One Day of Winter #2 Slop for dinner, nips on tap, Dads not allowed to help with naps!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ahhh see I don't know anything about reuseables, I was just guessing what the other poster might have been getting at.
Dean may not be allowed to touch the bin, depends how Raven is feeling...

She's on one this morning... Everyone seen the post about how kind Raven is? Let me just say, my child is pretty much exactly Raven's age and he would also try to comfort me etc if I was sad. But he is told no, he has manners, he doesn't bite or hit or throw. I could go on. Raven's reaction to Pea being upset is not a direct result of her parenting style and doesn't make allowing crappy behaviour OK. Soz Pea.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I imagine the inserts go straight in the bin though so it would be more akin to a pile of knickers than a pile of nappies.

They do, they have liners in which catch poo that you get rid of, and then you literally put the nappy in the washing machine. You don’t Chuck a fully soiled nappy into a nappy bin, they’re really simple to sort out!

Reactions: 1
The comment I made about the nappies was more about her keeping on top of washing them etc, rather than me saying they’re unhygienic in general, and they’re obviously better for the environment - I didn’t realise they had liners to catch the big stuff. My worry was, like someone else said, they would be piled up for a while.

Reactions: 1
I have to agree with some of the nappy comments. I love the idea of reusable nappies, but this woman can't even bath one kid and get her in clean pyjamas at night. Do we really think that she'll manage to keep on top of washing nappies when she's got 2 kids to look after? Having said that, I don't think she'll admit to it if she does struggle to keep on top of washing them, so we'll probably never know.

Reactions: 4
She's on one this morning... Everyone seen the post about how kind Raven is? Let me just say, my child is pretty much exactly Raven's age and he would also try to comfort me etc if I was sad. But he is told no, he has manners, he doesn't bite or hit or throw. I could go on. Raven's reaction to Pea being upset is not a direct result of her parenting style and doesn't make allowing crappy behaviour OK. Soz Pea.
Sooo self righteous, couldn’t stop rolling my eyes reading that. She tells a very different story about ravens behaviour on Instagram than she does on Facebook!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Sooo self righteous, couldn’t stop rolling my eyes reading that. She tells a very different story about ravens behaviour on Instagram than she does on Facebook!
Exactly! Not mention of her three year olds throwing and hitting habits, and her shouting at Dean

But yeah, she’s so proud 🙄

Reactions: 2
What makes you think that? (Not saying I necessarily disagree by the way)
She has no happiness or enthusiasm in her posts for anything. I don't doubt for one minute she has depression a minumum.

The house is a mess, her and Raven look like they need a decent wash and decent meal, the food they eat is lazy slop, she doesn't get dressed, Raven only gets dressed on nursery days and isn't stepping foot outside.

And that's just based on what she shares. She's actually a terribly lazy parent yet thinks she's superior. I just don't like her at all.

We all take shortcuts in parenting and pick an easy option for a quiet life at times lately but she's just something else.

Yes I get she's pregnant, yes I know late stage pregnancy is difficult and yes Raven is, leta face it, a nightmare child, despite what she thinks.

Hopefully things will be picked up on now midwives will be involved.

Dean can also put the nappies on to wash. They’re really not unhygienic or smelly!
They definitely aren't but she strikes me as the sort to leave dirty washing here there and everywhere and I wouldn't be at all surprised if she left the nappies lying around till she could be bothered or Dean gets home from work, whichever happens first.

There's a sense of bad hygiene that comes across from all of them and their house. The sort of house where you refuse a drink and wipe your feet on the way out

Reactions: 5
Also here to disagree about the cloth nappies. Even for the likes pea they can be more than manageable, in fact I find them less smelly and gross than normal nappies. As someone said as soon as you dispose of the liner unless there has been a poonami it's literally just like a pair of knickers.
Either way, my worry for pea and her mental health is she seems to do absolutely nothing solely for herself any more. No Buddhism, no piano lessons, no fun hair etc she has completely lost her individual identity. Every aspect of peas identity is wrapped up in parenting and Raven and I whole heartedly believe and have experienced just how detrimental that can be.
It's not gonna happen but I do wish she'd take just an hour or two a week that is solely about her. I think it'd make the world of difference. But realistically she won't because then how would she martyr herself.

• Heart
Ahhh see I don't know anything about reuseables, I was just guessing what the other poster might have been getting at.
Dean may not be allowed to touch the bin, depends how Raven is feeling...

the start of this message has cracked me up 🤣🤣🤣 dean might not be allowed to touch the bin hahaha.
But I agree. My niece is ravens age and my sister and her partner are very firm with her if she misbehaves (which is very rare). I went to my sisters house crying a few months ago and my niece sat me down and comforted me so much, I couldn’t believe it. She is also an absolute joy at nursery and the teachers are always saying what a kind soul she is. So ravens actions when pea threw a “tantrum” has nothing to do with her “gentle” parenting. She’s a prick and Raven is a brat. End of.

Why is Raven going to nursery in the midst of a global pandemic when Nicola (I refuse to call her Pea) is at home all day?

1820 deaths today. Today. One day.

Reactions: 8
Wait did Ray go to nursery? 🧐 how many times can she drop it in, in a day?

Look at me, breastfeeding my grown ass daughter whilst she signs for her first mortgage. This is Pea in 25 years. She will not let that girl let go. It infuriates me so much and I'm not sure why. I think Pea's manic smile tips it tbh.

Reactions: 10
She's been reading here. People discuss her looking thin and needing to eat, she makes a point about eating beans and mash because her body is telling her to.

She's been reading here. People discuss her looking thin and needing to eat, she makes a point about eating beans and mash because her body is telling her to.
Are her teeth made of jelly? She never eats anything that's not basically liquid

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Why is Raven going to nursery in the midst of a global pandemic when Nicola (I refuse to call her Pea) is at home all day?

I thought the same, I feel awful that my daughter is still going, but were both keyworkers and working full time so i have no choice, cant believe she is sending her when shes just sat at home- also cant believe nursery are allowing it.

Reactions: 2

I know so many people who are sending their kids in because they can, even if neither parent is a keyworker! Nurseries shouldn’t allow it. They’re closed here in Scotland unless your kid is vulnerable or both parents are keyworkers.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.