Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One thing I hate about the nice weather is neighbours in the garden all day .

I go out to sunbathe on my lunch and they are always talking loud to each I just want to hear the birds sing . They have 3 'kids' living at home two over 30 it is ridiculous in such a small house.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
So please tell me if this is weird or I’m being OTT -

my partner went to bed early last night but I stayed up to watch a show I was waiting for. It was approx 9.50pm, I was in my pj’s, no bra, pretty disheveled looking.

we live in a town house and there’s two entrances - 9.50 pm and there’s a loud couple of knocks from the entrance to the hallway. We never have anyone knock so I was a bit shocked, tried to wake my partner up to see who it was but he was dead to the world. I ignored it and decided I’ll just go to bed. Went to the lounge to turn the tv off and saw our neighbour had moved to the the front of the house now lurking about looking up to our windows. I thought wtf, wondering what the hell he wants at 10pm on a Sunday, thought I’ll let the dog out for a wee then go to bed. Also I was looking awful and didn’t fancy putting a bra on. Then I heard my dog downstairs whining and the front door so obviously he had made his way through our front gate to our front door. THEN I heard our front door open!! Our garden is at the front of the house so I hadnt locked the door yet to go to bed (plus we life in a safe area).
The front door then closed again and I thought WHAT THE HELL. I threw on a hoody and leggings as quick as I could and went down to the front door. When I got there he was on the front patio talking to another neighbour who was walking her dog (I can only imagine she asked him what he was doing as she knows it’s not his house)
As I opened the door I heard him say something about noise to our other neighbour. (It was just me up watching the Kardashian’s so there was no noise). I opened the front door and said ‘erm are you ok’ (not in my friendliest tone)
He says ‘ohh erm yes..... I’m a very nosey neighbour ...... and I just noticed that your car window on the right is down a little.... and what worries me even more is your front door isn’t locked....’ I said the front door isn’t locked because I hadn’t gone to bed yet and that’s my partners car, I’ll see if he wants to sort it. Then he went on to comment on my dog and how lovely he was. It was 10pm on a Sunday, he hadnt commented on the time and his needing to be there was not urgent enough to knock on both doors then try to let himself in!! He was lingering on my front patio for ages and his words were drawn out and slow - I’m pretty sure he was drunk.
But why would anyone try and open someone’s front door!! The door wasn’t open, it was just unlocked. All the lights were off in the house so it would have looked from the outside that everyone was in bed so why on earth did he try and open my front door!!
He seemed creepy already but now I never want to see him again.

• Wow
Reactions: 29

my partner went to bed early last night but I stayed up to watch a show I was waiting for. It was approx 9.50pm, I was in my pj’s, no bra, pretty disheveled looking.

we live in a town house and there’s two entrances - 9.50 pm and there’s a loud couple of knocks from the entrance to the hallway. We never have anyone knock so I was a bit shocked, tried to wake my partner up to see who it was but he was dead to the world. I ignored it and decided I’ll just go to bed. Went to the lounge to turn the tv off and saw our neighbour had moved to the the front of the house now lurking about looking up to our windows. I thought wtf, wondering what the hell he wants at 10pm on a Sunday, thought I’ll let the dog out for a wee then go to bed. Also I was looking awful and didn’t fancy putting a bra on. Then I heard my dog downstairs whining and the front door so obviously he had made his way through our front gate to our front door. THEN I heard our front door open!! Our garden is at the front of the house so I hadnt locked the door yet to go to bed (plus we life in a safe area).
The front door then closed again and I thought WHAT THE HELL. I threw on a hoody and leggings as quick as I could and went down to the front door. When I got there he was on the front patio talking to another neighbour who was walking her dog (I can only imagine she asked him what he was doing as she knows it’s not his house)
As I opened the door I heard him say something about noise to our other neighbour. (It was just me up watching the Kardashian’s so there was no noise). I opened the front door and said ‘erm are you ok’ (not in my friendliest tone)
He says ‘ohh erm yes..... I’m a very nosey neighbour ...... and I just noticed that your car window on the right is down a little.... and what worries me even more is your front door isn’t locked....’ I said the front door isn’t locked because I hadn’t gone to bed yet and that’s my partners car, I’ll see if he wants to sort it. Then he went on to comment on my dog and how lovely he was. It was 10pm on a Sunday, he hadnt commented on the time and his needing to be there was not urgent enough to knock on both doors then try to let himself in!! He was lingering on my front patio for ages and his words were drawn out and slow - I’m pretty sure he was drunk.
But why would anyone try and open someone’s front door!! The door wasn’t open, it was just unlocked. All the lights were off in the house so it would have looked from the outside that everyone was in bed so why on earth did he try and open my front door!!
Wow what a creep😳 but please lock your doors even if it is a safe area cause look what happened! Mine are locked as soon as I get in. But my area is an undesirable one but even in a nice one I'd still lock it right away. It's a crazy world!

Reactions: 20
Why is it the norm these days to have kids screaming CONSTANTLY! My mother would've gone off it with me if I had gone on like that. Its like they are immune
We are having this problem. Our house has a big communal green area in front of it and it's gathering area for the kids. They are thrown out to play from morning until night all of them are very young 3-6 I'd estimate. Scream at the top of their lungs all day and night. This past weekend even started throwing their rubbish into our garden. Left toys in our garden and wrapped their hair bobbles around our fence post. Anything on my property got binned...

We have decided to try to move next summer...I can't take it anymore. You can't relax in your own home.

• Wow
Reactions: 10

That is so creepy and unnecessary 🙈 I always lock the door as soon as I come in, I know it probably sounds stupid but it’s just something ive always done. We live in a nice/quiet area but you still don’t know who is about! I remember one time being at work at I got a ring doorbell notification for motion at our house. I looked at it and it was a woman who I’ve never seen before trying to open our front door and then looking under the doormat obviously for a key. When there wasn’t one there she started looking through the windows and went to go round the back of our house. It was the weirdest thing!!! I always thought ahhh what if I was in the house and she just walked right on in 🙈

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Yes everyone please lock your doors I remember hearing about a neighbour on a really nice quiet street, she had left her door unlocked and apparently a man had been stalking her (without her knowing) and he let himself in and beat her up when she told him to leave.
Horrific

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Park on their drive, Apparently, it's legal to park on other people's drive as long as you are not blocking their drive.

I cannot imagine doing such a thing but oh wouldn't it be nice to sometimes get some own back.
Aw, if only!

Yesterday his car was parked on the street, no cars in his drive but also no spaces for me near my house so I really wanted to park over his drive and if he said anything I would say well you’re not feckin using it! My partner advised against it..

Reactions: 3
Aw, if only!

Yesterday his car was parked on the street, no cars in his drive but also no spaces for me near my house so I really wanted to park over his drive and if he said anything I would say well you’re not feckin using it! My partner advised against it..
If you block their drive council and police can get involved but if you park on their drive its nothing to do with the council or police. I never knew that until recently. doesn't make sense really, but oh to have known this a few yers ago :D

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Housing team have called. Apparently the neighbours have said they are getting a surveyor from the same company to visit the property. Not really sure if it's true. Even our neighbourhood lady isn't sure on the truth in that lol. She is going to find out if they really have anyone going to visit.

Neighbours have admitted they don't have the letter of ownership of the land they claimed to have. Housing seem to be on our side still.

They will visit to see the size of the courtyard next week and propose we have a space each. If next door say no, they will say well they own the property and tough luck. But I'm still not convinced housing even have part ownership of the land. Fingers crossed we get a proper resolution soon!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I hate all of my neighbours
They cannot park
They never say hello even though my husband and myself always nod or say good morning etc just to be civil! Even my child says hello and they ignore him!
We have names for them
I can’t wait to move!

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I hate all of my neighbours
They cannot park
They never say hello even though my husband and myself always nod or say good morning etc just to be civil! Even my child says hello and they ignore him!
We have names for them
I can’t wait to move!

I have a neighbor who will only speak to my boyfriend and blanks me completely 😂🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 11
We are having this problem. Our house has a big communal green area in front of it and it's gathering area for the kids. They are thrown out to play from morning until night all of them are very young 3-6 I'd estimate. Scream at the top of their lungs all day and night. This past weekend even started throwing their rubbish into our garden. Left toys in our garden and wrapped their hair bobbles around our fence post. Anything on my property got binned...

We have decided to try to move next summer...I can't take it anymore. You can't relax in your own home.
Kids round our way are playing out until at least 10pm some nights. Young ones too and yes screaming all the time. Dreading the school holidays when the parents will kick them out at 9am and let them back in at 10pm. Kids play out I know they do, I used to play out but I never screamed at the top of my lungs or threw bits of wood around and leave all my toys strewned all over the road. But then you see the state of the parents and then know why their kids are they way they are. The parents look too spliffed off their heads to care they are out screaming until 10pm.

I have a neighbor who will only speak to my boyfriend and blanks me completely 😂🤦🏼‍♀️
I had a neighbour like that where I used to live. He knocked to borrow a lighter for their sons birthday cake once, I answered the door but my boyfriend was in the hall behind me and he literally spoke to my boyfriend over the top of me instead of just asking me 😂 His wife never used to talk to either of us, we barely saw her!

My current neighbours are lovely although one of them is constantly moving his car in and out of the bay outside our house throughout the day. Doesn’t really affect me to be honest but could you be bothered! Every time I hear a noise outside, 9 times out of 10 it’s him moving his car again!

Kids round our way are playing out until at least 10pm some nights. Young ones too and yes screaming all the time. Dreading the school holidays when the parents will kick them out at 9am and let them back in at 10pm. Kids play out I know they do, I used to play out but I never screamed at the top of my lungs or threw bits of wood around and leave all my toys strewned all over the road. But then you see the state of the parents and then know why their kids are they way they are. The parents look too spliffed off their heads to care they are out screaming until 10pm.
Same at mine. It's so depressing

I'm on a couple of FB groups for people with problem neighbours. I thought it would be helpful with laws and whatever. But to be honest they seem to be filled up with people who are so petty about everything I'm wondering if my own neighbour from hell is on there with her complaints about me. 😱🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I'm on a couple of FB groups for people with problem neighbours. I thought it would be helpful with laws and whatever. But to be honest they seem to be filled up with people who are so petty about everything I'm wondering if my own neighbour from hell is on there with her complaints about me. 😱🤣
My old neighbour accused me of stealing her post on the estates Facebook community group 🤣🤣 I rose above it and chose not to reply and left her wondering 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I need to share this with my good tattle friends. Today was unexpected but what a RESULT!

Housing came out. Saw how massive the courtyard is. Told next door she needs to share. Could fit 8 cars at least in here. She doesn’t own it. They own it and they want their tenants to all benefit. So us and them. Share and be fair. Share and be neighbourly. If they block the gate intentionally, it is considered ASB. It is a real win for us. They are putting it in writing and hand delivering next week.
Other neighbours are pissed they might get kicked out because they are council tenants but know it is all because of this neighbour’s petty fault. She was happy for them to park 2-3 cars in there but kicked up a fuss over us for 3 days!!! They know about the first argument and have said it is a result for us but they are worried about themselves. Normally I would care but they've blanked me since too.

I wish I could hear how angry next door is right now because I called her bluff and took action. I won't let this woman try to bully me into where I can and cannot park my car when it is nothing to do with her. I'm sure this won't be the end of it for her but who cares. I'm popping open a bottle tonight

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Talking to my neighbour the other week and says I wanted to replace the 40 year old garage door, she had the same exact one from when these houses were first built.
I mentioned I wanted a roller garage door but they were quite expensive so was thinking about it for a bit.
Who had a roller door installed a week after our conversation? Any guesses?

so now if I get one I look like I’ve copied but it was my bleeping idea! Lol

• Haha
Talking to my neighbour the other week and says I wanted to replace the 40 year old garage door, she had the same exact one from when these houses were first built.
I mentioned I wanted a roller garage door but they were quite expensive so was thinking about it for a bit.
Who had a roller door installed a week after our conversation? Any guesses?

so now if I get one I look like I’ve copied but it was my bleeping idea! Lol
This is what my neighbours are like it drives me insane!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.