Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We have recently moved in and I already have a hatred towards our neighbours. Our development is full of people 30s wannabe 50s “Karen” types. We were watching the boxing a few Saturdays ago and before it started had some music on the tv. Our neighbour came round at 8pm and asked us to turn it down - it wasn’t even particularly loud. Then today, a guy pulled up outside 2 houses down in his car this morning about 9am with music on (my bf said he heard it a little but I didn’t even hear it) he was obviously picking someone up or dropping something off to our neighbours neighbour, and we watched the same neighbour who came to us at 8pm on a Saturday night go outside and say turn it down. It was 9am on a Monday morning and the car was literally there about 30 seconds. Now I dread doing anything in case the neighbours are arseholes. We bought this house we’re entitled to live in it how we want as well! Next time I’m going to tell them to F off
If I had been driving that car and she told me to turn it down she would have gotten a right mouthful off me before I doubled the volume 🤣

Reactions: 1
So my next door neighbours had stinky wheelie bins. One day I couldnt take it anymore. After the bin men had been I got a huge bucket of hot water and little bit of bleach and put it in their wheelie bin. Scrubbed it out with the brush I use for my bins and emptied it out and rinsed it with my hose. I was doing mine anyway so I thought I may as well. I didn't even think they would notice because I thought they were at work.
Later that day I get a knock on the door and it is Mr. NextDoor. He says Mrs. NextDoor had been crying all morning because I had embarrassed her by cleaning her bins. He said that the fact that I sweep my path everyday and wash my front door and door step and bin every week was ridiculous and I was clearly doing it to show up my neighbours! And that cleaning someone else's bins was harassment!
Some people I tell this story to are completely on their side. I was actually trying to save them embarrassment! I didn't want to knock on their door and tell them to clean their stinking bins. I just wanted to be able to walk out of my house without smelling their manky bins 😂 what do you all think?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
So my next door neighbours had stinky wheelie bins. One day I couldnt take it anymore. After the bin men had been I got a huge bucket of hot water and little bit of bleach and put it in their wheelie bin. Scrubbed it out with the brush I use for my bins and emptied it out and rinsed it with my hose. I was doing mine anyway so I thought I may as well. I didn't even think they would notice because I thought they were at work.
Later that day I get a knock on the door and it is Mr. NextDoor. He says Mrs. NextDoor had been crying all morning because I had embarrassed her by cleaning her bins. He said that the fact that I sweep my path everyday and wash my front door and door step and bin every week was ridiculous and I was clearly doing it to show up my neighbours! And that cleaning someone else's bins was harassment!
Some people I tell this story to are completely on their side. I was actually trying to save them embarrassment! I didn't want to knock on their door and tell them to clean their stinking bins. I just wanted to be able to walk out of my house without smelling their manky bins 😂 what do you all think?
I would probably have thanked you and dropped off a wee box of chocolates 😂 bins smell awful and it's not exactly a fun job to scrub out a wheely bin!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
I would have laughed through the blinds snd thought thank duck, rather her than me

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Who the duck has time to “compete” and “show up” their neighbours. She needs to get a grip and clean her manky bin herself or say thank you

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Can you do mine please

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Any time 😂 I'll bring my special brush
Some people sound too precious. Like I get she might of felt embarrassed about it but I think if it was me and I felt embarrassed I would say thank you first and say I am sorry my bins stink so badly but thank you for going out of your way to be neighbourly. Maybe that is just me!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I can relate to this. My neighbour used to rudely hang her plastics recycling bag on my wrought iron fence through the week, complete with all their stinking meat trays that they couldn't be bothered to wash out properly. You could see flies and bits of festering meat in the summer 🤢 I don't hang anything on my fence so no idea why they started doing it, they had a place for their own bag. Then on bin day she'd hang the bag on my fence at the end of my driveway, causing all the plastic to be blown everywhere and spill out. My driveway is nowhere near their house, no logic for her doing it. Just as I was ready to lose my tit she stopped doing it... must have seen the look on my face one day 😄🤦🏼‍♀️

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
We have recently moved in and I already have a hatred towards our neighbours. Our development is full of people 30s wannabe 50s “Karen” types. We were watching the boxing a few Saturdays ago and before it started had some music on the tv. Our neighbour came round at 8pm and asked us to turn it down - it wasn’t even particularly loud. Then today, a guy pulled up outside 2 houses down in his car this morning about 9am with music on (my bf said he heard it a little but I didn’t even hear it) he was obviously picking someone up or dropping something off to our neighbours neighbour, and we watched the same neighbour who came to us at 8pm on a Saturday night go outside and say turn it down. It was 9am on a Monday morning and the car was literally there about 30 seconds. Now I dread doing anything in case the neighbours are arseholes. We bought this house we’re entitled to live in it how we want as well! Next time I’m going to tell them to F off
The thing is though, in many houses the walls are far too thin. Some people really cannot tolerate other people‘s noise, especially loud music. Music travels very well through walls, almost too well.

What is your neighbour like ordinarily? Maybe he is just sensitive to louder noise, but otherwise a nice chap.

Reactions: 2
my neighbours have also been having parties until about 3 am
the funny thing is tho, my neighbour is the son of my landlord 🤷‍♀️ 😂
My neighbours are friends with their landlord.
I say landlord but he isn’t even registered.
His friends pay his mortgage while he lives in another country. He doesn’t care at all, his mortgage is being paid.
Our neighbours are awful, the guy is also creepy and will stand at his window watching me speak to the other neighbours, who does that?!

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I’ve had neighbours that complained about every floorboard creak after 10pm but would randomly have parties with loud music and banging until 4 am!

The thing is though, in many houses the walls are far too thin. Some people really cannot tolerate other people‘s noise, especially loud music. Music travels very well through walls, almost too well.

What is your neighbour like ordinarily? Maybe he is just sensitive to louder noise, but otherwise a nice chap.
well if he’s so sensitive to music to the point of running outside when a car pulls up on the street with music playing and runs out to tell them off he should consider living in rural countryside? So I’m not allowed to play music at all because he doesn’t like it? Never seen them or met them otherwise, we moved in a couple of months ago, not exactly the way I’d behave towards new neighbours if someone just moved in!

Reactions: 4
I don’t mind my neighbours playing music at all - it’s when it’s still playing full blast at 11pm, 12am, 1am on a night. I have music on during the day, sometimes I turn it up but never to the point where I think next door could hear it. Some people can be busy body’s but for me, it’s affecting my mental health so much so that I now dread going to bed incase I have to listen to their music well into the night.

Reactions: 4
My nightmare neighbours strike again...I missed a parcel the other day which they have taken in. I’ve knocked on three times, all three times they had their blinds open and saw me walk up their garden but they haven’t answered the door...they’re holding my parcel hostage!

I don’t even know what it is, I think it may be a gift as I’m not expecting anything so I can’t even contact the company it came from. I’m about to go and knock on again but my anxiety is through the roof, what do I even do?! JUST GIVE ME MY tit

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
My nightmare neighbours strike again...I missed a parcel the other day which they have taken in. I’ve knocked on three times, all three times they had their blinds open and saw me walk up their garden but they haven’t answered the door...they’re holding my parcel hostage!

I don’t even know what it is, I think it may be a gift as I’m not expecting anything so I can’t even contact the company it came from. I’m about to go and knock on again but my anxiety is through the roof, what do I even do?! JUST GIVE ME MY tit
that’s against the law surely to withhold people’s mail. Contact the police

I thought with Covid, parcels couldn’t be delivered to neighbours? I put a note on the front door saying please leave parcels in porch and 9 times out of 10 it works.

Exactly! I just like my front to be nice and tidy! I dont care what anyone else is doing 😂 I just like clean air 😂😂
I thought with Covid, parcels couldn’t be delivered to neighbours? I put a note on the front door saying please leave parcels in porch and 9 times out of 10 it works.
I don't know what company the parcel was from, but the delivery people that seem to come to my building are CONSTANTLY delivering to the wrong people, the delivered 2 parcels to my neighbour, one was for him, one was for me, seemingly didn't notice the different address on it... luckily my neighbours are okay and they rang to give it to us :LOL:

Nope, Royal Mail are still allowing neighbours to take parcels in. I’ve had a few for other neighbours too. I’m terraced so haven’t got that option unfortunately

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.