Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would just smile and wave, it sounds like the wee one can’t help it really and his parents will be telling him not to do it.
So yeah, smile and wave and be pleasant. I know it’s not nice and annoying however it won’t be forever, they will probably grow out of it. To be honest I wish this was my problem 🙈 our neighbour is a steroid user with a massive chip on his shoulder, aggressive and always trying to intimidate us.xx

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Kind of a neighbour story but more asking for advice.

My neighbours kid has an annoying habit of pressing his face against my lounge window and staring at me. You can’t see in my lounge unless your face is up against it.

I want something to deter him from coming on my front lawn and doing that. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking of a planter box so he physically can’t get up to my window but resent having to pay 100s for it!

I’m sick of having my blinds shut tbh!
I keep getting people looking in too. I'm getting some film for my window where I can see out and they can't see in.

Reactions: 5
I would just smile and wave, it sounds like the wee one can’t help it really and his parents will be telling him not to do it.
So yeah, smile and wave and be pleasant. I know it’s not nice and annoying however it won’t be forever, they will probably grow out of it. To be honest I wish this was my problem 🙈 our neighbour is a steroid user with a massive chip on his shoulder, aggressive and always trying to intimidate us.xx
Yeh I definitely feel lucky when I read this thread!

Reactions: 5
Neighbours with fire pits. Our next door neighbour had a fire pit going last night but it stunk our house out. I had opened the windows upstairs for a bit, went up to close them and wondered what the smokey smell was. Stunk the house out 😒

What are peoples thoughts on neighbours with fire pits 🤔

• Angry
Reactions: 9
My due date was yesterday. Woke up to horrendous noise. Went upstairs to see they have begun a full renovation right above us expected to continue until July 🙈

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Neighbours with fire pits. Our next door neighbour had a fire pit going last night but it stunk our house out. I had opened the windows upstairs for a bit, went up to close them and wondered what the smokey smell was. Stunk the house out 😒

I hate fire pits. One of my neighbours burns stuff all the time in the summer and has a fire pit going in the evenings at weekends. Garden waste and paper -at least once a week; it’s usually in the mornings when everyone has their windows open to let in the cool morning air. Thankfully he’s sold his house so hoping he will be gone by time it gets really hot. 🤞

Reactions: 4

My old neighbour had a log burner in a mid terrace and it stunk. The grey Ash was constantly all over the driveway and our cars. I know it wasn't intentionally but it was so annoying

Reactions: 2
Oh god, I have been wanting to get a chiminea for our garden 🤭 though we’re in a smokeless borough so we have to burn certain things so I don’t think it will disturb anyone at the end of our garden. Don’t want to be the hated neighbour!

Reactions: 3
Not a fire pit but cannabis. I don't know when it became acceptable for anyone to smoke it so much that even with the windows closed but the summer vents open, it permeates my home.

• Angry
Reactions: 18

This is a good question. I was all set to get a firepit, seduced by the idea of crackling flames and all the family sitting round....but I was told by a frieend that the reality is everyone goes home with the clothes & hair smelling of smoke and it's not very considerate to your neighbours in a small suburban garden. Plus there are all the potentially worrying particulates in the smoke! So I've gone for a halogen heater and given up on my dreams of toasting s'mores over my own roaring fire!

Pizza ovens are just as bad. Our neighbours got one last summer and they're not very good at lighting it so it seems to just smoulder for hours and emits a really horrid smell and smoke trail. I had to bring a full line of washing in on sunday as they decided to attempt to cook their lunch in it :mad: I was chuntering away like a squirrel while doing it, muttering about selfish idiots in their gardens ..........

• Angry
Reactions: 7
Not a fire pit but cannabis. I don't know when it became acceptable for anyone to smoke it so much that even with the windows closed but the summer vents open, it permeates my home.
Relate to this a lot. My downstairs neighbour smokes in his flat all year round and in the summer in the garden too. It comes in through the vents and my bathroom is above is garden so when it’s hot (my flat is a major sun catcher) I have the window open and I’ve come home to what smells like someone’s hot boxed my flat! Drives me mad.

Oh god, I have been wanting to get a chiminea for our garden 🤭 though we’re in a smokeless borough so we have to burn certain things so I don’t think it will disturb anyone at the end of our garden. Don’t want to be the hated neighbour!
I'm sure defra smokeless regulations only cover chimneys on buildings, not gardens .edit- obviously burning all sorts of crap isn't allowed, but wood and charcoal can be burned outdoors.

My husband is always cooking on the barbecue so that probably annoys the neighbours. I'm used to having my washing out when he has the barbecue on . But if the neighbour is burning stuff in his garden, I have to check we aren't on fire

Kind of a neighbour story but more asking for advice.

My neighbours kid has an annoying habit of pressing his face against my lounge window and staring at me. You can’t see in my lounge unless your face is up against it.

I want something to deter him from coming on my front lawn and doing that. Does anyone have any suggestions? I was thinking of a planter box so he physically can’t get up to my window but resent having to pay 100s for it!

I’m sick of having my blinds shut tbh!
You can buy frosted glass covering for windows on Amazon for a few pounds. People use it on their windows if they live right next to the path, etc.

Ive just realised why my house and garden have stuck of smoke the past few days - someone must have a fire pit. I ran to the tumble dryer at first thinking it was exploding, then went out to the garden where I could tell it was from outside but it wasn't a barbecue smell really.

You can buy frosted glass covering for windows on Amazon for a few pounds. People use it on their windows if they live right next to the path, etc.
Thanks. It’s not so much that Im worried about him seeing in, it’s the fact that he comes into my garden at all. As long as he can get to the window, he would still press his face against it because he has impulse issues. And seeing that face appear freaks me out. So I was thinking of something that will be an obvious barrier like a flower bed or something that obviously signals that he can’t access the window so don’t bother

Where are his parents when he's gawping in your window? I know you've said he has issues, but that's no excuse for them not to tell him he can't keep looking in your window. Any kid can learn that it's rude.

Reactions: 16
Where are his parents when he's gawping in your window? I know you've said he has issues, but that's no excuse for them not to tell him he can't keep looking in your window. Any kid can learn that it's rude.
Incorrect. Some children and adults with “issues” cannot understand personal space, boundaries or what is seen as socially acceptable. I work with children like this on a daily basis - they will eventually get bored but its something they’re fascinated by currently.

Reactions: 13
So annoying🤬 Have the exact same as yourself. Soon as l go to turn into my drive the smell hits you. As they are working from home its constant. Only time get a break is when they go out.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.