a wedge between pea and dean...I’d personally be quite offended if my other half reached out to some random people on the internet just to prove that I’m wrong...

Should also mention that about 95% of posts on that page are people asking for help with dealing with their nightmare children...seems a common theme amongst the crunchy community that they have no idea how to cope once their precious offspring meets the real world for the first time...a looooot of little shits out there it would appear haha
Wow, these people just have no clue do they, all raising a bunch of entitled, spoiled brats who will grow up thinking they should always get their own way, and will throw a strop when they don’t! How is that equipping them with life skills and respect for other people, if they’re taught they can do what they want and get away with it without facing any consequences. I feel sorry for the kids and teachers who come into contact with these little brats.

Reactions: 6
Wow Pea’s latest story, even Raven’s crying out for ‘routine’ poor kid has had to teach it herself. How can you be ‘too lazy’ to put your child to bed when you don’t even work 1 hour a week!? Just bath your child, stick her in some fresh PJ’s and put her to bed with a story? Its obviously what she wants!
Because its not pea’s way she doesn’t like it.

Reactions: 6
Oh shut the duck up Nicola. Bed times been easy has it? Bet Dean doesn't think so when he gets in from a long day and has to wait for Raven to decide that she wants to he done playing then get into his filthy bed with his unwashed wife and his child who won't wear clean pyjamas...
She's 'shocked' by a 'traditional' bedtime... duck off, you condescending twit. 'we don't have to be anywhere'. No but your husband might. He needs to get a backbone and tell her all the bits of this crap that he doesn't agree with because Nicola is taking the piss and Raven is becoming a brat. And her behaviour isn't strictly normal developmentally. My son is Raven's age almost exactly and knows not to hit, children or adults, and has never been so spoilt to be frustrated enough to bite his own hands when he doesn't get what he wants. She's a nutjob.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Nicola said a couple of weeks ago that Raven said she no longer was getting milk out of her itty bitty titties,so when she asks for milk at bedtime why doesn’t she give it in a cup ?? Also who is the parent here if Raven wants a bath if Raven wants dirty clothes on that she’s had on all day in bed etc

Of course bed time is “easy” when you have no routine or structure, no pyjamas or vague set bedtime, you just sit around downstairs waiting for your child to get so exhausted they fall asleep on the sofa 👍

Isn’t it funny: if a working class single mum, living in poverty, deprived background etc parented like that, it would be seen as borderline neglectful. But when it gets co-opted by more educated, more middle class women, it’s a sign of how you’re totally child-led and completely devoted to their needs 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I just don’t know how she’s going to cope when the baby comes. I’m honestly having a nervous breakdown most days with my 3yr and 18month old. And that’s with lots of structure and a 7.30pm bedtime. I can’t imagine how stressful it’s going to be when she has a mobile baby and a child that doesn’t understand boundaries.

In her Facebook post she comments on how fantastic Ray’s speech is and how she can communicate her feelings very well. Yet she bites out of frustration? She is essentially a brat that doesn’t know boundaries. My LO got bitten at nursery, I was absolutely furious. The nursery has a ‘no biting’ policy, it’s a serious incident where parents are spoken to. They monitor the child and won’t let the child alone with another one. I’d be so embarrassed if that was my child who needed special treatment because of my lack of discipline!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.