Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought it meant legal disputes over land etc. I assume loads of people move because of their neighbours and probably don't disclose it
Oh very much so.

But, it means if you have had any falling outs which have resulted in court cases, or legal disputes, then you would have to declare that.

Reactions: 2
I thought it meant legal disputes over land etc. I assume loads of people move because of their neighbours and probably don't disclose it
I am pretty sure its a statutory requirement that they ask the question. As far as i know, you aren't expected to disclose little disagreements or anything informal. Its only required if you have involved outside organisations such as environmental health, Police etc. Hence why the previous owner of our first house had to declare it as he had been in a physical fight with the neighbour where the Police were called.

We moved into a flat in a manison block on a resedential street in january so we don't know many neighbours. Walking to and from the little tesco we sometimes use i always noticed an old lady sitting by her window as if watching the world go by. During lockdown and on the way to the shops I thought I'd check on her so I walked up her path to ask if she needed anything. She smiled and thanked me but said she was fine. I told her I would making macaroni cheese that evening and asked if she'd like some. She said ooh yes please. I also thought it would be nice to repeat the offer during lockdown. I dropped off a two portion tupperware of MC that evening. The following day she knocked on the window as I walked by. She gave me the tupperware back with most of the MC still in it and said 'sorry love its too bland for my taste, you need a bit of paprika or garlic in it'

Now even tho I like both of those things when I make MC I just want simply that - macaroni with three cheeses and no additions. She's seen me walk by him in doors a few time and she added 'you'll not keep hold of a handsome fella like that if you feed him shite like that' 😳 She then had the cheek to ask if I would pick her up a newspaper and a loaf of bread. I couldn't refuse but since then we take a different route walking to the local shops. Talk about ungrateful.
Cheeky maier! I mean at least be polite and empty and wash your tupperware and say thank you very much but next time I'll pass as it wasnt quite to my taste.
Speak as I find, but some elderly people are just damn right rude.

Reactions: 5
I almost did a formal complaint about my neighbours to the group that manages our block (it is literally just a form detailing the issues/dates etc, nothing legal asfar as I am aware), but in the end I didn't as I was informed this would be something I would have to inform any buyer about if I sell. Not sure if it is different for different places though
It applies to everybody who is selling a property.

Reactions: 3
We have neighbours who complained to us about their neighbours making a lot of noise. Not an issue on its own, but they have dogs that bark ALL day and at the most antisocial times... like 6am every. Single. Morning.

Also have another neighbour who painted their fence with a spray thing and in the process painted my car, the road and our drive way... and didn’t even do a good job of the paint

• Wow
Reactions: 9
Also have another neighbour who painted their fence with a spray thing and in the process painted my car, the road and our drive way... and didn’t even do a good job of the paint
Did they pay for you to fix the damage?

No, we’ve never spoken to them... it was tiny specks and it was at the start of lockdown so I only noticed when I drove it again about 3 weeks after. They peeled off thank goodness!
Oh lucky that it wasn’t too bad then. Imagine the hassle to get it sorted if it’d been worse.

I’m having horrible flashbacks reading this thread!

My neighbours are so loud at the moment, making noise into the early hours of the morning 😖 shut uppppp! Some of us have to go to work!

• Sad
Reactions: 5
My neighbour has a strange adult son who sits outside all day petting cats, literally all the cats on the street go and sit with him... Ive come home to him sat outside with 10/15 cats at once..
My favourite which happens about once a month (im guessing parents have really put their foot down as hasn't happened in a while)
There has been a few times where the parents have come home which is quickly followed by shouting and screaming, the front door is flung open and cat boy runs out with a cat usually in his arm and 10 running out after him... it honestly gives me endless laughs

btw I'm a smoker not a stalker so witness this on my smoking trips outside

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Well today I discovered one of my neighbours is a total hole and stole one of my parcels. I ordered new team kit for sport, so personal for that team and with my details on it and hadn't realised it had been sent. My other neighbour has one of those doorbells with a camera and you can see the parcel being left and a few hours later, the person leaning down taking my stuff and walking off. They then walk back past 20 mins later with nothing. So they have seen that it can't be sold on and thrown it in to the communal bins. Unfortunately since this happened the bins were emptied meaning I can't even get it back! Fair amount of money lost. Bad luck mate you are on camera and police are coming round

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 32
I’m so glad I found this, it’s made me feel so much better about my neighbours!

I’m the ground floor flat of an old converted terraced house. One up one down. My upstairs neighbours are nice enough but I think they sometimes forget I live below them and can hear everything. They stomp around all day, whenever one of them goes in the shower their music is blasting regardless of what time of day it is, I can hear the guy snoring when I’m in bed at night and I honestly don’t know how she’s still with him he’s a bleeping warthog. They’ve just come back from somewhere tonight and they’re blasting their music again, it’s after 1am...

neighbours on my right are absolutely fine, older couple who I only ever see when I’m putting my bins out. Never hear a peep out of them.

Left side are single handedly trying to repopulate the planet from the comfort of their own home. They have so many kids and for every kid there’s several dogs, cats and duck knows what else. They leave their poor dogs at home all day alone, sometimes from 7am until near enough midnight and the poor guys are so bored and lonely they all howl and bark at each other until someone comes home. I’ve reported them to the council once before, nothing was done about it apart from they now hate me and turn their noses up at me when I see them so now I don’t know what to do...

Don’t you just love other people ey

• Sad
Reactions: 11
We have nightmare neighbours too and they are in their 80’s.

Whenever we went on holiday we used to tell them and ask them to watch our house - as you do.

One year our Ring doorbell was going mad with motion. I looked and there were men coming and going along our drive. It was constant.

When we rewatched we realised they were tree surgeons. Cutting trees in the garden that back onto us.

Our neighbour had instructed them to come into our garden to do it whilst we were on holiday as they knew we didn’t like it being done.

Once we got home I confronted them and she said no no I don’t know what you’re talking about. I said I have video evidence and she paled.

I also spoke to the tree surgeon who confirmed she told them it was fine to access our garden via theirs and to open our gate. He also said he had been doing it for years but under the impression we had consented.

When I confirmed this isn’t the case he apologised and said he’ll never work for her again and he hasn’t.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Our neighbours peek out of their front door every time we go into our front garden to put something in the bin or take the bins out etc then they quietly close the door without saying anything. Trivial but it’s annoying!
my head neighbour has embarrassed himself properly. We had a skip removed from our garden, I moved my car from out front so the lorry could get in and once that was done I went back outside to move my car back and out comes the neighbour who gets in his car, I give him a half smile (the sort you give when you don’t really like,someone 😏 ) he ignores me, drives dramatically at the skip lorry who was straightening up in the road , then winds his window down yelling about how he has to go and pick his kid up from school cos he’s ill etc and tooting his horn at the driver! The driver was only straightening up in the road for 30 seconds, perfectly legally. I said to him “ don’t tell me, tell him” then he drives off at speed across the pavement, through the gap where my car was and off down the road. Thankfully there was no one crossing, cycling or walking past at the time the utter moron.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 8
We have nightmare neighbours too and they are in their 80’s.

Whenever we went on holiday we used to tell them and ask them to watch our house - as you do.

One year our Ring doorbell was going mad with motion. I looked and there were men coming and going along our drive. It was constant.

When we rewatched we realised they were tree surgeons. Cutting trees in the garden that back onto us.

Our neighbour had instructed them to come into our garden to do it whilst we were on holiday as they knew we didn’t like it being done.

Once we got home I confronted them and she said no no I don’t know what you’re talking about. I said I have video evidence and she paled.

I also spoke to the tree surgeon who confirmed she told them it was fine to access our garden via theirs and to open our gate. He also said he had been doing it for years but under the impression we had consented.

When I confirmed this isn’t the case he apologised and said he’ll never work for her again and he hasn’t.
I would have loved to see her face when she found out about the camera! Seriously, what is wrong with people. If she was so bothered why didn't she just ask you if it was okay?! I never understand people who seem determined to cause problems with the people that live nearby it is so illogical

In my third year of uni me and a few friends lived in a student house on a residential street. We were the only student house and our landlord lived down the road. Neighbour on the left, had no idea who lived there. Never saw them and we lived there for 12 months. Neighbour on the right, I’ll call him Bill.
Bill was about late 60’s and would always bring our wheely bins on the street when it was bin day. We thought it was cute at first but one day he knocked on our door and asked my housemate to move her car off the drive as he couldn’t reach our bins😂
Another time I went out to my car and found Bill rubbing T-cut all down the side of it over all the scratches that I’d made over the years.
Our Landlord and Bill (both retired I assumed) would always patrol the street and look out for things they could “fix”. We once saw them both on the roof fixing roof tiles of a random house across the street.
It was nice to be “looked after” and we did really appreciate Bill but we were grown adults all in our 20’s and were quite capable of taking our own bins out.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I would have loved to see her face when she found out about the camera! Seriously, what is wrong with people. If she was so bothered why didn't she just ask you if it was okay?! I never understand people who seem determined to cause problems with the people that live nearby it is so illogical
She was utterly floored when I said, it was priceless in many ways. But still she shouldn’thave done it.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Omg I’m sat here proper gobsmacked at that - the actual AUDACITY of some people!!!!!!!! I’d have told her where to shove her newspaper, or better shoved it up there myself. What a cow!
Not a neighbour but an old duck at church - when it was my turn to make morning tea she told me off because my cupcakes were too big.

• Haha
It took us 2 years of hell but we finally got rid of our prostitute drug-addict neighbour. Well, she got herself sent to prison which meant the council finally evicted her but it took us 2 years of not being able to hear ourselves think, arguments in the corridor, knife threats (from her to 'clients'), drug dealers trying to kick her door in, all sorts of crap.

Honestly first sign of trouble report! No use hanging around when it takes 2 years for anything to get done despite them coming hearing noise, various police visits, and the rest!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 4
Uncle knob head and sour puss. Our next door neighbours are sooo inconsiderate and think they own the tiny Grove we live in. She runs a childcare business from their home. This means the moronic lazy parents constantly parking over our paid for dropped curb either blocking us in or out. Sooo bloody annoying never would they block knob head n sour faces drive when they haven’t even got a bloody dropped curb to use said drive,just two bloody plastic ramp things that they smash up and down at all hours causing the most horrendous noises. Any way after years of putting up with this the final straw came when a parent parked over our drive whilst taking her Merry time to collect her child. My food shop delivery came and blocked her in. She ran out and made delivery driver move wtaf. That was it I’d had enough although,I managed to stay polite I said well you could wait since your actually parked over our drive and for future could you stop parking there. She said well where should I park I was like erm outside the Grove like visitors to my home do🤪 wow was she pissed off lol. Nether knob head nor sour face talk to us now .... Lool

Uncle knob head and sour puss. Our next door neighbours are sooo inconsiderate and think they own the tiny Grove we live in. She runs a childcare business from their home. This means the moronic lazy parents constantly parking over our paid for dropped curb either blocking us in or out. Sooo bloody annoying never would they block knob head n sour faces drive when they haven’t even got a bloody dropped curb to use said drive,just two bloody plastic ramp things that they smash up and down at all hours causing the most horrendous noises. Any way after years of putting up with this the final straw came when a parent parked over our drive whilst taking her Merry time to collect her child. My food shop delivery came and blocked her in. She ran out and made delivery driver move wtaf. That was it I’d had enough although,I managed to stay polite I said well you could wait since your actually parked over our drive and for future could you stop parking there. She said well where should I park I was like erm outside the Grove like visitors to my home do🤪 wow was she pissed off lol. Nether knob head nor sour face talk to us now .... Lool
Oh and another time Uncle knob head decided to burn all his household and garden waste in his garden it was midday and I had a line full of washing out. I ran out to quickly get said washing back in. Uncle knob heads mate said to him do you think we should burn this now your neighbour has washing out? Uncle knob heads reply was yeh carry on duck it wtaf C..t Oh both him and I work night shifts sour face goes out with children so knob head can sleep. Many times I’ve been knocked out of bed to take in parcel for them while knob head sleeps😡only for me to get knocked up again a while later by sour face coming to collect said parcel with a look on her face that I’m sure she thinks I should of redelivered it to her personally ffffffffsss. no apology no thanks 😡needles to say I’m done I want to move preferably to the middle of nowhere 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
Oh god-just remembered the time my mates rabbit died (of natural causes!)
she didn’t have a garden so asked if she could bury ‘Bertie’ in mine
i had no problems with this at all so she came round clutching an old hat box
now both sides to my house had really evil neighbours-the only people in the street that had any issues with me-they where friends and would wind each other up something rotten
anyway I’m digging a hole,when my mate spotted both neighbours hanging out of ones bedroom window-watching us
my mate being a big gob shouted ‘you can stop watching us!we’re only burying a body!’
both heads disappeared and we thought nothing of it

until a cop car pulled up about 5 minutes later-they’d rang the police to report that we had murdered someone and where burying their body in board daylight!

I felt a right tit having to open this bloody hat box to show them a dead rabbit and try to explain that was what I was trying to bury

they did have words about ‘wasting police time’

we moved not long after

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.