Olivia Bowen #2 The names Olivia Bowen, interior designer.No,not really so here's my vagina

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was watching another influencer who has lovely bi fold doors in her kitchen and she was having work done. Every slide she had put the #ad up and it was so authentic to see.
Apparently as a couple they are now worth 4.4 million. Highest earners from ❤ Island so why they (SHE) keeps begging for free stuff is beyond belief. I won’t even use a 10p money off coupon because it makes me feel like a beg 😕
worth 4.4 million but is gifted bread 🙄

Reactions: 5
I’ve created an Ashley James thread for anyone who is as sicked by this post as I am

I’m so SICK of influencers spinning this yarn like it’s legit. duck off. Every influencer is a begging lazy tit who sits on their arse and gets free tit thrown at them that that have done nothing to earn and certainly don’t deserve. It’s a toxic disgusting part of our culture and it would be so refreshing if for once one of them would own it rather than dishing out a speech about how deserving and hard working they are. The fact they have to justify it so much in so many ways speaks volumes

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 21
I’ve created an Ashley James thread for anyone who is as sicked by this post as I am

I’m so SICK of influencers spinning this yarn like it’s legit. duck off. Every influencer is a begging lazy tit who sits on their arse and gets free tit thrown at them that that have done nothing to earn and certainly don’t deserve. It’s a toxic disgusting part of our culture and it would be so refreshing if for once one of them would own it rather than dishing out a speech about how deserving and hard working they are. The fact they have to justify it so much in so many ways speaks volumes
😴😴😴 when will it end?

Nothing they ever say will change my opinion that they don’t have it anywhere near as hard as normal people, it’s insulting our intelligence, simple as.

Reactions: 5
One positive thing to say about Olivia. At least she's not like a lot of house-y Instagram influencers who think a garden should just be a single level lawn, some decking with a table/chairs under a pergola. She hasn't moved in somewhere with a mature garden and torn down all the tree's and all of the hedges (where birds live and make nests, where the insects that feed the birds can grow and hide, where bee's burrow) and removed all of the plants.

It must take a lot to maintain that garden but at least there is actually some life in it. I know most people want a low maintenance garden (i know i do!), but at least she actually respects the space she's bought and maintains it properly and hasn't just ripped up everything for flat bland lawn. I respect her for that.

No surprise that beggy Olivia has shared it. That Ashley girl is going to get free baby clothes, maybe a pram and some other random baby stuff... not a bloody kitchen and white goods!!
It’s my job, it’s time consuming to produce content... No you haven’t got a real job or anything that comes with it. Lounging at home and taking a few selfies and videos saying oh my god guys I love this x/y/z isn’t working. It’s embarrassing, no real celebrity, person with money, a career / business would actually repost that rubbish!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
One positive thing to say about Olivia. At least she's not like a lot of house-y Instagram influencers who think a garden should just be a single level lawn, some decking with a table/chairs under a pergola. She hasn't moved in somewhere with a mature garden and torn down all the tree's and all of the hedges (where birds live and make nests, where the insects that feed the birds can grow and hide, where bee's burrow) and removed all of the plants.

It must take a lot to maintain that garden but at least there is actually some life in it. I know most people want a low maintenance garden (i know i do!), but at least she actually respects the space she's bought and maintains it properly and hasn't just ripped up everything for flat bland lawn. I respect her for that.
Are you lost?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Echo all of these thoughts. It's absolutely not the same. Sushi for Itsu employees is not free because you work contracted hours and you're probably on minimum wage (or close to). Discount from Abercrombie for employees is not the same because you only benefit from that discount by paying more money into the organisation. So the company doesn't actually lose anything.

Being sent free tit, taking a picture of it, and posting it on Instagram is not work and to compare it to real life jobs in the service industry like they have done is quite frankly insulting to everyone out there trying to earn an honest wage. Olivia can go on about 'content and caption curation' all she likes 🤮🤮 but making up a fake term to try and legitimise your begginess doesn't make you any less beggy.

Edited to add: I get company perks with my own job, and I'm sure it's the same in most organisations, but that's because I dedicate myself to the job, work hard and provide a quality service that doesn't involve sitting on my #gifted sofa all day showing off all of my free tit to my impressionable teen followers who now think that being an 'influencer' is a legitimate career choice.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Are you lost?
Hahaha I must be!

I do think advertising is a job. I don't take issue with that or the freebies. I don't like the hiding that something (/everything) was free If it's your job and apparently what you're good at and it's what you're being paid to do be transparent about it and talk about it. Tag the ad's every time. It's not just your kitchen in your home it's an advertisement for howdens/the tile company/ the flooring supplier/the cook-wear company/ the lights company/the sofa company/ the white goods. Be proud of your work! Being able to 'share' stuff you were sent is not a 'perk' of your job, it is your job! You are a product advertiser and influencer. In one breath they're proud of it and in the next they're covering it up.

The thing i don't like about what Ashley said is that she only shares what she likes out of what she tries. If you're all so authentic, and there for your 'communities' why don't you chat about the rubbish you've been sent occasionally? Be transparent about what products weren't great, or just didn't work for you. At least then people would be more inclined to believe it when you're 'obsessed' with a product because it feels like you're honest.

Reactions: 1
I do think advertising is a job.
I appreciate this sentiment. But I think it's quite insulting to anyone who has studied, worked and put in the real hard slog to become successful in media/advertising when grade A nobodies like Olivia flash their bits on TV and all of a sudden we're supposed to consider them marketing professionals.

Reactions: 12

I do not understand how they think the amount of free stuff, worth thousands, is justified. It is not the same as people working at company’s and getting staff discount. THEY ARE STILL PAYING MONEY TO THAT COMPANY. These rich influencers are simply receiving these for free in return for a quick mention on their Instagram. It is so sickening and the exact reason why the rich keep getting richer and the poor are getting poorer

Reactions: 9
Ads are not a job.

I could sit in my house all day making videos about products I’ve been sent, no need for maternity leave as I’m already at bleeping home 🤣🤣

These people are deluded.

She takes a few pictures and videos for instagram for God sake, and has a following because she was on love Island im sorry but its hardly back breaking stuff! Its not even like she puts effort in, she doesn't iron clothes for ads, she leaves tea bags on the side, doesnt hoover her hallway before a picture.. shes not much of a perfectionist and just does the bare minimum. Shes worth 4.4 million!! She doesn't need to be gifted anything even if she does have a large following use it for some good not for your own gain when your already minted its greed. She spends most of her time in bloody bed.

Reactions: 7
Maternity leave is a RIGHT if you are in EMPLOYMENT. Saying that how people wouldn’t give up maternity leave is the same as her not donating items that are gifted to her is appalling and a disgrace.
Honestly these deluded narcissistic morons never fail to amaze me with the bollocks that comes out of their mouths

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’m not being mean but I have always thought even since she was in Love Island that she looks dirty, like she needs a really good wash. I don’t know if it’s the tattoos on her foot or the way she wore that bloody bikini up her arse but yeah 🤣🙈

• Haha
I can see how doing proper adverts, where she is sent a product, has to use it and film content then edit it could be classed as some form of work. Not working hard though. But being gifted nearly every item for a house renovation for free and then just wandering around aimlessly in your knickers whilst showing some of the items is not a bleeping job. I honestly hope that one day all this influencer shizzle comes crashing to a halt and people have to actually go out and find something that takes even just a little brain power and energy. The whole thing is embarrassing to society that people actually buy into these people and its gone this far.

• Haha
I appreciate this sentiment. But I think it's quite insulting to anyone who has studied, worked and put in the real hard slog to become successful in media/advertising when grade A nobodies like Olivia flash their bits on TV and all of a sudden we're supposed to consider them marketing professionals.
Believe me i don't think shes a professional 😂 😂 quite the opposite. (irrelevant side note; i have a marketing degree I've never properly used).

But she is an advertiser who need to be more honest about it if she wants to survive, and it is her job.

I don't know why people find the free stuff annoying though? Would you really want half of that tat, that weird tray on her sofa.... imagine not being able to buy that for yourself, or just accepting that weird object for the sake of having something to talk about for 0.5 seconds? It's a sad existence. She has all this rubbish because they can't afford to furnish and decorate their house on their income which is pathetic considering what she is trying to portray publicly (and it does make you wonder what the banks were thinking). She admitted they couldn't afford the tom shaker kitchen she would have actually wanted on her stories one day, I actually facepalmed watching it. So unprofessional mentioning a alternative kitchen supplier she would have actually wanted to use, plus the ungrateful attitude 🤦‍♀️ hardly 'buy howdens' was it!

But i guess more generally it's an attempt to convince every one else they need more; they need to redecorate their house every 2 years, eat out twice a week and order a takeaway at least two other nights, 5 holidays a year and a new wardrobe delivery every other day. And that is whats damaging about it for young people, normalising consumerism that the influencers themselves don't even pay for. It just encourages debt. It's like the worst of capitalism on one very addictive platform.

Just be smug half of what you see doesn't pay her bills, it just fills her vapid time. A free tin of bread isn't going to pay her mortgage just make her feel important, likewise free beauty treatments don't pay her mortgage or give her any money to do they stuff she wants to do either. Like @Lollipop19 says you just have to chose not to buy into it. Don't follow the click through links, don't buy boohoo clothes, don't buy her own brand clothing. One day the ground is going to fall out from her her feet when all of this stops being an industry and she can't afford her lifestyle that exploits normal working people. At some point companies will stop sending them freebies or paying them to advertise (a friend of mine who is an influencer manager said contracts have dried up since the start of lockdown, everything left is like barrel scraping 'teach you how to invest' or fake ipod headphones/iwatches), their houses will start to look tired and dated because of the replace-replace culture they helped fuel, they're so tied up in their own comparison culture they'll panic and borrow money they can't repay to spend on nothing worth anything to try to stay relevant. Then they'll lose it all; the houses, cars and everything else (including the marriage most likely). Look at Katie Price, Kerry Katona, and half of the early big brother stars that made a lot of money from hello and okay magazine interviews who have since gone bankrupt. They're all the irrelevant 00's versions of these people.

edit; Tom Howley shaker style kitchen. I've also corrected a few spelling/grammar general cohesion errors. My fingers moving as fast as my brain was going and the results were patchy when i read i back 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Maternity leave is a RIGHT if you are in EMPLOYMENT. Saying that how people wouldn’t give up maternity leave is the same as her not donating items that are gifted to her is appalling and a disgrace.
Honestly these deluded narcissistic morons never fail to amaze me with the bollocks that comes out of their mouths
I’ll just give birth on my office desk next time x

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.