Odd Neighbours / Neighbour Problems #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Following on from my last message, does anyone know if you go to the hospital and tell them you feel like you’re about to have a breakdown, do they admit you? Because I’m self employed and I also need to work.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Following on from my last message, does anyone know if you go to the hospital and tell them you feel like you’re about to have a breakdown, do they admit you? Because I’m self employed and I also need to work.
They didn’t with me and I was having a full on breakdown. Like I’d SH’d, written suicide notes, the lot. Only went in because my girlfriend at the time begged me to get help.

The psychiatrist told me he didn’t think I was mentally unstable because I had managed to get dressed and was aware of my mental state - therefore making me sane enough to not need help. Told me I looked normal and that I had wasted his time - despite being sat there with my cut arms fully on display and a lovely looking gash on my head from where I’d head butted a wall

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Given the state of the NHS right now and the lack of funding for mental health services, I’d say most likely not unless you were a serious risk to yourself or others.

Reactions: 4
Probably not, but an appointment with your GP to discuss things will be a start to getting some help. I'm sorry you're feeling that way. Please chat to the Samaritans if you feel low at any time, day or night - Tel: 116 123

Reactions: 7
Probably not, but an appointment with your GP to discuss things will be a start to getting some help. I'm sorry you're feeling that way. Please chat to the Samaritans if you feel low at any time, day or night - Tel: 116 123
I'd add texting Shout (85258) to this as well.

Thank you so much for your responses. I got myself together last night and I’m fighting back now. I’m determined to put a stop to this no matter what I have to do. I’m annoyed at myself for not standing up sooner. But I’ve found my voice and boy am I going to use it. My new pronouns are “stop bleeping harassing me” and “leave me the duck alone”. I just want these neighbours to respect my damn pronouns. 😀

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Thank you so much for your responses. I got myself together last night and I’m fighting back now. I’m determined to put a stop to this no matter what I have to do. I’m annoyed at myself for not standing up sooner. But I’ve found my voice and boy am I going to use it. My new pronouns are “stop bleeping harassing me” and “leave me the duck alone”. I just want these neighbours to respect my damn pronouns. 😀
If my workplace ask for mine I am 100%using the second one 😅😅😅 good luck with everything I hope it goes well ❤

They didn’t with me and I was having a full on breakdown. Like I’d SH’d, written suicide notes, the lot. Only went in because my girlfriend at the time begged me to get help.

The psychiatrist told me he didn’t think I was mentally unstable because I had managed to get dressed and was aware of my mental state - therefore making me sane enough to not need help. Told me I looked normal and that I had wasted his time - despite being sat there with my cut arms fully on display and a lovely looking gash on my head from where I’d head butted a wall
Didn't want to read and run. Hope you're feeling happier and peaceful now. As a "cutter" I hate the term "feel better" so won't use it, but yeah I hope all is well! ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My neighbour’s been doing the usual Saturday afternoon job of wandering around his garden with his leaf blower and blowing the leaves into my garden. He’s a neat freak but why I need to have them when i have plenty of my own I don’t know. I don’t think he has heard of the rake and bin bag method that most people do.

Reactions: 3
My neighbour’s been doing the usual Saturday afternoon job of wandering around his garden with his leaf blower and blowing the leaves into my garden. He’s a neat freak but why I need to have them when i have plenty of my own I don’t know. I don’t think he has heard of the rake and bin bag method that most people do.
I used to look after an elderly couple who believe or not, used to hoover their back garden in the summer. Have you got a fence? How high is it? Can you extend the height with a net and poles? Alternatively can you invest in a wind machine? 😄 watch dem leaves blow right back at ya. 😁

Reactions: 1
Didn't want to read and run. Hope you're feeling happier and peaceful now. As a "cutter" I hate the term "feel better" so won't use it, but yeah I hope all is well! ♥
Thank you lovely. Much better now, haven’t SH’d for about 3 years now. Getting out of a toxic relationship and moving nearly 200 miles from home defo helped 😅

Hope you are okay and are finding peace 🖤

• Heart
Hi. I don't know if this is the right thread for this query but I have searched and this is the only close thing. Does anyone know if anywhere in Leeds accepts DSS??😔 preferably a 2 bedroom..

😳

Last edited:
Well, I’m pleased to report that the bullying and harassment has ceased! 🥳 For the moment.😕 I have to be prepared for swamp boy and his wildebeest GF (I have to find humour some how) to regroup and change tactics. They really are quite the sneaky pair, and that, coupled with the fact that the council failed on so many levels to help in any way, made it so difficult for me to be able to do much else, but take the abuse. So. After reaching my breaking point over the weekend. I blew my top. And they went quiet. And they’ve been quiet. In fact, you could hear a gnat fart in my immediate neighbourhood yesterday it was so quiet. I hope that is the end of the harassment for once and for all. Thanks for your support, I’ll keep you updated x

Reactions: 9
Hi. I don't know if this is the right thread for this query but I have searched and this is the only close thing. Does anyone know if anywhere in Leeds accepts DSS??😔 preferably a 2 bedroom..

😳
There is a thread for random problems. Have you tried your local housing or council offices? I know years ago they used to have a list of those who accept DSS Also your local FB will have people who will know

Last edited:
My opinion of the police is rock bottom right now ... instead of dealing with the neighbour they tell me to keep my curtains closed, or buy some blinds, or buy some window film.
How about the mad woman next door keeps to the promise she made to the police that she would ignore me!!

• Sad
My opinion of the police is rock bottom right now ... instead of dealing with the neighbour they tell me to keep my curtains closed, or buy some blinds, or buy some window film.
How about the mad woman next door keeps to the promise she made to the police that she would ignore me!!
What’s she doing?

Reactions: 1
not at mine but at my parents there was a neighbour behind them who would fly their drone over their garden, apprently it isn't a crime and there was literally nothing they could do to stop it. Totally invasion of privacy

• Sad
Unfortunately the police don’t help anyone anymore. It’s a free for all especially with neighbours unless you do something that rubs the police the wrong way or retaliate against something done to you by someone else. I lost all hope & respect for them many years ago after many times I needed them for various things in my neighbourhood and realised they won’t help you. Any excuse not to they will find it

Reactions: 6
Unfortunately the police don’t help anyone anymore. It’s a free for all especially with neighbours unless you do something that rubs the police the wrong way or retaliate against something done to you by someone else. I lost all hope & respect for them many years ago after many times I needed them for various things in my neighbourhood and realised they won’t help you. Any excuse not to they will find it
Yep. Yep, and I couldn't have said it better myself.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.