Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My ex boyfriend and his family were absolute nightmare neighbours in my opinion. They lived in a semi detached with shared parking but no actual allocated space. My boyfriend had his car, his step dad had a big van and his mum had a car. So bare in mind 3 cars in a shared car park is a lot, it was a small street. They would constantly argue with the neighbour over parking, he had one car and would sometimes park in one of “their” spaces which wasn’t actually theirs, or if he had a guest they would park. Most people would be considerate but no they would put notes through the door saying they know the van needs to be parked there or whatever. I used to just think ffs let it go. They got a ring doorbell and would just sit watching it moaning over the parking.

The neighbour also had a skip and it had to be in a parking space, they went mental, rang the skip company and said it couldn’t go there, they turned round and said it’s a shared space so it can. They complained to the company and all sorts. Regular complainers.

Never had a nice word to say about anyone let alone neighbours. The neighbours also had an extension built and it turned out it was being let out (legally) on air B and B etc. The ex’s family reported them for not having licenses etc and gave false bad reviews on air B and B. Shocking really!! So glad I’m away from that family.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
My neighbours are just awful. It’s a rental so I’m hoping if I keep complaining they will get evicted.
no disregard to the pandemic. Has parties and people in and out the whole time.
we’re in tier 3 and right now at 8am on a Sunday the music is still blaring through the house and shouting and being obnoxious. People in there who don’t live there. I am at my wits end. It’s so stressful.
we can’t complain to the council as we want to sell our house and it will never sell with a dispute with the neighbours. I absolutely hate them. I don’t know what to do.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
My neighbours are just awful. It’s a rental so I’m hoping if I keep complaining they will get evicted.
no disregard to the pandemic. Has parties and people in and out the whole time.
we’re in tier 3 and right now at 8am on a Sunday the music is still blaring through the house and shouting and being obnoxious. People in there who don’t live there. I am at my wits end. It’s so stressful.
we can’t complain to the council as we want to sell our house and it will never sell with a dispute with the neighbours. I absolutely hate them. I don’t know what to do.
What about an anonymous tip off to the police that they are partying, breaking rules etc? You could add on a few other things if you catch my drift to make sure they get investigated.

Reactions: 6
What about an anonymous tip off to the police that they are partying, breaking rules etc? You could add on a few other things if you catch my drift to make sure they get investigated.
I did think about the police. I just want them gone it’s so miserable.
especially after the announcement yesterday it’s so disrespectful

I did think about the police. I just want them gone it’s so miserable.
especially after the announcement yesterday it’s so disrespectful
If I was you, I'd deffo report to the police. Don't give your name, just explain what they are doing/have been doing. People have been fined for having parties during lockdown. You have a right to be happy in the home you've worked hard to pay for. The landlord isn't listening so you need to try another option. I feel so bad for you it's the worst thing ever having bad neighbours. Contact your local council to see how you can find out if the landlord is even registered. He has a duty to make sure his tenants are following tenancy rules.

Reactions: 7
I’ve wrote about my neighbours before playing loud music and I’ve sat for nearly 3 hours listening to their music, so loud. I’ve rang the out of hours team at my council, said they would ring back to take more details, nothing. I’m so fed up. Sat with headphones on 😞 Theres 2 kids next door as well where the music is, don’t they care about them needing sleep? I lost my temper about an hour ago and banged on the wall and they banged back and turned it up!

• Sad
  • Angry
  • Wow
I’ve wrote about my neighbours before playing loud music and I’ve sat for nearly 3 hours listening to their music, so loud. I’ve rang the out of hours team at my council, said they would ring back to take more details, nothing. I’m so fed up. Sat with headphones on 😞 Theres 2 kids next door as well where the music is, don’t they care about them needing sleep? I lost my temper about an hour ago and banged on the wall and they banged back and turned it up!
I really feel for you. What a pity your Council takes no action.

Reactions: 1
I really feel for you. What a pity your Council takes no action.
I’ve filled in a online complaint form my council offer so I’ll get some sort of response tomorrow but the music won’t be playing then! It’s such a vicious cycle! Spoken to a housing officer twice about the situation and nothing.
I struggle to sleep as it is and god knows how long I’ll be awake tonight listening to sh*t music!

Reactions: 2
If I was you, I'd deffo report to the police. Don't give your name, just explain what they are doing/have been doing. People have been fined for having parties during lockdown. You have a right to be happy in the home you've worked hard to pay for. The landlord isn't listening so you need to try another option. I feel so bad for you it's the worst thing ever having bad neighbours. Contact your local council to see how you can find out if the landlord is even registered. He has a duty to make sure his tenants are following tenancy rules.
People don’t realise how awful it is when you’re in the hands of obnoxious bastard neighbours. Im sorry you have to put up with their torment. In my option it’s a form of bullying and 100% needs to be taken more seriously then it does.

Reactions: 7
I’ve filled in a online complaint form my council offer so I’ll get some sort of response tomorrow but the music won’t be playing then! It’s such a vicious cycle! Spoken to a housing officer twice about the situation and nothing.
I struggle to sleep as it is and god knows how long I’ll be awake tonight listening to sh*t music!
I can recommend Bio Ears for earplugs. They’re very safe and comfortable to wear.

I think you will have to try and record the times they play their music and make sure the Council take heed of it.

I'm not sure if these rules still apply but when I had issues with a neighbour making too much noise i phoned the police, surprisingly they did come out and spoke to culprits. As we all were Housing Association tenants the police inform the housing association of any activity. If they get more than 3 warnings then they are dealt with, possibly evicted. I really hope that these rules are still in place.
Keep on with HA they have to do something or better still go to police.
Make a diary each day of when its happening, the time and how long for. If you can record it then even better.
Good luck x

my neighbours have also been having parties until about 3 am
the funny thing is tho, my neighbour is the son of my landlord 🤷‍♀️ 😂

• Wow
  • Angry
I would deffo be reporting to the police. That is just taking the piss!
yup, i decided i'm calling the police the next time it happens
i was just scared of them finding out and then the landlord kicking me out or something :(😂

• Sad
Reactions: 1
i was just scared of them finding out and then the landlord kicking me out or something :(😂
If they go down that route you'd be within your rights to sue them. Have a look online at Shelter they are really helpful. I had some landlord problems in the past and they gave great advice. Is the landlords son working? If he's claiming housing benefit and it's then paid to his dad that's illegal.

Reactions: 3
I would also suggest trying to get your other neighbours to do the same, they cannot ignore calls about the same issue from numerous people (hopefully)

my neighbours have also been having parties until about 3 am
the funny thing is tho, my neighbour is the son of my landlord 🤷‍♀️ 😂
Call the Police and stress to them they must keep your name out of it. They are breaking the lockdown rules, so that can be your first reason, not to mention the hideous racket coming from them.

If they go down that route you'd be within your rights to sue them. Have a look online at Shelter they are really helpful. I had some landlord problems in the past and they gave great advice. Is the landlords son working? If he's claiming housing benefit and it's then paid to his dad that's illegal.
I would also suggest trying to get your other neighbours to do the same, they cannot ignore calls about the same issue from numerous people (hopefully)
Call the Police and stress to them they must keep your name out of it. They are breaking the lockdown rules, so that can be your first reason, not to mention the hideous racket coming from them.
you are right, it should be my right, they don't own me just because the own the flat!
i don't think the son is working but he could be working from home, i'm not sure

We have recently moved in and I already have a hatred towards our neighbours. Our development is full of people 30s wannabe 50s “Karen” types. We were watching the boxing a few Saturdays ago and before it started had some music on the tv. Our neighbour came round at 8pm and asked us to turn it down - it wasn’t even particularly loud. Then today, a guy pulled up outside 2 houses down in his car this morning about 9am with music on (my bf said he heard it a little but I didn’t even hear it) he was obviously picking someone up or dropping something off to our neighbours neighbour, and we watched the same neighbour who came to us at 8pm on a Saturday night go outside and say turn it down. It was 9am on a Monday morning and the car was literally there about 30 seconds. Now I dread doing anything in case the neighbours are arseholes. We bought this house we’re entitled to live in it how we want as well! Next time I’m going to tell them to F off

• Wow
  • Haha
We have recently moved in and I already have a hatred towards our neighbours. Our development is full of people 30s wannabe 50s “Karen” types. We were watching the boxing a few Saturdays ago and before it started had some music on the tv. Our neighbour came round at 8pm and asked us to turn it down - it wasn’t even particularly loud. Then today, a guy pulled up outside 2 houses down in his car this morning about 9am with music on (my bf said he heard it a little but I didn’t even hear it) he was obviously picking someone up or dropping something off to our neighbours neighbour, and we watched the same neighbour who came to us at 8pm on a Saturday night go outside and say turn it down. It was 9am on a Monday morning and the car was literally there about 30 seconds. Now I dread doing anything in case the neighbours are arseholes. We bought this house we’re entitled to live in it how we want as well! Next time I’m going to tell them to F off
The antisocial hours are after 11pm and before 7am. Obviously there has to be limits on volume but through a tv you’re doing nothing wrong. We have noisy neighbours and it’s suffocating but if the musics off after 11pm then no issue. When it’s still thumping through your house at 3am is when you have problems 😂

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.