Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ditto people who let their dogs bark for extended periods - surely it's annoying to them too?? Our neighbour's dog is set off by visitors to basically anyone, anyone's doorbells, postmen at any door, anything and nothing, and 90% of the time they do nothing at all and the other 10% they say "shaddaaap" in a soothing voice. The dog, naturally doesn't speak English and only knows that they make that sound once he's made his.
Yes 👏! We have the whole set of screaming kids and barking dogs near us. One particularly just barks every time anyone does anything or any time a bird moves etc. We live on a footpath to a popular woodland area so he’s constantly barking at everything. Everyone comments on it because he doesn’t shut up. The owner says things like “stop being silllllllayyyyyyy , shhhhh you” he’s not being effing silly though is he, he’s a dog! & he’s losing his freaking mind all day long! And me with it! Can’t bloody wait til winter and rain and everyone can just stop screaming and barking and I can have some peace in my own house.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Screaming kids, barking dogs, fighting in the middle of the street and Screaming the street down from 3am last night. All attributed to 3 households! I wish them a long, cold, dark winter 😂

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
My parents had a West Highland Terrier and she used to bark a lot because their house backs into woods so foxes and owls etc… used to set her off and I used to go mad as they let her bark away when I stayed over. Somehow they tuned it out so it wasn’t until I said it’s 10:30pm and she is going nuts can you get her in that they noticed.
You might find the owners almost don’t hear it and the same for screaming kids, not to say that it’s in anyway acceptable or ok but another perspective.
Grrr my neighbour is terrible for this, she also has a Westie and she lets the bloody think out at 4/5am and leaves it to bark. I have a dog too, so I know they bark but if mine is barking outside he gets shut up as quickly as I can get to him. If he barks in the house, sometimes I leave it for a bit, but outdoors no way. If he goes outside in the night, I go too just in case.

Reactions: 5
Someone on our street has family over, so has parked on the road outside their own house, and the other houses have two of the visiting families cars parked outside their homes also. Now I know you don’t own parking on the road but they’ve obviously pissed someone off because the cars have been keyed overnight 👀

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Someone on our street has family over, so has parked on the road outside their own house, and the other houses have two of the visiting families cars parked outside their homes also. Now I know you don’t own parking on the road but they’ve obviously pissed someone off because the cars have been keyed overnight 👀
How pathetic! I hope someone has them on camera. Ppl who do things like that are the absolute pits of society!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
My noisy neighbours have been away since last Wednesday and it’s been so peaceful. No shite tv blasting through the open patio doors, competing with the cursing and swearing of the eldest child on his PlayStation punctuated by the gangta rap he listens to. No people knocking on the door and setting the dogs off barking til the early hours of the morning, no doors slamming every 5 minutes, no screaming the kids names and they shouting back ‘What’.
Anyone got a house for sale on a remote island ??

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
My noisy neighbours have been away since last Wednesday and it’s been so peaceful. No shite tv blasting through the open patio doors, competing with the cursing and swearing of the eldest child on his PlayStation punctuated by the gangta rap he listens to. No people knocking on the door and setting the dogs off barking til the early hours of the morning, no doors slamming every 5 minutes, no screaming the kids names and they shouting back ‘What’.
Anyone got a house for sale on a remote island ??
Not mine personally, but this is remote!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Well we finally move house tomorrow and leave our weird neighbours behind. They have been pretty quiet lately although a couple of weeks ago the local foxes had a party in their front garden, ripping open the thin bags they use for the copious amount of fast food packaging they throw away and spreading it everywhere including into our front garden. I obviously picked up the stuff in our garden straight away but the rest lay there all day, in the 90+ degree heat, literally covered in flies until it was 'cleared up' after dark. There's still a small pile of ripped plastic and food wrappers there. As a memorial they 'placed' a broken coffee table and some other unidentifiable piece of household equipment in the centre of their front garden and that's still there too. As "a going away present" the elder daughter had a massive row with her father yesterday. I appreciated the gesture.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I written on this thread a few times about my neighbour and their child (filthy flea ridden house and family)

Anyway it’s the child’s bday in a couple weeks and she’s asked if me and my son would like to go and go to some aquarium place and down the seafront, I really don’t wanna go and also the Aquarium is £20 an adult and £15 per child I can’t justify spending that atm due to everything rising in costs, but she’s saying she’s going to book it and if me and my child couldn’t make it that day she would do it on a different day and it would make her child’s bday really special if we was there and then adds at the end of the message only if you want too though

That now makes me feel guilty, my parents are going away that week so I’m dog sitting on my days off and then working the rest of the week and I have said this and she just keeps saying she would change the day but I don’t want to say I don’t wanna go and also it’s bleeping expensive for a quite small aquarium too 😭

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I written on this thread a few times about my neighbour and their child (filthy flea ridden house and family)

Anyway it’s the child’s bday in a couple weeks and she’s asked if me and my son would like to go and go to some aquarium place and down the seafront, I really don’t wanna go and also the Aquarium is £20 an adult and £15 per child I can’t justify spending that atm due to everything rising in costs, but she’s saying she’s going to book it and if me and my child couldn’t make it that day she would do it on a different day and it would make her child’s bday really special if we was there and then adds at the end of the message only if you want too though

That now makes me feel guilty, my parents are going away that week so I’m dog sitting on my days off and then working the rest of the week and I have said this and she just keeps saying she would change the day but I don’t want to say I don’t wanna go and also it’s bleeping expensive for a quite small aquarium too 😭
Just tell her you can’t afford it. There is no shame in that.

Reactions: 14
Just tell her you can’t afford it. There is no shame in that.
Yeah I might have to swallow my pride and say, the prices have since changed and Iv just looked on the website and it’s £26.95 for an adult and £22.95 for a child! Even more than I thought! Iv got my guttering to be done aswell this month at £755 and plus family members bdays etc I’m guna say I can’t afford it but don’t want her guilt tripping me into either them paying or saying it won’t be as special for their kid

• Heart
Reactions: 12

You’re just going to have to be honest and tell her it’s too expensive for you. I take it you’re not close friends with her, so it’s not like you’re losing her friendship. I feel sorry for the little boy, but you’re not responsible for his birthday

Reactions: 7
You’re just going to have to be honest and tell her it’s too expensive for you. I take it you’re not close friends with her, so it’s not like you’re losing her friendship. I feel sorry for the little boy, but you’re not responsible for his birthday
Yeah only neighbours, thanks I find it hard to say no, just feels like I’m letting him down

Reactions: 2
Yeah I might have to swallow my pride and say, the prices have since changed and Iv just looked on the website and it’s £26.95 for an adult and £22.95 for a child! Even more than I thought! Iv got my guttering to be done aswell this month at £755 and plus family members bdays etc I’m guna say I can’t afford it but don’t want her guilt tripping me into either them paying or saying it won’t be as special for their kid
Nothing wrong with that. Just tell them the truth - it's a tough month with a lot on with getting guttering done which is an extra cost etc. If they don't take no for an answer when you explain your reasons to them then they're just weird.

Do your children play together often?

• Heart
Reactions: 1

Has she actually asked you to pay? Her saying she'll book it sounds like she's paying to me...

(also, if it's their birthday thing, why would you be paying at all? If they're inviting your kid, they ought to be paying, no?)

Reactions: 1
Bathroom work started today.

Nosey Nora over the road nearly broke her neck craning it for a look earlier 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Nothing wrong with that. Just tell them the truth - it's a tough month with a lot on with getting guttering done which is an extra cost etc. If they don't take no for an answer when you explain your reasons to them then they're just weird.

Do your children play together often?
Not often I try to keep my son away as their house next door is filthy and disgusting and the poor boy is covered in flea bites etc, they go to the same nursery, Iv mentioned in previous posts that Iv reported them to nursery

Has she actually asked you to pay? Her saying she'll book it sounds like she's paying to me...

(also, if it's their birthday thing, why would you be paying at all? If they're inviting your kid, they ought to be paying, no?)
No I would have to pay myself, she’s only booking for herself, partner and child I would have to fund my child and self

Not often I try to keep my son away as their house next door is filthy and disgusting and the poor boy is covered in flea bites etc, they go to the same nursery, Iv mentioned in previous posts that Iv reported them to nursery

No I would have to pay myself, she’s only booking for herself, partner and child I would have to fund my child and self
Why does she need you to go if her partner is going anyway? It would be different if she was going alone with the child I guess. Is the woman really lonely and using the fact that your child is at the same nursery to try and forge a friendship?

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.