Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We used to live in a coachouse and there was 4 car ports underneath for our car and 3 other houses. There was 5 visitor spaces and one neighbour decided to park her car as well as her brothers and a bike in 3 out of the 5 visitor spaces - not the car port.. Then we got blocked in, got pissed off and told them they had 5 mins to move - they did. Eventually they moved out as the woman got caught for benefit fraud then we moved to a bigger house not long after.
Our neighbours now are a pain in the arse, ours is the only house not bought - its council rented. One neighbour thinks we are scum of the earth not buying. Little does she know when we inherit some money in the near future we are buying the house and I will be her worse neighbour 😀.
One neighbour has built a wall around her house to barricade herself in and the only way she can get post and deliveries is for the delivery drivers to stand on our step and lean over to knock on her door.
The other neighbour does bonfires every day - my husband has breathing problems and he struggles with the smell, same woman also shouts at her dog purposely as she knows I have to sleep tues and weds as I work nights. She comes into our garden paints the fence and leaves paint everywhere. One time her tree was hanging over into our garden - she decided to come into our garden cut the tree and leave it in our garden for us to pick up. My husband had a moan and she did pick it up.
If our grass needs cutting she will drop hints, and one time she wanted to paint a wall that was in our garden, we was on holiday and she kept posting post it notes through the door asking that she needs access to our garden now. Shes the type of woman who has to do a job now she wont wait.
Other neighbour breaks lockdown rules then moans on social media when others have broken rules yet shes the worst one.
The list is endless, I could write a book on our neighbours.
It would be easier to move to the countryside where we have no neighbours. 🤣

Reactions: 7
Seems to be common theme here where the people with bad neighbours all seem to have cats 😂

I used to live in an end terrace and the neighbour I was attached to had 2 border terriers which he left for upto 12 hours a day and they’d bark at the living room window constantly. SSPCA wouldn’t do anything because the dogs had shelter and access to water and it wasn’t over 12 hours, I think he read up on the rules. Council didn’t give a tit cause he owned the house.

Walls were paper thin, I could hear the guy coughing it was that bad. He used to use an exercise bike in the mornings and we could hear the whirring of the wheel.

Our house was a council house and we did a mutual exchange. On the day we were moving the person moving into our house started unloading his moving van and I was very amused when he started taking guitars, keyboards, drums etc into the house.. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I mean not too weird but we find them very weird.
we live in a terraced house and on the right to us lives a woman (I’d say 50/60) and I’m assuming her two adult children (30’s). our kitchen faces their kitchen window so if I’m doing the washing up etc I can see in and vice versa. whenever we go into the kitchen and they are in theirs they will run out of the kitchen and turn all the lights off. If they are in their garden and we go out into ours they will run into the house (when I say running I literally mean running).
One evening I went into my kitchen (it’s right next to the living room and was grabbing something from the fridge so didn’t turn the light on) in their window I could see the older woman sat on a stool staring into our house not even moving (she couldn’t see me as the light was out). The older woman is very abusive towards her daughter verbally and I have heard her from the bathroom window which makes me feel uncomfortable hearing what she says. The daughter also won’t ever look anyone in the eye, if I see her out on the street she has her head down not looking at anyone.
generally during the day I don’t hear much from them but if I’m up into the night say 2-3pm I constantly hear moving furniture and banging.
Theirs lots of other things I could say but when I say it to people I know they say that behaviour isn’t weird but I find it VERY strange.
I have no idea who told you that's not weird cause that is weird?????? WTF??

Reactions: 18
My neighbour asked me to stop our cat from going into his garden. Am I supposed to be watching his every move and stop him from doing what cats do?
if you don’t like him in your garden, just shoo him away! something so small and trivial, but he’s a miserable hole and I’ve never liked him so this annoyed me even more. Bear in mind here that he is literally only wandering around sniffing things, just being a cat, not doing anything wrong.
Tbh, I’m with your neighbour! I’ve got 3 children, and I’m forever clearing up cat poo from their play areas, it’s dirty and it stinks. I hate it. We get 3 different cats wandering in from various neighbours and it drives me absolutely insane.

Reactions: 23
Tbh, I’m with your neighbour! I’ve got 3 children, and I’m forever clearing up cat poo from their play areas, it’s dirty and it stinks. I hate it. We get 3 different cats wandering in from various neighbours and it drives me absolutely insane.
My cat has a litter box. He has his tea, goes in his box and then goes out. It’s not nice but while I can’t abide my neighbours it’s horrible finding cat tit.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
My cat goes in her litter box too. Now I can't claim that she NEVER goes anywhere else as obviously I'm not watching her 24/7, but none of our neighbours have ever mentioned anything to us anyway.

If you want to keep the neighbours cats out of your garden though, sprinkle some lemon juice around the garden ( doesn't have to be fresh, Jif or the equivalent if fine) or scatter lemon/lime/orange peel around your garden.
Cats don't like the citrus scent so won't go near it and obviously it's safe for your children too.

Reactions: 12
Maybe he is lonely, and doesn't know how to start a conversation.
He will talk to men and 1female nighbour. He makes you feel uncomfortable when he stares out the window, we have w school down our road and parents have noticed his behaviour. He stands at his kitchen sink lookin out the window most of the time. Very uncomfortable when you want to sit in your garden n he is lookin Over.

Reactions: 2
My neighbours cat comes into my garden and digs up around my flowers particularly the rose that my Nana bought me and it shits all over it - she’s dead now and it’s very special to me. They also came round to my house to shout at me when same cat appeared in my garden only to have my dog chase it which apparently according to them, he shouldn’t have done. So, YOUR cat comes into MY garden, shits all over, digs up my flowers, gets its comeuppance when my dog scares it (the same dog whose tit I actually pick up) and YOU come round to scream at me?! No, love - I shouldn’t have to just accept that you and your feral cat think it’s perfectly acceptable to do that. I felt like throwing bags of dog tit over her wall.
I’d be livid at that too..

Reactions: 2
Don’t get me started. Mine has grown ivy all over my fence. I want to replace my fences but literally no point while the ivy is running wild. Drives me crazy. Any suggestions on how I can get rid of this ivy? He has lived in the house since it was built & thinks he owns the road! I would in an ideal world like no neighbours 😂
Anyway- this ivy?! How can I get rid of it?! X

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Where do I start???? STALKER. He’s like a fishwife. Washes his car 50 times a week, mows the grass 60. Just so he can be outside all the time. Someone can’t even walk by and he ambushes them. He thinks he’s a ticket, stalks about with his coffee and his short shorts and his ugly dog. We are in a semi detached and he’s the detached side so not even directly next door. He does stretches and exercises right outside our window before going on his run. He has cameras pointing into our garden. He was stalking my insta. He had a party this weekend and was shouting stuff over the fence. My husband is ready to kill him but he’s such a weasel he’s not worth it. Honestly he’s made our lives a misery, there’s so much more. He has already made multiple people move from the estate. When we did used to talk to him he would spread vile rumours about other neighbours. His wife is like a mute. Don’t see or hear a peep out of her.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
As a cat lover (honestly!) the best thing to stop them is a high powered water pistol thing. You're not hurting them, you're giving them a wee wash!. My ancient cat seems to stay in our back garden, but I've told my neighbours to shoo or splash him with water if he annoys them. Not hot water, obviously 😉

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
As a cat lover (honestly!) the best thing to stop them is a high powered water pistol thing. You're not hurting them, you're giving them a wee wash!. My ancient cat seems to stay in our back garden, but I've told my neighbours to shoo or splash him with water if he annoys them. Not hot water, obviously 😉
Please DON'T spray the cat, especially not with a 'high powered water pistol'. You're not 'giving them a wee wash'. You're traumatising the cat. Anyone who suggests such a thing can't possibly describe themselves as a 'cat lover'. :mad:

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
We have cats..everyone else around us have dogs, that bark from 5am until 5pm and their owners have either left for the day or arent bothered about them barking, they're up so everyone else must be eh. Especially with lockdown this has really started to annoy me.. but with me having cats I cant say much directly to them. Dogs are dogs and cats are cats. Although our cats do come in for a tit, which I half hate because they stink sometimes, but appreciate because I feel better knowing their doing in our house and would hate for anyone to harm them for doing it in someone else's garden!

Reactions: 6
I’ve got a good few neighbours, our upstairs ones
Are ok, they have their moments. We share a back garden (classed as communal) last year played her face up cos my washin gets
On her nerves! I have to look at it not her and her washin that stays out for days! She reported me to our housin officer who was on my side and told me to humour her but sayin she can use the front garden all she wants as long as
I can keep
My washin our the back, she has never sat in the garden out the back And I’ve made the front garden really nice.
We have another neighbour over the road we call mr perv.... he is the biggest knob! Has a drive but parks on the road, stares out his kitchen window all day watchin, if any body is talkin he comes out n cleans part of his car or brings shoppin in (he takes days bringjn his shopping in on purpose so he can nose at us all) he parks so close to our boot knowin my husband uses a wheelchair so we need access to the boot! Nobody likes him. Not once did he clap for the nhs! All my other neighbours are lovely,
I didn’t clap for the NHS either. Was it compulsory? *NHS nurse/doctor household

• Haha
Reactions: 46
We have cats..everyone else around us have dogs, that bark from 5am until 5pm and their owners have either left for the day or arent bothered about them barking, they're up so everyone else must be eh. Especially with lockdown this has really started to annoy me.. but with me having cats I cant say much directly to them. Dogs are dogs and cats are cats. Although our cats do come in for a tit, which I half hate because they stink sometimes, but appreciate because I feel better knowing their doing in our house and would hate for anyone to harm them for doing it in someone else's garden!
Funnily enough the neighbour on the other sides dog barks constantly - mine goes to my mums in the day so he’s not alone!

Funnily enough the neighbour on the other sides dog barks constantly - mine goes to my mums in the day so he’s not alone!
It honestly drives me crazy. I've grown up with dogs but it's the last year that's really got to me. I feel bad because the dog next door is old and we really get on with the lady and I dont have the heart to tell her when she asks if it annoys us, and she is so so lovely about our cats and made a little gap for our cats to get through to their garden so I just deal with it now. Were looking to move when lockdown is all over anyways!

Reactions: 1
When I was growing up and living at my parents house, we had a neighbour who lived in the house behind us who was quite eccentric. He would build kit cars etc. I think that he was burning something to do with one of them and put petrol on it, causing a huge explosion. I was on my laptop in the living room with my parents and we all screamed as the widows nearly came in. 😂😂 The neighbours on the other side of us ran out of the house too. 😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Love this thread!

I don’t have any interesting stories, we live on a new build estate (been here 2 years) and don’t know much about anyone on the street. We hardly ever see anyone it’s really odd!

not very interesting but my mum’s next door neighbour leaves her washing out in all weathers - including absolute pissing down rain and even snow! The garden was literally thick with snow in the middle of winter and she left her washing out all day throughout the blizzard. She said she likes the fresh smell from it being outside 🤷‍♀️ I dread to think what it smells like after being rain soaked and left to dry in freezing temperatures! I just don’t get it - I’ve had a few neighbours that leave their washing out for days on end. Surely it needs washing again by the time they bring it in?!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.