One Day of Winter #2 Slop for dinner, nips on tap, Dads not allowed to help with naps!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jesus the mess in that house makes me itchy
She posted up a story yesterday going on about why is her house always so messy, and saying do people ever just stare into the distance and think ‘f**k it, I will just leave it’ 😂 it’s that attitude which means her house is always a bloody tip, but she doesn’t care!

Reactions: 1
You have no energy when you’re unwell or stuck in a rut and I think Nicola is both.

Reactions: 3
She's at the stage in her pregnancy where she just wants to sit down a lot... Has she been pregnant the whole time I've been following her?

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I guess the baby will be called Percy then now that Raven has decided 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Ray staying up til midnight cause she just didn’t want to go to bed yet? Nah sorry that’s taking the piss, sort your life out ASAP Nicola because you’re just running straight into a recipe for disaster once you give birth. Grow a backbone and tell raven that it’s quiet time for the night, she doesn’t even need to fall asleep, she just needs to know that it’s time to lie in bed and be calm.

Ray staying up til midnight cause she just didn’t want to go to bed yet? Nah sorry that’s taking the piss, sort your life out ASAP Nicola because you’re just running straight into a recipe for disaster once you give birth. Grow a backbone and tell raven that it’s quiet time for the night, she doesn’t even need to fall asleep, she just needs to know that it’s time to lie in bed and be calm.
She’s really making a rod for her own back isn’t she? She will have a newborn soon and she’s letting her 3 year old stay up till midnight -duck that. She needs to set some boundaries and fast, nothing wrong with a routine, boundaries or rules in your home when it comes to your kids, they need consistency and there’s bugger all in that house, it makes me laugh when Pea wonders why Raven is lashing out at Nursery, and her sleep is all over the place, she’s ignoring what her child needs because it conforms to ‘societal norms’ and Pea can’t have anything like that going on in her house, she needs to be different and unfortunately her child is suffering for it.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
Midnight 😱😱😱 literally who let's their kid stay up until midnight.
My son used to, for a few weeks, I tried EVERYTHING. But my point is, I wanted to die a bit. I didn't find it enchanting or feel like bragging about how free I was with my parenting. I felt like I was failing. I don't get her at all.

But hey, the sausage nips and manic smiles are back.

Reactions: 9
Oh my god I’ve missed so much of this thread I wasn’t getting notifications 😭😭 gonna catch up now! x

Reactions: 5
I love my daughter, but she has a routine of sorts for bed because sleep is important for her and I need some time away from her to be me. We have a really good bond, but I have to have that downtime with my partner or id go insane. I have friends who martyr themselves for their kids, never saying no, and I think it’s an awful idea; that we should drain ourselves completely and only ever do what the child wants, and our wants and needs are unimportant. Because theyre not!

Reactions: 7
See Nicola seems to think she’s doing a good thing by letting raven set her own bedtime or whatever but she’s honestly setting herself up for years of her kid ruling the roost. My friend was similar to pea regarding bedtimes and her 6 year old WILL NOT go to bed before 10pm and has to sleep with my friend. I made sure I implemented a bedtime routine early on with my daughter, not that it always went to plan but now she goes to bed, in her own room at half 7 every night! It’s certainly done her no harm 🙄

She posted a couple of days ago saying how behind the scenes isn’t all rosy and it’s hard work, and about needing a break sometimes etc... I think if she actually got Raven into a good routine and proper bedtime etc she would at least feel like she gets some time to relax in the evenings. My kids all go to bed at 7 (they read in bed for a while before sleep) and I actually don’t know what I’d do without that down time! How will she cope if Raven decides she’s staying up until midnight while she’s exhausted looking after a newborn 😴

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again- people would not call it gentle parenting if Pea wasn’t a middle class white women.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I don’t know if she’s mentioned it but was just curious given their current sleep set up... is Nicola’s plan for the new baby to sleep in bed with her, Dean and Raven?

I don’t know if she’s mentioned it but was just curious given their current sleep set up... is Nicola’s plan for the new baby to sleep in bed with her, Dean and Raven?
Yes she referred to them all using the "sleep space."

I do wonder how often Dean takes himself off to sleep on the sofa when he has to be up for work the next day.

Has anyone else noticed her IG bio saying 'lover of children'? Has it been there long? Does she think she's the only one because not many people would say they hate children surely?

• Haha
Has anyone else noticed her IG bio saying 'lover of children'? Has it been there long? Does she think she's the only one because not many people would say they hate children surely?
Now if a man put that he’d be called a weirdo 🙈 she is such a wrong’un 🤣

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.