Old Hollywood gossip & stories

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It may have already been mentioned here but I love the ‘You Must Remember This’ podcast, it’s all about old Hollywood and there’s some great series on there.

If anyone has any other podcast recommendations like this one I’d love tohear them.

Reactions: 4
It may have already been mentioned here but I love the ‘You Must Remember This’ podcast, it’s all about old Hollywood and there’s some great series on there.

If anyone has any other podcast recommendations like this one I’d love tohear them.
Never listened to podcast as not sure where to get them to listen to them lol. Listening to the moon is a balloon on youtube at present.

Never listened to podcast as not sure where to get them to listen to them lol. Listening to the moon is a balloon on youtube at present.
It depends on your phone but I have an iPhone and just use the podcasts app that comes with it. You can also listen in Apple Music or Spotify.

Reactions: 1
I use sticher to listen to mine, and spotify.
You must remember this is on Spotify

Reactions: 1
Dirk Bogarde did not become big in Hollywood probably because he was gay but his memoirs are very well written and worth reading. There was a lot more to him than being a matinee idol. He was part of the advance party to relieve Belsen concentration camp and wrote about it very movingly.

Reactions: 13
I can't wait to watch Blonde later this year.I hope Ana De Armas does the role of Marilyn justice.
I always feel so iffy when they do films about a famous person like this. Ana De Armas as Marilyn? I personally can’t see it. They have Rooney Mara as Audrey Hepburn in a film coming out soon and I just don’t see Rooney conveying the warmth that Audrey had. Kristen Stewart did a biopic on Jean Seberg and I think KStew is one of the worst actresses out there so that’s another biopic ruined for me. I wish they picked unknowns for this sort of thing hahaha

Reactions: 11
I always feel so iffy when they do films about a famous person like this. Ana De Armas as Marilyn? I personally can’t see it. They have Rooney Mara as Audrey Hepburn in a film coming out soon and I just don’t see Rooney conveying the warmth that Audrey had. Kristen Stewart did a biopic on Jean Seberg and I think KStew is one of the worst actresses out there so that’s another biopic ruined for me. I wish they picked unknowns for this sort of thing hahaha
I think Marilyn has been done to death and I agree about Mara, I wont be watching the Diana thing as Stewart is a horrible actress. I would much rather we had biopics on lesser known but more interesting people like Hedda Hopper, Lupe Velez or Valentino.

Reactions: 7
I think Marilyn has been done to death and I agree about Mara, I wont be watching the Diana thing as Stewart is a horrible actress. I would much rather we had biopics on lesser known but more interesting people like Hedda Hopper, Lupe Velez or Valentino.
Don't watch spencer I did and I'll never get those hours back. One of the most boring over acted parts I have ever watched. And when Diana aka kflop would be in a scene on her own these wierd jingle sounds would be played😂😂😂 and poor diana must have had awful lungs with the breathy voice she apparently had

• Haha
Totally forgot she was in Spencer! What a random casting choice!!
There’s this girl on Instagram and YouTube who’s goal it is to be cast as Audrey Hepburn (she’s taking Dutch, ballet, I think even practicing to smoke like Audrey). I don’t know, I don’t think she’s right either.
The problem with casting someone for a biopic is that they are so scrutinised.

This site is a great read to find extra info on old Hollywood glamour I used to read it a lot in the 90’s.
I will warn you it does contain some death pictures however there is a little click link button and a warning.

Side note for some reason theyhaven’t done this with Princess Diana’s grainy pics....
Just read the page on Marilyn Monroe and it said the man buried above her was able to be buried face down so he’s always looking down on her?! What the hell?!

Among her alleged lovers were Rex Whistler, Greta Garbo, Marlene Dietrich, and Hattie McDaniels.
Hattie McDaniels?! I didn’t know she swung both ways.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Totally forgot she was in Spencer! What a random casting choice!!
There’s this girl on Instagram and YouTube who’s goal it is to be cast as Audrey Hepburn (she’s taking Dutch, ballet, I think even practicing to smoke like Audrey). I don’t know, I don’t think she’s right either. The problem with casting someone for a biopic is that they are so scrutinised.
Just read the page on Marilyn Monroe and it said the man buried above her was able to be buried face down so he’s always looking down on her?! What the hell?!

Hattie McDaniels?! I didn’t know she swung both ways.
I HATE it that Hefner is buried above Marilyn. Not really old Hollywood but the recent documentary Secrets Of Playboy made him sound like what most people suspect he was, an old, controlling creep.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I HATE it that Hefner is buried above Marilyn. Not really old Hollywood but the recent documentary Secrets Of Playboy made him sound like what most people suspect he was, an old, controlling creep.
Hefner is actually to the left of Marilyn but yea still creepy!!

Hefner is actually to the left of Marilyn but yea still creepy!!
Oh, I thought I read that his original wish was that he was buried above her, face down. Still yuk, though :( Marilyn no doubt had to deal with skeevy men most of her life.

Oh, I thought I read that his original wish was that he was buried above her, face down. Still yuk, though :( Marilyn no doubt had to deal with skeevy men most of her life.
Not Hef no but there apparently is a bloke above Marilyn who is face down

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
Dirk Bogarde did not become big in Hollywood probably because he was gay but his memoirs are very well written and worth reading. There was a lot more to him than being a matinee idol. He was part of the advance party to relieve Belsen concentration camp and wrote about it very movingly.
I adored Dirk Bogarde 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Something I'm confused about. Spencer Tracy and Katherine Hepburn relationship. Supposedly they loved each other BUT also supposedly KH was gay, which I believe to be true. So, if they were put together by the film studios as was common then, and ST was KH beard, what was in it for him? He supposedly had a bi experience which I can Believe as he was highly sexed but I would think that was one off when he was drunk and horny and taking the opportunity for something new and kinky.
ST did not appear to be someone to be so easily talked into a fake relationship, he would have just told the film studios to f off.
So what was his incentive to fake a relationship? Just doing a good friend a favour so her career wouldn't suffer? Orrrrrr?

Something I'm confused about. Spencer Tracy and Katherine Hepburn relationship. Supposedly they loved each other BUT also supposedly KH was gay, which I believe to be true. So, if they were put together by the film studios as was common then, and ST was KH beard, what was in it for him? He supposedly had a bi experience which I can Believe as he was highly sexed but I would think that was one off when he was drunk and horny and taking the opportunity for something new and kinky.
ST did not appear to be someone to be so easily talked into a fake relationship, he would have just told the film studios to f off.
So what was his incentive to fake a relationship? Just doing a good friend a favour so her career wouldn't suffer? Orrrrrr?

They were bearding for each other essentially.Spencer had way more than one or even a few homosexual experiences.He was at least Bi,probably gay(google Scotty Bowers and what he has to say about Tracy) but he struggled a lot with it,hence the heavy drinking.I do think they genuinely loved each other,platonically, and she cared for him right up until his death.Kate was definitely gay.

Reactions: 2