Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Same with dogs that bark constantly.... surely it’s getting on the owners nerves as well as everyone else’s?😂😂
We have a dog that barks ALL DAY opposite our house.
Poor thing is locked outside all day while owners are at work, they are foreign and claim to not understand English.
I’ve spoken to them about their kid kicking stones at our car but they couldn’t understand me…convenient

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I got a couple of water features to drown out next doors TV/radio. She is now turning the volume up.

I stopped doing my sewing two years ago because she hated the noise of my ultra-modern very quiet machine. I am now going to restart upcycling clothes for my grandchildren.

Reactions: 11
Same with dogs that bark constantly.... surely it’s getting on the owners nerves as well as everyone else’s?😂😂
We have 2 blood hounds across the road from us and we can hear them in our house from inside their house! They’re mid terrace so I feel for their next doors.

Reactions: 2
As much as I’ve grown to dislike my neighbours (on one side, the others are fine) it does worry me that if we move we will end up with Loud or feral neighbours, at least the idiot next door doesn’t really make any noise even though he was, once again opening and closing the front door when My husband went out this morning.

Reactions: 1
I worry about having people round at my house for a BBQ incase my neighbours start to hate me 🙈 I feel like I've lost all sense of perspective of what is acceptable after previous crazy neighbours

Reactions: 7
I worry about having people round at my house for a BBQ incase my neighbours start to hate me 🙈 I feel like I've lost all sense of perspective of what is acceptable after previous crazy neighbours

Just relax and live your life. I know it's hard as I'm always tiptoeing on eggshells in case I upset the idiot next door as the fallout can be quite drastic. But council/housing and police say I'm not doing anything wrong.

If I'm having a bit of a party and I know we'll be a bit loud, I always knock the neighbours door and pre-warn them. I also say you're welcome to join us of course, knowing they'll decline 😜 As long as you're quite quiet after 10pm most decent, reasonable people don't mind it now and again

Reactions: 5
Our head elderly neighbours have now taken to doing their gardening at 10pm onwards so we can hear clanking watering cans and them slamming their gate while they talk as loudly as possible. I can’t believe they can be so selfish but then the power tools and general noise has been ongoing for years.
Sadly the end of the chain for our house sale collapsed on Friday but I live in hope we can be gone by the end of the year fingers crossed 🤞

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
I wouldn’t mind that at all as long as they aren’t still there at 3am screaming and shouting.
Mine had a birthday party on a Wednesday night started at 8pm went on until 4am, I heard them making a racket and looked outside and they were all chanting? And the nana was wrapped up like a mummy in a blanket I wanted to say can someone put nana to bed? It’s 3am... it’s cold, she’s pissed, she’s 85! Lol
Hate them so much.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
So the feral kids were playing out until gone 11pm last night, screaming and all that jazz. Why let them out in the dark? We live next to a wooded area so you don't know who could be lurking. Worrying.
9am this morning they were back out at it again.
Play out, fine, do what you want but please stop with the screaming. No need.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I wouldn’t mind that at all as long as they aren’t still there at 3am screaming and shouting.
Mine had a birthday party on a Wednesday night started at 8pm went on until 4am, I heard them making a racket and looked outside and they were all chanting? And the nana was wrapped up like a mummy in a blanket I wanted to say can someone put nana to bed? It’s 3am... it’s cold, she’s pissed, she’s 85! Lol
Hate them so much.
You should have screamed out the window NANA IS DEAD!!! then ducked down 🤭🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 8
One of mt neighbours has started smoking weed outside now. Right next to my patio 😡😡
I know exactly how you feel, we have a group of 5 young lads doing it right now next-door.
The smell is all in our house if I have washing out it stinks. But the gangster rap so called music does my head in...

Reactions: 3
If I'm having a bit of a party and I know we'll be a bit loud, I always knock the neighbours door and pre-warn them. I also say you're welcome to join us of course, knowing they'll decline 😜 As long as you're quite quiet after 10pm most decent, reasonable people don't mind it now and again
That's nice of you to do that. I wish my neighbours would do the same. They entertain work people and it can go on until 2am sometimes. They make them sit outside with their coats on the whole time (weird), and the music blares from the house, and the language gets a bit ripe. We've asked them to let us know if they're having a party cos it's polite (and plus I get annoyed when I don't know it's happening and I've planned to sit in the garden and read or something), but they never do. They hate us, but we have no idea why as we don't make any noise.

Reactions: 3
So this worked for me today. We have been sat outside this afternoon and fancied a bit of music however, the clampits that back on to us beat us to it.
Oh darn....
But I still want some music on. Go right ahead and play your music then....so we did....Slipknot, Slayer, Rammstien and even snuck in some Korn for good measure.....some of our favourites. We didn't have it on loud but it made them lot turn theres down ☺
Even overheard someone say "how can you hear what they are singing about though?" 😅

Metal makes everything all right 🤘🤘

I will monitor this thread to see if anyone posts "my neighbours may be devil worshippers" which is something I was accused of at school for being a bit gothic and liking Megadeth 🤪🤪

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
So this worked for me today. We have been sat outside this afternoon and fancied a bit of music however, the clampits that back on to us beat us to it.
Oh darn....
But I still want some music on. Go right ahead and play your music then....so we did....Slipknot, Slayer, Rammstien and even snuck in some Korn for good measure.....some of our favourites. We didn't have it on loud but it made them lot turn theres down ☺
Even overheard someone say "how can you hear what they are singing about though?" 😅

I will monitor this thread to see if anyone posts "my neighbours may be devil worshippers" which is something I was accused of at school for being a bit gothic and liking Megadeth 🤪🤪
I’d take goths living next to me over anyone else on earth! (Ok maybe not an old nana who goes to bed at 8pm)
They are some of the nicest people I’ve met!

• Heart
I know exactly how you feel, we have a group of 5 young lads doing it right now next-door.
The smell is all in our house if I have washing out it stinks. But the gangster rap so called music does my head in...
There's some lads like that in my old street, except one of them used to think he was a rapper

• Sick
Reactions: 1
Oh darn....

I went to see korn about 12 years ago! I'm not a fan as such, but my best friend is a proper Metal head so she dragged me haha. she hasn't persuaded me to do Download yet though! 🤣 nice bit of psycho social to let them know who they're dealing with 😜

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.