Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Where do I start???? STALKER. He’s like a fishwife. Washes his car 50 times a week, mows the grass 60. Just so he can be outside all the time. Someone can’t even walk by and he ambushes them. He thinks he’s a ticket, stalks about with his coffee and his short shorts and his ugly dog. We are in a semi detached and he’s the detached side so not even directly next door. He does stretches and exercises right outside our window before going on his run. He has cameras pointing into our garden. He was stalking my insta. He had a party this weekend and was shouting stuff over the fence. My husband is ready to kill him but he’s such a weasel he’s not worth it. Honestly he’s made our lives a misery, there’s so much more. He has already made multiple people move from the estate. When we did used to talk to him he would spread vile rumours about other neighbours. His wife is like a mute. Don’t see or hear a peep out of her.
This neighbour is ridiculous. You should speak to the police about the camera pointing into your garden.

Reactions: 4
Ours are all mildly annoying. To the left plays ABBA at 6am on a Sunday morning at top volume and their cats tit all day every day in our garden. Next but one to them is a family of teenage boys that just leave their bins blown over on the floor all the time and their 8 cars taking up all the parking. To the right they have a teenage girl that barks like a man so you can hear her at all hours. She also has all her equally odd friends round but on the front garden looking directly into our lounge and they all do weird dances. They also keep saying they don’t want us to put a drive at the front but then always look out the window and as soon as I drive away for 5 minutes, they move a car to be in the spot I just left or take up two spaces because they park like stevie bleeping wonder. Next but one is a couple that bang at all hours, park in our parking spot and let their grandson scream and scream. Next to that there’s some cunting bastard that works for Yorkshire water and has a giant van he refuses to park on his giant drive- instead he parks on the street so lorry’s always get stuck and god forbid anyone needs an ambulance because he wants his huge drive to remain empty. He always leaves his dog outside and leaves it barking and howling for hours, usually 3am. Another neighbour tells you off for driving down the street faster then 5mph. Another one across the road always has his van alarm go off but just ignores it, again usually early hours of the morning as it is faulty. Across the road always has 5000 people round, even during lockdown- they’d slag you off for not clapping for the NHS but they also provide for the Nhs by giving everyone covid by ignoring rules. Some of the neighbours kids have wandered into our garden as well for some reason which I thought was pretty rude.

All in all, my neighbours are all minor dickheads

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
One of the main reasons we decided to buy our ground floor flat was for the garden. We have a beautiful garden which we spend a lot of time and money on to make sure it looks immaculate.

Unfortunately the neighbours above us have taken to using our garden as a bin. First they started throwing cigarette butts down into our garden, then they poured buckets of dirty water down from their windows. Now we have progressed to actual rubbish. Used tissues, wet wipes, chicken bones, bottles - you name it, it's getting chucked out of their windows instead of into the bin. 😡

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
Has she got mental health problems or do you think she does it to wind you up?
im not really sure tbh. I don’t think she does it to wind me up as she doesn’t seem to get on with a few people on the street as she’ll be quite for months and then all of a sudden blow up at someone, and I think they’re just a very strange family I wouldn’t necisarily say it’s meant so health. I mean I find it strange bother her kids are well in their 30s and still living at home and don’t seem to go out at all apart from I think the son works (I sound like the stalker now but you notice these things over 5 years 😂)

One of the main reasons we decided to buy our ground floor flat was for the garden. We have a beautiful garden which we spend a lot of time and money on to make sure it looks immaculate.

Unfortunately the neighbours above us have taken to using our garden as a bin. First they started throwing cigarette butts down into our garden, then they poured buckets of dirty water down from their windows. Now we have progressed to actual rubbish. Used tissues, wet wipes, chicken bones, bottles - you name it, it's getting chucked out of their windows instead of into the bin. 😡
Post it all through their letterbox. bleeping animals.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
See I’m on the other side because I have neighbours cats coming into my garden constantly front and back, pooing in my boarders, and front drive. I shoo them away and buy cat repellent to try and keep them out but it’s constant, it’s why I don’t have animals as I can’t stand picking up crap lol
I haven’t mentioned it though as obviously outdoor cats so it’s not like they can police where they are going all the time 🤷🏻‍♀️
our old neighbours cat used to poo in our garden . my husband used to get a spade scoop it up and fling it back over their fence !
we loved our neighbour and her cat just not its poo !

• Haha
Reactions: 10
We bought our house 3 years ago and the neighbours we're attached to have NEVER opened any of their curtains. I'm not even kidding here, they've been closed the entire time. There's a woman and I'm guessing her teen son living there.

A parcel got delivered there once and when they opened the door I noticed bits of newspaper on the floor, almost like they were covering up dog piss and would mop it up later, like some kind of puppy pad??? No idea.

Their garden front and back is also a disgrace. All overgrown and with rubbish everywhere. Plus the ivy is creeping over to my side and I'm constantly cutting it all back.

It's annoying because the street is pretty and every other house along here seems to be house proud and takes good care of their homes. Apart from the weird lot next door to us!!

Oh and also, we have a skip on our drive at the moment as we're having an extension done. The neighbours on our other side keep putting their rubbish in it. I don't know why, but I find this really annoying and rude?? Have always got on with them, they're about our age with a little boy and seem lovely. I'm probably being petty here but it wound me up! 😂 🤦‍♀️

I had a really unfortunate moment last week where I was standing at my bedroom window at night and my cat came through the window at the same time my neighbour a couple of doors down arrived home. I said to my cat “where have you been” and it must have echoed out the window or something because my neighbour looked right at me and it must have looked like I was referring to her when I wasn’t I was talking to my cat, so she probably thinks I’m a freak now🙈
I'm sorry, I probably shouldn't laugh, but this had me in absolute stitches!!! 😂

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Oh and also, we have a skip on our drive at the moment as we're having an extension done. The neighbours on our other side keep putting their rubbish in it. I don't know why, but I find this really annoying and rude?? Have always got on with them, they're about our age with a little boy and seem lovely. I'm probably being petty here but it wound me up! 😂 🤦‍♀️
That would annoy me as well. They wouldn't think of putting bags of rubbish in your wheelie bin would they? Same applies to the skip in my mind.

Reactions: 13
The house that backs onto us is owned by a hoarder. Every room is packed with crap as is his garden. He also likes to walk about in the back garden naked while talking on his phone. I say talking but he shouts like Dom joly so all the estate can hear him.
He also has 3 massive sheds in his garden and often sits onto of them pretending to fix his roof when we all know he’s having a good look around.
He also likes to cut his bushes and chuck the branches into peoples gardens.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Not my neighbours, but my sister arranged for a magnolia tree to be cut down in her garden when she moved into the house, as it took up space and blocked sunlight. The old lady next door to her shouted over the fence to the tree surgeon telling him to stop as it was her favourite tree and was crying. Bearing in mind this tree is in my sister's garden and is nowhere near the old lady's garden or house. He chopped it down anyway. She cried again to my brother in law when they bumped into each other out the front. He apologised, but they haven't spoken to her since. I would've felt bad for her being elderly, but she's been awkward with them from the day they moved in over other things.

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Haha
Not my neighbours, but my sister arranged for a magnolia tree to be cut down in her garden when she moved into the house, as it took up space and blocked sunlight. The old lady next door to her shouted over the fence to the tree surgeon telling him to stop as it was her favourite tree and was crying. Bearing in mind this tree is in my sister's garden and is nowhere near the old lady's garden or house. He chopped it down anyway. She cried again to my brother in law when they bumped into each other out the front. He apologised, but they haven't spoken to her since. I would've felt bad for her being elderly, but she's been awkward with them from the day they moved in over other things.
Something similar with my friend when she purchased her house. The front garden had a large bush of pampas grass and once I explained to her that it was associated with swingers she very swiftly wanted to remove it 😂

When she did decide to remove it her neighbour opposite came running over shouting “I don’t think you know what you’re doing! This is a lovely plant and I like watching it sway in the breeze outside my kitchen window”
To which my friend said “oh sorry. Well you can take it if you like”
The neighbour then replied with “I want you to put it back”
With my friend responding “No, I’m removing it and replacing with lavender”

Her neighbour stormed off home effing and blinding! Why do people feel entitled?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
I have lovely neighbours now next door (semi detatched thank god!)

But my old upstairs neighbour was an absolute bleeping nightmare!
She used to do DIY at midnight after being home all day (didn’t work).
they would scrap chairs across their bare floors all night,
their kid would scream all night,
their dog had puppies and the would whine 24/7,
they never cleaned their dog tit up,
they left all their rubbish in the communal garden,
they left their massive dog (rescue) who hated men in the communal hallway, when my husband came home I’d have to go tell her to get him in just so my husband could come through the door,
they once let their kid disconnect their washing machine whilst it was still on so we had water pouring through our ceiling into the kitchen, through all the sockets and light fittings.

Whenever I said anything to her (all the time!) she said I was victimising her 🙈 I mean she made my home life living hell!

We recently had someone move onto our street, she has 2 dogs who live outside and escape 20,000 times a day, bark throughout the night, kids who scream all day/night and the other day they were in the garden playing music so loud until at least midnight 🙈 (our street is mainly elderly people so that won’t go down well!)

• Wow
  • Angry
One of our across the road neighbours used to let their dog out the front every morning and it would come and tit on our front lawn. They have a back garden and a front garden, but just let it wander the street and poo where it liked - which happens to be our front 😖 And they never picked it up.

Reactions: 1
You should tell them babies shouldn't smoke.
Haha 😂

Ours are all mildly annoying. To the left plays ABBA at 6am on a Sunday morning at top volume and their cats tit all day every day in our garden. Next but one to them is a family of teenage boys that just leave their bins blown over on the floor all the time and their 8 cars taking up all the parking. To the right they have a teenage girl that barks like a man so you can hear her at all hours. She also has all her equally odd friends round but on the front garden looking directly into our lounge and they all do weird dances. They also keep saying they don’t want us to put a drive at the front but then always look out the window and as soon as I drive away for 5 minutes, they move a car to be in the spot I just left or take up two spaces because they park like stevie bleeping wonder. Next but one is a couple that bang at all hours, park in our parking spot and let their grandson scream and scream. Next to that there’s some cunting bastard that works for Yorkshire water and has a giant van he refuses to park on his giant drive- instead he parks on the street so lorry’s always get stuck and god forbid anyone needs an ambulance because he wants his huge drive to remain empty. He always leaves his dog outside and leaves it barking and howling for hours, usually 3am. Another neighbour tells you off for driving down the street faster then 5mph. Another one across the road always has his van alarm go off but just ignores it, again usually early hours of the morning as it is faulty. Across the road always has 5000 people round, even during lockdown- they’d slag you off for not clapping for the NHS but they also provide for the Nhs by giving everyone covid by ignoring rules. Some of the neighbours kids have wandered into our garden as well for some reason which I thought was pretty rude.

All in all, my neighbours are all minor dickheads
Lolz. Stevie bleeping Wonder 😂

Reactions: 1
As a cat lover (honestly!) the best thing to stop them is a high powered water pistol thing. You're not hurting them, you're giving them a wee wash!. My ancient cat seems to stay in our back garden, but I've told my neighbours to shoo or splash him with water if he annoys them. Not hot water, obviously 😉
My neighbours didn’t mind my cats but I told them to get a super soaker if they go sick of them visiting. Going by the amount of turds in the litter box I don’t think they were doing their business elsewhere.

I had neighbours who asked us to coordinate our bedtimes and getting up times with theirs. We went up half an hour after them and got up half an hour earlier (our kids at different school with earlier start time). They didn’t like hearing us moving about once they were in bed. When we told them not to be ridiculous WW3 nearly started. Each week they found something new to complain about and used to get up in the middle of the night to throw what sounded like cricket balls against the party wall. They started getting bent out of shape about parking too. There are no driveways on our street so everyone parks as close to their own house as they can but some days you might not get right outside your own door, no biggy. They would go nuclear if anyone parked in front of theirs.

Neighbours before and after them have assured us they don’t hear us. These people must have had bat-like hearing.

The whole street celebrated when they moved.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
My neighbours didn’t mind my cats but I told them to get a super soaker if they go sick of them visiting. Going by the amount of turds in the litter box I don’t think they were doing their business elsewhere.

I had neighbours who asked us to coordinate our bedtimes and getting up times with theirs. We went up half an hour after them and got up half an hour earlier (our kids at different school with earlier start time). They didn’t like hearing us moving about once they were in bed. When we told them not to be ridiculous WW3 nearly started. Each week they found something new to complain about and used to get up in the middle of the night to throw what sounded like cricket balls against the party wall. They started getting bent out of shape about parking too. There are no driveways on our street so everyone parks as close to their own house as they can but some days you might not get right outside your own door, no biggy. They would go nuclear if anyone parked in front of theirs.

Neighbours before and after them have assured us they don’t hear us. These people must have had bat-like hearing.

What the hell is wrong with people that they think that behaviour is normal?!

I mean their kids are going to grow up to expect everyone to accommodate to their rules 🙈

Reactions: 9

Coordinate your bed times :ROFLMAO: that is absolutely ridiculous

Reactions: 17
What the hell is wrong with people that they think that behaviour is normal?!

I mean their kids are going to grow up to expect everyone to accommodate to their rules 🙈
I felt very sorry for their children. Their youngest daughter was the same age as my eldest. At age 5 my daughter came in saying the girl next door wasn’t allowed to talk to her.

Also one time the mother went nuts outside the front as she thought we were laughing at her trying to park. We weren’t looking at her. She had her own kids with her plus their friends. The kids just put their heads down in embarrassment.

Coordinate your bed times :ROFLMAO: that is absolutely ridiculous
Yet at the weekend they’d have parties with loud music going on til 3 or 4 in the morning!

• Wow
  • Angry
I used to live in the downstairs flat of a big old house that had shoddily been converted into flats (you could hear everything).

The woman in the flat above was an office worker by day and a telephone sex worker at night, and seemed to have her noisy, thumping washing machine going all night long, where she'd sit on top of it making lots of 'ooooh' and 'aaaah' noises. She also never closed her curtains at night - seemed to get a right thrill out of passersby seeing everything. A number of people in the flats complained but the landlord was a creepy old geezer who loved to eavesdrop and perv, so complaints fell on deaf ears.

That would annoy me as well. They wouldn't think of putting bags of rubbish in your wheelie bin would they? Same applies to the skip in my mind.
Actually, people do put their rubbish in, or beside, our wheelie bin and it pisses me off big-time. I was complaining about it to another neighbour, who said I should be glad that they're disposing of it responsibly, so told her if I happen to notice it again I'll put it in hers. She'll probably add a post on here about me after that!

A friend lived next door to a hoarder. When she bought her place, it was heavily reduced but she couldn't see any tell-tale signs of what was happening next door. She suspects that they'd just had one of the Council-enforced clean-ups. Over time, the stench has become so bad she was wearing a face mask before Covid came along. She has complained to anyone and everyone who will listen, but nobody will do anything - not even another Council-enforced clean-up. She has to much money tied up in it to sell, and can't afford to rent it out and rent somewhere else herself, so is stuck there. It's a dreadful situation.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.