Old Hollywood gossip & stories

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Something I rarely see mentioned these days:

Errol Flynn first wife was the very beautiful French actress Lili Damita, and they had a son, named Sean Flynn, after which they immediately divorced and Sean grew up not really knowing his father. Sean resembled his father physically and became an actor, but wanted more from life than dress up and pretend stuff. So he started working as a freelance photojournalist in the 1960s. He did several tours covering the war in Vietnam for various media outlets. On his last tour in 1970, he and another photojournalist named Dana Stone took off on motorbikes with the aim of interviewing some Viet Cong guerillas at a checkpoint where other foriegn journalists had already been disappeared. This was a bad idea, as they were immediately taken at gunpoint and marched into the woods, and from that point until this day, neither were seen or heard from ever again. Both are believed to have been murdered, with reports that they were held as prisoners by the Viet Cong then turned over to the Cambodian Khmer Rouge who killed them.

Last photo of Flynn (left) and Stone on the day they were taken by the Viet Cong:

1618867598661.png

There's a really great write-up about Sean Flynn's life and death here:

THE SEAN FLYNN I KNEW (pythiapress.com)

Lily Damita apparently spent endless money trying to find her son after his disappearance and had him declared legally dead 14 years later in 1984. Occasionally someone in Cambodia turfs up a body of a westerner and stories go around that it's Sean Flynn or Dana Stone. Genetic testing has ruled this out every time.

According to Francis Coppola, in his film Apocalypse Now, Dennis Hopper's photojournalist character was based on Sean Flynn.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I bleeping ADORE Marilyn Monroe. It's so tragic, she was such a beautiful person - inside and out. She just wanted to be loved i think... and she never found it.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I can't wait to watch Blonde later this year.I hope Ana De Armas does the role of Marilyn justice.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
If anyone wants to read an amazing book about the life and death of Marilyn Monroe, read "The Assasination of Marilyn Monroe", by Donald Wolfe. It's mind blowing, and intersperces evidence in and amongst the story.

The stuff about Frank Sinatra and his mob buddies drugging and raping her, while filming it in order to bribe here to keep her mouth shut, is just terrifying.

Stunning woman, but completely broken by life.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13

This site is a great read to find extra info on old Hollywood glamour I used to read it a lot in the 90’s.
I will warn you it does contain some death pictures however there is a little click link button and a warning.

Side note for some reason theyhaven’t done this with Princess Diana’s grainy pics....

• Heart
Reactions: 7
He’s old and fine, Ryan Phillipe’s nudes just leaked. I’m in my sugar baby fantasy. He’s got a decent one :oops: oh Sebastian!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
I'm on a MM Facebook group, and they reckon a lot of the Kennedys misinformation came from a pamphlet published by Frank Capell (who had his own axe to grind with the Kennedys) not too long after her death. I've seen and read many biographies since the early 1990s.

Unfortunately people buy into scandal and prefer to hear horrifying stories, even if the basis for them isn't that convincing. See also the evil sods who post pictures and / or videos of her corpse.

Still being used and abused, decades later.

I think the comment about her being "repeatedly raped" in foster care is a bit of an exaggeration as well. She did allege one tenant in her foster home tried to molest her, and one of her foster parent's partners made a pass at her, but the "repeatedly raped" part is new to me.

People such as Jeanne Carmen and Robert Slatzer were happy to be interviewed by anyone who would listen and offer them a buck but it was all lies. I think it's fair to say in 1962 Marilyn was unravelling, and most people know she had mental health problems, insomnia, anxiety, even issues with abusing her medications. Trying to find ways to cope. She was overly-dependent on her psychiatrist Ralph Greenson (pretty much visiting him every day, and he welcomed her into his home!) which would be absolutely frowned upon today.

Sadly, she also had a history of suicide attempts and I think (as she had various doctors doling out meds) it was likely an accidental death. Apparently she was in good spirits the night she died, and Fox had asked her to continue on Something's Got To Give (even though they initially sacked her for being so erratic).

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Glad I found my people, does anyone remember Walter Neff from Digital Spy he had lots of stories to tell?
Off to read the forum

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I mentioned it on Secret Celeb Gossip, but a great old Hollywood Youtuber is Be Kind Rewind. I forgot to mention she mainly concentrates on women in Hollywood and Oscar winners, but I'm guessing the focus of her content will expand over time.

Reactions: 2
Inspired by this article I read recently:

Old Hollywood was so messed up and there are so many bizarre and scary rumours and stories.
All the stars being fuelled on pep pills to keep up with the gruelling schedules, affairs, abuse, potential murders, the list goes on.

Please discuss...
✨✨✨
Netflix has a show called Hollywood! It’s so good. Based on Scotty Bowers autobiography! It’s made by Ryan Murphy who did AHS! It’s really good!

Reactions: 8
Netflix has a show called Hollywood! It’s so good. Based on Scotty Bowers autobiography! It’s made by Ryan Murphy who did AHS! It’s really good!
I enjoyed that too. It's very Ryan Murphy though. If you like his work you'll enjoy the show.

Did anyone watch This is Joan Collins on iplayer over christmas? Some good old hollywood stories in that

Reactions: 2
Did anyone watch This is Joan Collins on iplayer over christmas? Some good old hollywood stories in that

I wish she would do some more shows like that and tell us some more stories.

A very good article, old Hollywood was sure full of scandal. I always thought Natalie Wood's death was really sad. Here's an interestng article about her death saying it's not an accident. I am not saying Wagner did it, or not - it makes interesting reading, though!

I always thought Wagner had something to do with Natalie Woods death BUT I watched a brilliant programme by her daughter Natasha the other night and I’m not convinced now. She interviews Wagner in it and clearly adores him even though he’s not her real father…

I heard years ago that Cary Grant had sex with dead people 😮. Don't know how much truth there is in that though
Noooooo! I love Cary Grant 😱

If anyone gets the chance read The Moons a Balloon by David Niven. Just a wonderful raconteur and genuine man by all accounts. It is hilarious as well. It's written as of he cannot quite believe he is acting in Hollywood movies.
I remember my dad reading this in the 80’s - I must get a copy!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4