Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I live in a semi-detached house with some trellis on a fencing panel in the back garden. My neighbour actually stands at the trellis peering in. As soon as she see's you sat out or doing anything she is straight there. Contemplating putting some plants on the trellis, I feel mean but I just want to enjoy some peace and privacy in my garden.
Of course! How rude, honestly. People constantly shock me with their poor behaviour.

Reactions: 10
My neighbours have a young family and I feel for them, their youngest just screams and screams and screams 24/7. Yes it’s irritating at times as we are semi detached but all the same I pity them more than anything as nothing seems to appease her! Besides that can’t complain. He’s a taxi driver so pre lockdown he worked mad hours and slams his front door a bit too heavy sometimes, and he smokes out the front so it comes in our bedroom window but nothing like some of the stuff I’ve read on here! We both have large back gardens but I think he prefers to smoke out the front to see what’s going on in the street.

before I moved in with my partner he rented one of them carpet cleaner things for the living room, and hung his big shaggy rug out the front whilst he was doing it. Someone ran off with the bleeping rug 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
We’re in a terrace, on one side it’s a family with three girls under 8 who are noisy at times but just sisters having fun so don’t mind the occasional noise.
On the other side however, dear bleeping god. As soon as we moved in we realised there was a problem. Screaming at each other at all hours, slamming doors so hard picture frames fell off our walls etc. Used to have three kids but one was kicked out (at 13 years old) to live at another family members after punching and spitting at his mum. That happened quite sooner after we moved in and we suddenly felt bad for all the bitching about them as he clearly was the problem - or so we thought. Turns out the mum and dad think it’s appropriate to scream at their kids (9 years old and 4 years old) to “get the duck upstairs” and when the 9 year old says things like “I’m going to kill myself” the mum laughs and says “go on then”.
Absolutely awful. We’ve called the police before when we’ve genuinely thought the children were in danger (bottles being thrown and parents screaming at each other while children cried) and they came round to have a long chat but nothing else yet.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Our neighbours peek out of their front door every time we go into our front garden to put something in the bin or take the bins out etc then they quietly close the door without saying anything. Trivial but it’s annoying!
they did it again yesterday whilst I was putting a new number sticker on my bins #rocknrolllifestyle

• Haha
Reactions: 7
God some of these stories make me thankful for my ok neighbours! I live in a block of 6 flats on the middle floor so have neighbours below and above. Man downstairs complained at the start of lockdown to my partner about our 2 year old stomping and throwing toys about - I felt really bad as I can imagine how annoying it would be and we have wooden floors too but also equally hard to explain to a toddler to walk nicely and play quietly with toys 🥴 I put some extra rugs down and encouraged my son to play on those and I wrote them a nice letter apologising which he was grateful for. since lockdown is easing and he’s gone back to work he hasn’t said anything else and our sons in bed by 7:30 so shouldn’t be a problem anymore. Flat opposite whom we share a hallway with, hmm, their ok and friendly but the man shouts at his wife ALOT (their first language isn’t English so no idea what their rows are about annoyingly ha!) and he’ll slam the front door waking us up etc. They also redecorated last year and were randomly sanding their front door at 11pm one night so I sent my partner out to politely ask to keep the noise down. Feel so sorry for anyone that has nightmare neighbours tho it must be truly awful x

Reactions: 3
I live on the ground floor of a block of flats with a balcony , my neighbours upstairs are constantly dropping fags onto the balcony, I was going to say something but it’s not the end of the world, however then it became other things, loads of bread, leaning over and tipping about a gallon of water onto the balcony (drenching my terrified cat) and most recently covering the balcony in what seemed like tinned tomatoes which , as you can imagine, was a nightmare to clean. I am at my wits end 😩

• Wow
  • Sick
  • Haha
I live on the ground floor of a block of flats with a balcony , my neighbours upstairs are constantly dropping fags onto the balcony, I was going to say something but it’s not the end of the world, however then it became other things, loads of bread, leaning over and tipping about a gallon of water onto the balcony (drenching my terrified cat) and most recently covering the balcony in what seemed like tinned tomatoes which , as you can imagine, was a nightmare to clean. I am at my wits end 😩
I think a call to the police non emergency number for advice would not be out of order there.

Reactions: 11
I think a call to the police non emergency number for advice would not be out of order there.
Basically I complained to the housing associatiin and I have to have 10 “incidents” until I can report, which I think is ridiculous so 🤞 for more I guess 😂 my only other hope is they seem to be constantly arguing atm so maybe they’ll divorce and move 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
mine do this too!! Complete fire hazard as they land on my garden furniture underneath which are rattan with fabric cushions.

The worst thing about my road is when things are tense everyone is calling the police tit for tat over trivial stuff. There was one point when they should of just built a station at the end of the road to save them the journey.

• Haha
mine do this too!! Complete fire hazard as they land on my garden furniture underneath which are rattan with fabric cushions.
its so enfuriating isnt it?? they have a bloody table on the balcony i dont get why they dont have an ashtray!!

Reactions: 1
its so enfuriating isnt it?? they have a bloody table on the balcony i dont get why they dont have an ashtray!!
Maybe you should gift them an ashtray, just put it anonymous at their door. Kind of like a hint :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Maybe you should gift them an ashtray, just put it anonymous at their door. Kind of like a hint :ROFLMAO:
A big ashtray ! If they are lazy anyway about where they put their ash they will be lazy about emptying the ashtray :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 2
My neighbours are mostly elderly so keep themselves to themselves thankfully but one guy on the corner is an early retiree and spends all day every day waxing his lexus car and making conversation with EVERY passer by and of course the other neighbours. You can't have the front windows open without hearing his voice (and he's not opposite me either, he is round the corner). I don't think he is sinister just chatty but you hear him all the time! Always working with a polish rag in hand. Bless him. I think though that we are probably the horrid neighbours as our front garden maintenance is not on par with the cultivated topiaries opposite us! To be fair to us we both work full time and they are all retired 😭

• Haha
I’m living for this thread absolute comedy gold a lot of it 😂😂
Hopefully I won't have anything to add once the new neighbours move in.
Ohhh so this morning the cleaner employed by the letting agency came to do a clean. And she had her dog with her.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.