Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey all I need advice I live in an flat where my neighbours are all 2 faced I'm having trouble with my neighbour upstairs and IV been putting in complaints constantly for 2 years as he is 85 years old IV not asked for much just that he doesn't Blaire his TV after 10pm and also about me hearing his phone calls at random times of night also he lets the door bang constantly at all hours apparently my other neighbours dont hear all this which I don't understand but he goes to his next door neighbour and kicks in her door even tho she's in she won't answer and We are left listening to it all last time she apparently called the police and wrote a letter to social but I keep getting told I'm the only one who is putting in complaints about this situation. He was at my neighbours door on Friday like chapping and that at half 10 at night and and he was like he need to be in a care home and that the daughter wasn't nice and that I told him to complain because if he has that to say then don't come to me and do anything about it now today I was putting up a notice asking people to stop at night slamming the doors this was about half 11 and it keeps happening and my neighbour came out and asked me about it and I said to her then my neighbour next door came out as he was been nosy and then it got in to a massive argument and I was like I'm over all this and said to my neighbour it's all her fault because she does nothing to stop him he's been doing it for years and she said to me go hang yourself there the rope and said it a few times her mum came in and lied about some stuff that they was here at new year and Im like if you can lie about a little thing like that what else you lyikg about honestly I hope this make sense I'm in tears i dont know what to do anymore should I move or stay the boy next door he's seems to be a creep to be honest and said he putting in a doorbell with a camera and it looks right in to ky flat if my door is open like I don't want him to know who is going in and out of my flat

• Sad
Reactions: 3
We have a couple who have 6 cars for 2 of them. They take up all the parking spaces and it pisses me off. Besides that they're okay. The shits behind us smoke weed all the time and their kids throw stones at our fence. I walk in the house shouting 'little shits' but it doesnt stop them. I'd like to live in a field with no neighbours.
Throw a rock back at them

My neighbours cat comes into my garden and digs up around my flowers particularly the rose that my Nana bought me and it shits all over it - she’s dead now and it’s very special to me. They also came round to my house to shout at me when same cat appeared in my garden only to have my dog chase it which apparently according to them, he shouldn’t have done. So, YOUR cat comes into MY garden, shits all over, digs up my flowers, gets its comeuppance when my dog scares it (the same dog whose tit I actually pick up) and YOU come round to scream at me?! No, love - I shouldn’t have to just accept that you and your feral cat think it’s perfectly acceptable to do that. I felt like throwing bags of dog tit over her wall.
My neighbours cats did that. I used to get my dog to scare them off but then he nearly caught one oops. So now we have 2 of the solar powered cat repellents and they do the job

Last edited:
Hey all I need advice I live in an flat where my neighbours are all 2 faced I'm having trouble with my neighbour upstairs and IV been putting in complaints constantly for 2 years as he is 85 years old IV not asked for much just that he doesn't Blaire his TV after 10pm and also about me hearing his phone calls at random times of night also he lets the door bang constantly at all hours apparently my other neighbours dont hear all this which I don't understand but he goes to his next door neighbour and kicks in her door even tho she's in she won't answer and We are left listening to it all last time she apparently called the police and wrote a letter to social but I keep getting told I'm the only one who is putting in complaints about this situation. He was at my neighbours door on Friday like chapping and that at half 10 at night and and he was like he need to be in a care home and that the daughter wasn't nice and that I told him to complain because if he has that to say then don't come to me and do anything about it now today I was putting up a notice asking people to stop at night slamming the doors this was about half 11 and it keeps happening and my neighbour came out and asked me about it and I said to her then my neighbour next door came out as he was been nosy and then it got in to a massive argument and I was like I'm over all this and said to my neighbour it's all her fault because she does nothing to stop him he's been doing it for years and she said to me go hang yourself there the rope and said it a few times her mum came in and lied about some stuff that they was here at new year and Im like if you can lie about a little thing like that what else you lyikg about honestly I hope this make sense I'm in tears i dont know what to do anymore should I move or stay the boy next door he's seems to be a creep to be honest and said he putting in a doorbell with a camera and it looks right in to ky flat if my door is open like I don't want him to know who is going in and out of my flat
Is it a council property? if so I'd be getting them to move me and get the support of your M.P etc, same with H/A. If its privately rented then I'd just move. He sounds like he has dementia or something and its harassment from the other neighbours. It will be hard for anyone to get him in a care home unless he can self fund anyway, there just isn't the money or the spaces available. We had our NDN wanting her family member in a home for dementia and she was coming round all the time banging on about it and it was very draining. I nearly told her to pay for counselling and stop bothering us as its nothing to do with us.
Do you work? because at least you will be out during the day. I would totally ignore the lot of them and be making plans to move if I were you.

Reactions: 1
God some of these stories make me thankful for my ok neighbours! I live in a block of 6 flats on the middle floor so have neighbours below and above. Man downstairs complained at the start of lockdown to my partner about our 2 year old stomping and throwing toys about - I felt really bad as I can imagine how annoying it would be and we have wooden floors too but also equally hard to explain to a toddler to walk nicely and play quietly with toys 🥴 I put some extra rugs down and encouraged my son to play on those and I wrote them a nice letter apologising which he was grateful for.
I used to live below a family with woodwind floors and two little boys. I could hear them running around and the one boy started learning to play the trumpet (badly). They were just kids being kids and it's a reality of living in a flat. Never really bothered me, as they would be in bed not too long after dinner time.

The parents were obviously conscious of the fact that their boys ran around above me, and the (Italian) mom would often leave home-baked panettone, biscotti, and other delights at our door with a note thanking us for tolerating their "little elephants". I fondly think back to them being one of the best neighbours we actually had!

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Is it a council property? if so I'd be getting them to move me and get the support of your M.P etc, same with H/A. If its privately rented then I'd just move. He sounds like he has dementia or something and its harassment from the other neighbours. It will be hard for anyone to get him in a care home unless he can self fund anyway, there just isn't the money or the spaces available. We had our NDN wanting her family member in a home for dementia and she was coming round all the time banging on about it and it was very draining. I nearly told her to pay for counselling and stop bothering us as its nothing to do with us.
Do you work? because at least you will be out during the day. I would totally ignore the lot of them and be making plans to move if I were you.
Its council and the mp has been involved for 2 years now I don't as I have chronic illness which keeps flaring because of it all and my mental health ain't really that great now too my doctor's put in for me to move in January and council was like no your better off where you are also spoke to my creepy neighbour who just moved in 3 months ago and he's like we should get together and speak to my upstairs neighbour he thinks he knows it all he ain't pit up with the lies for 2 years I'm like over this and he's like I don't want a junkie to move in I'm like I'm over this I'm going to swerve them all and they can deal with him upstairs none of this is my problem now

My neighbour across the road is hated by pretty much everyone on the street!
She's such a nosey bint and likes to know everyone's business. Hardly anyone speaks to her because she spreads gossip and speaks about you behind your back. I'd hate to be so unpopular like that.
People have actually moved because of her.
I avoid her as much as I can! Horrible woman.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Right, ive been thinking of posting on her3 for a while about my neighbours but ummed and ahhed they arent that bad all in all. I live in a flat above a shop, in the middle of a row inbetweeon other shops and a house at the end. The entrance to my flat is along a back alley and there is a row of houses opoosite with their backyards facing us. Mostly all pleasant enough, say hello in passing etc. However, directly next door one way is a take away and about 18 months ago, the silly cow owner put raw out of date chicken wings in my CARDBOARD bin purpposefully, all because she made a (wrong) assumption that i had put a cardboard pizza box in her general waste bin, which i didnt why would i when i have a bin specifically for cardboard. I went absolutely mad and made her remove it all. She never really speaks and ignores me when i say hello most of the time. She cheekily tries to use my carboard bin sometimes as well and i always take it back out and put it by her back door, because if she wants to be ignorant then no chance. I dont mind neighbours using my bins if they run out of room for there stuff mostly though, as a few of them have families. There are a couple of people who cannot bloody recycle properly and two of the streets plastic, tins and glass bins are full and the binmen wont empty them as they have cardboard and god knows what else in. I recently cleaned up all the backstreet as well because it looked an absolute tip, was getting used as a dumping ground and bins were just being left everywhere, so i sorted it and mostly its been kept nice but again one household has let their binbag spill out of the bin and all over the floor. Dont know why think its acceptable to be so ignorant and bloody scruffy.

Ahhhhhhh i feel better now!

Right, ive been thinking of posting on her3 for a while about my neighbours but ummed and ahhed they arent that bad all in all. I live in a flat above a shop, in the middle of a row inbetweeon other shops and a house at the end. The entrance to my flat is along a back alley and there is a row of houses opoosite with their backyards facing us. Mostly all pleasant enough, say hello in passing etc. However, directly next door one way is a take away and about 18 months ago, the silly cow owner put raw out of date chicken wings in my CARDBOARD bin purpposefully, all because she made a (wrong) assumption that i had put a cardboard pizza box in her general waste bin, which i didnt why would i when i have a bin specifically for cardboard. I went absolutely mad and made her remove it all. She never really speaks and ignores me when i say hello most of the time. She cheekily tries to use my carboard bin sometimes as well and i always take it back out and put it by her back door, because if she wants to be ignorant then no chance. I dont mind neighbours using my bins if they run out of room for there stuff mostly though, as a few of them have families. There are a couple of people who cannot bloody recycle properly and two of the streets plastic, tins and glass bins are full and the binmen wont empty them as they have cardboard and god knows what else in. I recently cleaned up all the backstreet as well because it looked an absolute tip, was getting used as a dumping ground and bins were just being left everywhere, so i sorted it and mostly its been kept nice but again one household has let their binbag spill out of the bin and all over the floor. Dont know why think its acceptable to be so ignorant and bloody scruffy.

Ahhhhhhh i feel better now!

My neighbour is such an irritant.

She requires far too much attention. Has to announce every time she comes into the garden as she's desperate for an audience. Shouts when she talks, does zoom meetings in the garden & is constantly pissed out her brain leaving her 2 tiny children running around ferel & screaming like they're being attacked. Of course she would look down her nose at anyone else who conducted themselves in the same way.

Hope she moves as I'm an inch away from punting her asshole to the moon.

Reactions: 6
I used to live below a family with woodwind floors and two little boys. I could hear them running around and the one boy started learning to play the trumpet (badly). They were just kids being kids and it's a reality of living in a flat. Never really bothered me, as they would be in bed not too long after dinner time.

The parents were obviously conscious of the fact that their boys ran around above me, and the (Italian) mom would often leave home-baked panettone, biscotti, and other delights at our door with a note thanking us for tolerating their "little elephants". I fondly think back to them being one of the best neighbours we actually had!
That’s lovely :)

The street my parents live in is a mix of council and private houses (just for context)

I spent years in that street playing with the other kids and we all rubbed along nicely
we all grew up and most of us had kids of our own and would bring them to play out and history repeats itself nicely

anyway an older couple passed away and a woman with two girls move in

they where a nightmare-the girls where nasty,spiteful,foul mouthed spoilt brats who knew that no matter what they did mummy and granny would stick up for them

the kids stole my sons sweets (right out of his hands) and when I tried to speak to mum she went for me with a knife while her girls stood there munching on their stolen booty

they tried to kick my dads motorbike

they would shove dog tit through letterboxes

the mother would film all our kids who where just playing out

theyd all stand swearing at us and screaming that it was their street as theirs was the only ’paid for’ house-us council scum could ‘duck off’

mother would come screaming up the road in her car-once almost missing my daughter who was on her bike

granny would stand at the gate watching all the kids-then she’d just start swearing and screaming at them for no reason

we couldn’t prove it but they sent poison pen letters

they rang the police to say I’d flashed at their kids-I was 8 months pregnant and wasn’t even in my city-we’d gone on holiday 100 miles away that week

the girls broke a window to my parents house-and two of my dads greenhouse-they where standing there smirking and shouting that they where under the legal age to ‘get done’ mum and granny just laughed and gave my dad verbal abuse

they went crying to the papers saying that they had been targeted by the awful neighbours

much much more-and none of it was warranted

if they are reading this-grow up
your girls where the nasty ones-everyone else got on great
i really hope her teenage years bit your arse you evil witches

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
Oh my god, my neighbors are incredibly nosy. My partner had lost his grandfather during lockdown (was living in a care home and was believed to have caught covid-19 but was also suffering with dementia) and had taken a few of the calls outside in the garden for privacy. Anyway, a couple of days later - our neighbor started asking him questions about whether he 'had lost anybody' due to the coronavirus... weird. Anyway, he was asking lots of questions about me. I was born in the UK but have a polish surname (grandfather moved here from the war), I haven't got an accent, I don't even particularly think I look particularly eastern european, haven't told them my name and he asked my partner what country I was from, he also asked whether my mum had passed away (she had when I was 11) but again, had never spoken to them about it. It's so odd.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Oh my god, my neighbors are incredibly nosy. My partner had lost his grandfather during lockdown (was living in a care home and was believed to have caught covid-19 but was also suffering with dementia) and had taken a few of the calls outside in the garden for privacy. Anyway, a couple of days later - our neighbor started asking him questions about whether he 'had lost anybody' due to the coronavirus... weird. Anyway, he was asking lots of questions about me. I was born in the UK but have a polish surname (grandfather moved here from the war), I haven't got an accent, I don't even particularly think I look particularly eastern european, haven't told them my name and he asked my partner what country I was from, he also asked whether my mum had passed away (she had when I was 11) but again, had never spoken to them about it. It's so odd.
Blimey. Must be a bit unsettling all those questions being fired at your partner. Those neighbours sound stalkery.

Blimey. Must be a bit unsettling all those questions being fired at your partner. Those neighbours sound stalkery.
Incredibly so. Part of me wondered whether had some type of listening device in our house!

Reactions: 1
Some people have very little consideration for others...

A neighbour banged on my door at 3 am this morning! 3. A.M. !
mad.gif

Fortunately I was already up, playing the bagpipes.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
My neighbour asked me to stop our cat from going into his garden. Am I supposed to be watching his every move and stop him from doing what cats do?
if you don’t like him in your garden, just shoo him away! something so small and trivial, but he’s a miserable hole and I’ve never liked him so this annoyed me even more. Bear in mind here that he is literally only wandering around sniffing things, just being a cat, not doing anything wrong.
There are two local cats who use our garden as their toilet so I can appreciate how your neighbour feels! : )

• Haha
Reactions: 5
We've lived here since 96 with the same neighbours on one side ever since. We got on well and did things for them/gave them things - all good.

Sadly her husband died a couple of years ago. 6 months later she moves this new boyfriend in.

New boyfriend is an hole who blasts music out until the early hours, screams abusive songs through the wall, shouts stupid things like 'remember you're a womble!' or just 'uuuuuuugh' or the Freddie Mercury 'Yeeeeey-oh!' on repeat for hours on end or hammering on the walls/shouting abuse.

We also got to hear them going at it and him demanding that she tell him how brilliant she is. Once told we could hear everyhting and asked to move the headboard back from the wall if possible (I could block out the sex noises but not the bang bang bang on the wall) they then started play slapping each other afterwards and lots of 'owwwwww! *giggle giggle!* ' screamed afterwards.

My grandfather was put onto palliative care, I was awake 36 hours after being at the hospital and really needed to sleep whilst he was in the middle of his performances. I knocked on their front door at 11pm and asked them to stop it - she just nodded vaguely out of a window and turned back to him. The music went up louder and he screamed 'How DARE they tell me what to do!!!!' and similar - with more abuse coming after until at least 1am.

Most nights he would hammer on the wall at around half midnight just to wake me up (knowing I'm a carer and needed to be up early so needed my rest.

We're in the middle of a complaint to the council (obviously disrupted by coronavirus). We had 6 weeks of 80% peace after they received a letter from the council warning them of the complaint and the fact that he could likely be fined at least 1.5k and have their things taken away (he still played the music loudly a few times but it was at like 5.30 to 6.30 whilst cooking and that was doable and I could sleep. The police say it's not criminal and couldn't go for a harrassment charge (I don't see why not personally!) but if he ever laid actual hands on us we could (unlikely - face to face he's a coward). Former nice neighbour is also a coward - claiming she knows nothing about it when asked what the hell is/was going on!

He's back to normal as of last night. Screaming abuse through the wall and shouting to each other to 'talk' despite being in the same bedroom on the same bed next to each other. The music has started tonight too.

Fun!

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 10
We've lived here since 96 with the same neighbours on one side ever since. We got on well and did things for them/gave them things - all good.

Sadly her husband died a couple of years ago. 6 months later she moves this new boyfriend in.

New boyfriend is an hole who blasts music out until the early hours, screams abusive songs through the wall, shouts stupid things like 'remember you're a womble!' or just 'uuuuuuugh' or the Freddie Mercury 'Yeeeeey-oh!' on repeat for hours on end or hammering on the walls/shouting abuse.

We also got to hear them going at it and him demanding that she tell him how brilliant she is. Once told we could hear everyhting and asked to move the headboard back from the wall if possible (I could block out the sex noises but not the bang bang bang on the wall) they then started play slapping each other afterwards and lots of 'owwwwww! *giggle giggle!* ' screamed afterwards.

My grandfather was put onto palliative care, I was awake 36 hours after being at the hospital and really needed to sleep whilst he was in the middle of his performances. I knocked on their front door at 11pm and asked them to stop it - she just nodded vaguely out of a window and turned back to him. The music went up louder and he screamed 'How DARE they tell me what to do!!!!' and similar - with more abuse coming after until at least 1am.

Most nights he would hammer on the wall at around half midnight just to wake me up (knowing I'm a carer and needed to be up early so needed my rest.

We're in the middle of a complaint to the council (obviously disrupted by coronavirus). We had 6 weeks of 80% peace after they received a letter from the council warning them of the complaint and the fact that he could likely be fined at least 1.5k and have their things taken away (he still played the music loudly a few times but it was at like 5.30 to 6.30 whilst cooking and that was doable and I could sleep. The police say it's not criminal and couldn't go for a harrassment charge (I don't see why not personally!) but if he ever laid actual hands on us we could (unlikely - face to face he's a coward). Former nice neighbour is also a coward - claiming she knows nothing about it when asked what the hell is/was going on!

He's back to normal as of last night. Screaming abuse through the wall and shouting to each other to 'talk' despite being in the same bedroom on the same bed next to each other. The music has started tonight too.

Fun!
Makes my neighbour problem look minor 😨
Christ, I would be having a nervous breakdown if this was happening...bless you

• Wow
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.