One Day of Winter #2 Slop for dinner, nips on tap, Dads not allowed to help with naps!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You’re supposed to put weight on when pregnant. Women who claim they only gained 10lbs and snapped back into their pre-pregnancy jeans are the outliers. P looks so thin she clearly hasn’t been eating enough, or looking after herself more generally. It is sad.

I know you’re supposed to put on weight when pregnant, that’s why I said she doesn’t look like she’s put on any weight, other than her bump! But I agree, she clearly isn’t looking after herself!

Yes, my child is about ages with Raven and she’s not dry at night.

I think, whatever you think of her, she places her own desires very low on the list, if at all.

I beg to differ. She puts her needs first- extended breastfeeding- raven is evidently ready to wean but she is still shoving her sausage nips in her mouth. Routine- Raven has expressed wanting a bedtime routine, structure. But this means Pea actually having to tell raven to do something she may at the time does not want to do. Pea does things to make herself look good and give her an easy life, even it means raven has been raised to ve spoilt brat!
Also dean has expressed how he doesnt want to be on her social media yet she still creeping and posting videos of him. So SHE can pretend that raven and him have a normal relationship.

I know you’re supposed to put on weight when pregnant, that’s why I said she doesn’t look like she’s put on any weight, other than her bump! But I agree, she clearly isn’t looking after herself!

She eats slop all day, i doubt its very calorific! She also still breastfeed which burns calories too..and all those long country walks she does, because its just outside her house!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Oh I wasn’t contradicting your post at all (even though it looked like I was - sorry!) just musing generally about pregnancy weight gain and how it’s demonised sometimes.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
My 6 year old is only just out of nappies. I tried everything since he was dry in the day at 2. Lifting him didn't work, a wet alarm didn't work. Nothing worked. He did it naturally and I'm expecting the same from my 4 Yr old.
The thing is you have tried. I’m sure Pea hasnt....

Reactions: 1
Bloody hell, I tried. I took him to the Dr, bought mattress pads and let him just wee to see if that would do the trick, like I said, wet alarm - which he slept through. I'd lift him at 10:30 by 2am he'd be wet 🙈

Nah sorry, night dryness isn’t a question of trying hard enough, especially in a three year old. I kept mine in nappies until they consistently woke up dry, then stopped. I’m sure that’s fairly standard.

Reactions: 12
Oh I wasn’t contradicting your post at all (even though it looked like I was - sorry!) just musing generally about pregnancy weight gain and how it’s demonised sometimes.

No worries ☺ I will never understand why weight gain during pregnancy is frowned upon, I’m 23 weeks and have put on so much weight on my arse and thighs, my face resembles a moon - but I’m growing 2 people. You’re eating more to keep up with the growth, and to prepare your body for birth, it’s just shocking that Pea looks like there’s nothing on her, I felt genuinely worried for her health looking at that photo earlier and the amount of people commenting saying she looked amazing - she doesn’t, anyone with eyes can see that!

I just scrolled back to see her before and it’s a bit sad really. I mean of course when you’re a mum you don’t have time for yourself like before but there are still some moments you do but for her it just seems all consuming and I hope she is ok, genuinely I do because it’s worrying. Like most women, her Instagram before was full of some full make up hair done pics and some no make up hair up in a bun looking messy pics. Totally normal. Mine is probably the same, some days I take care of myself and some days I don’t, some days I don’t want to speak to anyone and just ‘mum’ and some days I go on zoom and get drunk with my mates and don’t think about mumming. She used to tag her friends in things and see her family now there is never a mention of a friend. Hope she’s ok as annoying as she is. Maybe it’s a case of her just not showing that side of herself to Instagram 🤷🏻‍♀️ But it’s weird because she used to.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I genuinely believe she hasn’t even tested whether Raven is dry, all of my children were dry at night 3/4 weeks after they were dry in the day. It may sound bitchy but does no-one worry about the hygiene of her using reusable nappies? They need to be washed 2/3 times a day, not sit in a bucket in the open plan kitchen diner while your making slop for tea 🤮

I genuinely believe she hasn’t even tested whether Raven is dry, all of my children were dry at night 3/4 weeks after they were dry in the day. It may sound bitchy but does no-one worry about the hygiene of her using reusable nappies? They need to be washed 2/3 times a day, not sit in a bucket in the open plan kitchen diner while your making slop for tea 🤮

Lots of people use reusable nappies now, they’re no less hygienic than disposables and you don’t need to wash them multiple times a day! Everyone who uses them pops them in a nappy bin with a lid and you just pop them in the washing machine when you stick a load on 🤷🏼‍♀️ I’m not a fan of Pea at all, but I do think the comment about reusables was being picky considering how many people use them now!

Reactions: 9
What do you mean by tested? My baby was in nappies at night until they were dry when she woke up then she was put in knickers as I knew she was dry. It can't be taught.

Reactions: 5
Lots of people use reusable nappies now, they’re no less hygienic than disposables and you don’t need to wash them multiple times a day! Everyone who uses them pops them in a nappy bin with a lid and you just pop them in the washing machine when you stick a load on 🤷🏼‍♀️ I’m not a fan of Pea at all, but I do think the comment about reusables was being picky considering how many people use them now!
But... She's not very clean...

I think the comment about the nappies was more that pea isn't exactly on the ball with keeping up with chores. Imagine the smell of a pile of nappies from just one day :/ I think what's what was meant anyway.

Re: the mentally unwell. She seems to feel her worth is based solely in Raven's achievements and this parenting style she subscribes to and she's just running herself, her home, her partner into the ground by the looks of things. She looks haggard and gaunt and does it all with a smile and a very self righteous attitude.

Reactions: 4
She seems to feel her worth is based solely in Raven's achievements and this parenting style she subscribes to and she's just running herself, her home, her partner into the ground by the looks of things. She looks haggard and gaunt and does it all with a smile and a very self righteous attitude.
Yes! Exactly this!

I imagine the inserts go straight in the bin though so it would be more akin to a pile of knickers than a pile of nappies.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.